Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class A Motor Coach
Click Here to Login

Old 11-16-2015, 10:49 PM   #1

Brand: Still Looking
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #3228
Who loves their ACE 29.2?

ACE 29.2 owners, what do you like or dislike about your motorhome? Interior features, exterior features, missing features, etc.

Are you comfortable driving it in towns and to off the beaten path attractions and locations, or do you find it necessary to pull a toad and leave the coach at a campground?

On what occasions has it been a little too long for where you wanted to go with it?

I'm interested in any information or experiences you'd like to share.

Old 12-11-2015, 05:53 PM   #2

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 29.2
State: North Carolina
THOR #2260
We love ours! You definitely need to research the cheap handling fix and keep the tire pressure in specs. Once we did that and had a shake down ride to get everything resettled, the thing handles great. And 5 pounds off of the normal pressure makes a big difference in roll. I can whip that puppy anywhere I want now.

We do tow a jeep. It's a lot easier to have that once settled in a park. If we don't plan on staying in one place more than a night or two, we don't tow.

Inside, the captains chairs are comfy enough, but i do feel like I'm falling out of the drivers seat. I plan on replacing the original base with a 6way electric base this winter.

Have some issues with the toilet wanting to back up with very little (3 squares) of paper. Thinking that either the vent may be in the way or we aren't putting enough water down there. This is a work in progress.

Overall, we really do love it. Haven't had any issues getting where we want to go. The size is perfect for 2 of us and 3 large breed dogs.
Old 12-25-2015, 06:15 PM   #3

Brand: Still Looking
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #3228
Thanks, Sandy. I was beginning to think no one liked theirs, although other threads indicated people do.

We had another chance to compare the ACE 29.2, 29.3, and AXIS 24.1 last week, and once again the 29.2 was our favorite. I really wanted to like the AXIS 24.1, but when I think of sitting out a few rainy days in a campground the interior becomes just too confining.

We're looking to get ours in late March or maybe April, do a couple short shake-down trips and then hit the road for a few weeks. Our motorcycle trips many years ago just scratched the surface of what there is to see here and in Canada. This time around we'll see even more, and we'll be drier!