Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class B & B+ Motorhomes
Click Here to Login

Old 06-24-2018, 11:06 PM   #41

Brand: Still Looking
State: Oregon
THOR #12089
Closet looks very small

I'm looking at the 23TR online, there is no local dealer with one to inspect. The wardrobe closet looks to be very small, can you tell me the inside width measurement? It looks to be about 14" if the floorplan drawing is accurate. If it's too narrow I'm wondering about the possibility of a remodel, expanding it back toward the window. I suppose I could even make a few inches of the back wall of the expansion stand proud of the window if needed. Appreciate your help and how you view this "problem".

The closet on the 23TB is larger but it appears it, along with the drawer below, would be blocked from use when the slide is in. Same to a large degree for the drawers below the base of the bed.

Old 06-24-2018, 11:37 PM   #42

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: compass 23tw
State: California
THOR #7466
Quote:
Originally Posted by ograpeswani View Post
I'm looking at the 23TR online, there is no local dealer with one to inspect. The wardrobe closet looks to be very small, can you tell me the inside width measurement? It looks to be about 14" if the floorplan drawing is accurate. If it's too narrow I'm wondering about the possibility of a remodel, expanding it back toward the window. I suppose I could even make a few inches of the back wall of the expansion stand proud of the window if needed. Appreciate your help and how you view this "problem".

The closet on the 23TB is larger but it appears it, along with the drawer below, would be blocked from use when the slide is in. Same to a large degree for the drawers below the base of the bed.

it is about 12''. you have a small drawer below the wardrobe. 2 big storage areas above the bed & 3 put out drawers below the bed too.
2020 29J Outlaw- sold
2021 23tw compass
safari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2018, 11:21 PM   #43

Brand: Still Looking
State: Oregon
THOR #12089
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainsam View Post
Here is a pic of my table storage shelf I removed from the MH. I put a set of Harbor Freight casters on it along with a few real screws and store spare ShopSmith accessories. Perfect size.

http://www.thorforums.com/forums/att...1&d=1525211261
Nice job. I have a 1953 ShopSmith out in my barn shop and it still gets used although not as frequently as I'd like. If I end getting one of these 23TRs, either Compass or Gemini, I'll know what to do with the storage shelf!
Old 09-16-2020, 09:45 PM   #44

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Compass 23TR
State: Texas
THOR #7972
End of our Thor Compass 23TR journey. Sold to a good home & in my opinion in better mechanical condition than when bought new. Still disappointed in the quality of assembly from Thor. We didn’t let it dampen our enjoyment or trips. Not sure what the future holds but I will definitely be a better educated RV buyer.
Safe travels to all,
Hugh