Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class A Motor Coach
Click Here to Login

Old 05-10-2018, 05:26 PM   #1

Brand: Still Looking
State: Delaware
THOR #9488
Convection Cook Top

We are still getting to know our new Aria 3401. It came with a convection cook top which is pretty nice. We just learned two things. It is on the same circuit as the washing machine. You can use both at same time. Also, if one of the burners is on highest setting, the other is limited to half of the highest setting. Anyone else having same issue?

Old 05-11-2018, 02:48 AM   #2

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 24HE
State: Florida
THOR #10225
Do you mean induction cooktop?
Old 05-11-2018, 02:16 PM   #3

Brand: Still Looking
State: Delaware
THOR #9488
Yes....induction

Yes....induction
Old 05-11-2018, 02:42 PM   #4

Brand: Redwood
Model: 36FB
State: Arizona
THOR #3610
From reading other forums apparently all the induction cooktops in rvs operate that way, however much you you turn on burner #2 reduces #1.
We have 2 of the "as seen on tv" induction hot plate style & they are fantastic.
Replacement undetermined
Travelin' Texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 03:22 PM   #5
Kev

Model: Windsport
State: Florida
THOR #3918
Induction cooktop

We have a portable induction cook top and really like it. Especially in the summer no heat from the gas cook top to heat up the coach. We never use the gas cook top. The only thing that may be a negative for some is you cannot use aluminum pans.

kev
Old 05-11-2018, 07:03 PM   #6

Model: Aria 3901
State: Idaho
THOR #9660
I've heard of some that will cut power to one burner when the other is on high, but ours does not. I have boiled water on both at the same time, both on high. Pretty quick, too. Did have to purchase new pots and pans, though.
Old 05-11-2018, 08:10 PM   #7
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev View Post
We have a portable induction cook top and really like it. Especially in the summer no heat from the gas cook top to heat up the coach. We never use the gas cook top. The only thing that may be a negative for some is you cannot use aluminum pans.

kev
We also picked up a portable one. Use it in the RV all the time (almost never use the propane stove anymore). As a bonus we can use the portable one outside...
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2018, 06:52 PM   #8

Model: Aria 3401
State: Colorado
THOR #13518
We have a Aria 3410. We occasionally get an E3 error. Some person from China probably wrote the manual, as I don't understand the meaning of their error explanation. I would have to suspect that we are doing something incorrectly to cause the error. Any insight would be appreciated.
Old 11-02-2018, 10:56 PM   #9

Model: Miramar
State: Tennessee
THOR #12286
Quote:
Originally Posted by RGarlick View Post
We have a Aria 3410. We occasionally get an E3 error. Some person from China probably wrote the manual, as I don't understand the meaning of their error explanation. I would have to suspect that we are doing something incorrectly to cause the error. Any insight would be appreciated.
If you have the same High Pointe M-ID185 cooktop that is in my Miramar, the E3 code indicates the main sensor is hot. Operation should return to normal when cool. If you keep getting this error code, have the unit serviced.

MiramarTN
MiramarTN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2018, 12:00 AM   #10

Model: Aria 3401
State: Colorado
THOR #13518
Had to think about this for a while, and obviously I don't understand something. Isn't the idea of a stove that it is supposed to get hot?It's all right if induction units operate different, but I would appreciate it if someone would educate me Thanks, gang.
Old 11-16-2018, 12:31 AM   #11
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Quote:
Had to think about this for a while, and obviously I don't understand something. Isn't the idea of a stove that it is supposed to get hot?It's all right if induction units operate different, but I would appreciate it if someone would educate me Thanks, gang.
Sure I'll give it a stab: An induction cooktop heats the pan via a coil in the "burner". Instead of a big resistor getting hot there is a coil generating a magnetic field. The field induces a current in the pan (the pans have to be magnetic). The current in the pan causes it to heat up.

Hence the "burner" doesn't get hot, the pan does.

A much more detailed explanation from Wikipedia.
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2018, 12:32 AM   #12

Model: Miramar
State: Tennessee
THOR #12286
Quote:
The information I provided on the error code was just what my product owner's manual stated.

The idea of an induction stove is not to get hot. The only heat is the heat that is transferred to the cooktop from the pot/pan while cooking. Induction cooktops must use pots and pans in which a magnet will stick, no aluminum. The magnetic fields cause the pot/pan to heat up. That is why induction cooktops will be cool to the touch not too long after the pot/pan is removed.

Although we are still getting familiar with our Miramar, my wife really likes the induction cooktop.

I hope this helps.

MiramarTN
MiramarTN is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aria, cooktop, induction