Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class A Motor Coach
Click Here to Login

Old 08-12-2020, 09:02 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 24fe
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #20046
Fuse for water pump?????

I have a 2018 Thor Freedom Elite 24fe. It is similar to the other Thor Sprinter-based class C's. The floor of the RV got wet - not bad and I was able to mop up the water with a couple of towels. The next day I took out the cabinet drawers in the affected area and the floor below all the cabinets look dry. However, the water pump (behind a drawer under the cook top/microwave) doesn't turn on. As the pump itself is raised up about 3/4", the motor couldn't have gotten wet. I was thinking that maybe there is a fuse that got wet but I cannot locate it. There is a switch on the control panel for the pump and the red LED lights up when the switch is activated. Maybe there is a relay??? The Thor schematic for my unit does not show a fuse in the converter for the water pump. Does anyone know how power is supplied to the pump and the location of the fuse and/or relay? The water pump installation guide shows that a fuse is required. Note: I have never used the pump and the fresh water tank is dry. But, I assume that the pump should still turn on with the switch. The gas furnace is also in that area and it works fine.

Old 08-13-2020, 06:16 PM   #2

State: Missouri
THOR #6903
Don't know a thing about your unit but most pumps have an inline fuse and many Thor units utilize a relay especially if you have more than one water pump switch

Use a 12v tester and see if you have voltage at the pump
Old 08-13-2020, 08:03 PM   #3

Brand: Keystone
Model: Sprinter
State: Florida
THOR #15553
There is no relay unless you have 2 or more switches, The inline fuse will be very close to the pump.
Old 08-13-2020, 08:16 PM   #4

Model: 2018 24.1 AXISSIXxSIX
State: Arizona
THOR #13932
A side note
Amazon sells little bladed circuit breakers which fit right in an automotive fuse holder.
While you're in there you might as well do a swap out.

I almost bought them to replace ALL of my fuses.
Then I decided this was fairly stupid and something so preemptive might require me to either cut the pill in half or take two.
I'll replace them as they blow, not before.

Click on my pictures then click the pop-up for a full screen zoomable picture.
ducksface is online now   Reply With Quote