Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class C and Super C Motorhomes
Click Here to Login

Old 12-21-2020, 12:11 AM   #1

Brand: Still Looking
State: Florida
THOR #21585
Quantum or 4 Winds

We are doing our due diligence on a new Class C and trying to get an idea of which RV is likely to have the best build. Thor Quantum SE27 or Four Winds 28Z.
Any comments appreciated.

Old 12-21-2020, 01:04 AM   #2

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Quantum RQ29
State: Ohio
THOR #13648
I can't speak for the four winds, but we have a 2018 Quantum RQ29 and only had 1 minor build problem that the dealer took care of. It was one of the kitchen doors that was improperly aligned. Since then we've had no other problems. Hope it stays that way. Good luck in your search.
Old 12-22-2020, 04:53 PM   #3

State: Florida
THOR #21585
Thanks

We were impressed with the Quantum SE27 both externally and internally but as I said are just at the beginning of our search as we intend to drive it from Florida to Alaska as soon as the border reopens. The Thor Quantum looked good to me but searching on line I saw many negative comments on the Quantum. However, I don't get unduly influenced by these reviews because people tend to publish negative experiences more than positive
Old 01-03-2021, 04:06 PM   #4

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Massachusetts
THOR #21704
new to this Thor site and not sure if i am in the right area for questions about questions on the Thor Quantum wet bay heat as well as other simple mechanical questions like resetting the levelers in error mode.
Old 01-03-2021, 04:12 PM   #5
I Think We're Lost!

Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mecheng1 View Post
We are doing our due diligence on a new Class C and trying to get an idea of which RV is likely to have the best build. Thor Quantum SE27 or Four Winds 28Z.
Any comments appreciated.
I'm not comfortably familiar with these RVs; they just have never been on my radar.
But as far as build quality issues: the most thorough PDI that you can cook up; is your best friend.
Happy shopping!
Old 01-03-2021, 04:14 PM   #6
I Think We're Lost!

Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
Quote:
Originally Posted by quantum View Post
new to this Thor site and not sure if i am in the right area for questions about questions on the Thor Quantum wet bay heat as well as other simple mechanical questions like resetting the levelers in error mode.
I can't help with your questions.
But welcome to the Forum anyway!
Old 01-10-2021, 02:42 AM   #7

Model: Forest River 2400R MBS
State: Missouri
THOR #13744
As far as built quality.....probably not much difference, just buy what you like best.

With that said, make sure you catch all the obvious issues during the pre-purchase inspection and/or walkthrough. Then count on a few days it will take you to remove all drawers, covers etc. to clean up saw dust and construction debris in hidden places. You will also need a bunch of zip ties to secure and tidy up all wiring, etc. underneath.

That goes for any new RV. I spent probably 2 weekends on our new Four Winds but didn't have any issues during the 5 trips we took. Almost forgot, if you have a ducted AC system be ready for lots of snow (Styrofoam pebbles) all over the inside at first.

Have fun!