Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class A Motor Coach
Click Here to Login

Old 08-12-2014, 05:50 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: California
THOR #1010
Thumbs down diagram of 24c user functions

My Thor user manual does not have any diagrams showing where all the switches and knobs for all functions are located.

Right now I can't find out why my electrical outlets do not work. I've checked the fuses, tried the outlets with and without engine running, hookups connected, or generator on, and still get no juice. Is there some switch somewhere. I did find the switch next to the entrance door, but that did allowed all other functions except still nothing from the electrical outlets.

Sure would be nice to have some switches labeled at factory. Or at least a diagram.

Thanks.

Old 08-12-2014, 07:51 PM   #2

State: Vermont
THOR #386
When I picked up my 24c last year I had the same problem when not connected to shore power. Seems the dealer forgot to tell me that he never orders the ABT switch for the generator circuit. In my case I always have to make sure the shore power cable is plugged into the outlet for the generator which is in my cable storage area. Once plugged in and with the gen. running I had power everywhere FWIW.

In your case, are you saying you are plugged into shore power and have no electric outlets working in the coach?
Old 08-12-2014, 07:52 PM   #3

Model: 2013 31L
State: Florida
THOR #908
Yes, i'm perplexed why they don't publish electrical and plumbing schematics.
That is truely basic!
I called the customer service folks at the factory and struck out.
Really mind boggling, THOR, are you listening?

First, did you buy it new? I'm guessing no becasue the selling dealer would have given you a basic walk through..... alsthough they don't cover it all, not even close.

Anyway, your's maybe a totally different vintage and therefore totally different from mine..... or maybe even the same vinatge and totally different from the factory????

in my coach,
the switch by the door, the only one labled is Use/Store. The use position fires a relay taht connects the house battery to the 12V system (lights, etc...)

Other switches by the door are porch light, awning, and inside living room lights (but the fixtures have switches on them too so if they are off at the fixture the switch by the door doesn't do anything)

For the 120VAC - the generator and the shore power drop cord both feed into an auto transfer switch. If your coach doesn't have this, it will likely be a 30A plug inside the shore power cable storage bay where you manually plug in the generator or manualy plug in the shore power cable

I installed a Progressive industries power monitor on my shore power cable ahead of this switch. It has a built in delay to analyze the power before switching it on..... so taht's one confusing delay.

The generator also delays feed. It doesn't delivery power imediately after starting.... there's maybe a minute delay while it stabilizes.

There are also interlock switches tied to the parking brake and likely others I haven't figured out..... lets see, the other day I found a new one.... my cassis engine was running and I couldn't operate the bedroom slide. Now i can't remember if I had to set the brake or shut off the engine to get it to operate......
Old 08-12-2014, 10:09 PM   #4

Model: Freedom Elite 28H
THOR #940
Quote:
Originally Posted by onthego View Post
My Thor user manual does not have any diagrams showing where all the switches and knobs for all functions are located.

Right now I can't find out why my electrical outlets do not work. I've checked the fuses, tried the outlets with and without engine running, hookups connected, or generator on, and still get no juice. Is there some switch somewhere. I did find the switch next to the entrance door, but that did allowed all other functions except still nothing from the electrical outlets.

Sure would be nice to have some switches labeled at factory. Or at least a diagram.

Thanks.
Do you have a GFI outlet that may be tripped? In my coach it is in the bathroom.
Old 05-02-2016, 03:51 PM   #5

Model: 2015 24C
THOR #4183
Electrical Outlets

I found that the outlets won't work unless you are plugged into a shore line or the generator needs to be on. I guess that's to protect against draining the house batteries.

I find that Thor really needs to put more outlets in the coach. I have just three. Bathroom, under the booth and right as you walk in the door on the panel wall below the sink. NONE in the bed area. I have to look to see how the TV is wired in or plugged in. I need to add a DVD as the 2015 didn't come with one.
Old 03-11-2018, 10:04 PM   #6

State: Tennessee
THOR #10915
Just checked my HE24 a few minutes ago as I had not looked at that yet. With the generator running the external and internal AC outlets were energized. Havent checked them with shore power yet. Raining here today.

Andy

Tags
diagrams, electrical outlets