Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class A Motor Coach
Click Here to Login

Old 07-10-2015, 07:45 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 27K
State: California
THOR #1226
Dinette tubes noise

Our Hurricane 27K dinette makes a lot of noise clanging the 2 metal tubes that support the table. I've tighten up all the screws and still have the problem.

Also, the metal legs have labels on them that read, NOT TO EXCEED 5 MPH. Where can you store this table when under way? Nowhere in the manual does it say any thing about this.

2015 Hurricane 27K
2013 Redhawk
1988 Pace Arrow
fivejackie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 09:36 PM   #2

Model: Hurricane 34E
THOR #937
Didn't they inform you that your coach was not designed to go any faster than 5 mph?

Actually, you might want to get some Velcro straps, (normally used for sleeping bags).

Or, perhaps, strategically adhere some Velcro bits to prevent the noise while in transit.

Then again, that 5mph option may save a considerable amount of fuel!
Old 07-11-2015, 12:38 AM   #3

State: Arizona
THOR #2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by fivejackie View Post
Our Hurricane 27K dinette makes a lot of noise clanging the 2 metal tubes that support the table. I've tighten up all the screws and still have the problem.

Also, the metal legs have labels on them that read, NOT TO EXCEED 5 MPH. Where can you store this table when under way? Nowhere in the manual does it say any thing about this.
Gosh, We have the same issue! We took it for a short drive some weeks back and couldn't figure out where the "clanging" was coming from. We finally isolated it to the table legs. DH pushed them down more firmly into their holes and the noise stopped...for a couple miles...but then came back. We haven't had a chance to try to resolve this issue as our 2016 Hurricane 27K has been at the dealer's service department since June 17.

We took possession of it May 21. We are getting more and more frustrated as we try to get what we thought were 2 major and several minor warranty issues taken care of. We didn't include the noisy legs so as to try to keep our fix-it list shorter.

We never noticed the "5 MPH" label! It doesn't make sense.

It seems OUR dealer's service department has a problem "communicating" with Thor, & with trying to decide whose responsibility it is to fix these issues. Needless to say we are beyond irritated!

I have been in touch directly with Thor and that seemed to get a fire lit at the dealer - but only time will tell.

When we get it back we'll revisit the rattling table legs issue and see if we can suggest any solutions.
Old 10-12-2015, 06:50 PM   #4

Model: Hurricane 27k
State: Quebec
THOR #2292
Same problem, same model and also looking for a solution. However Ido not want ro store the table whenever we travel.
Old 10-12-2015, 07:21 PM   #5

State: Florida
THOR #1249
We removed the tables and legs. We use folding wooden tables now which stow nicely back of couch where the other tables were. Much easier to handle and set up.
Old 10-12-2015, 07:39 PM   #6

State: Arizona
THOR #2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcr1010 View Post
We removed the tables and legs. We use folding wooden tables now which stow nicely back of couch where the other tables were. Much easier to handle and set up.
May I ask what you did about the table leg bases that I assume stuck up out of the floor?
Old 10-12-2015, 08:18 PM   #7

THOR #1226
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by starnje View Post
Same problem, same model and also looking for a solution. However Ido not want ro store the table whenever we travel.
I sprayed silicone on a paper towel and wiped all the connecting parts of the table. This included the tubes and inside the mounts. After that I drove 8 miles and no rattles. The 27K sat for a month and them drove to the dealer, still no rattle.

My thought was in insulate the metal to metal contact with silicone. I would like to hear from other rver trying this method.

2015 Hurricane 27K
2013 Redhawk
1988 Pace Arrow
fivejackie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2015, 08:46 PM   #8

State: Florida
THOR #1249
Quote:
Originally Posted by neeliec View Post
May I ask what you did about the table leg bases that I assume stuck up out of the floor?
The bases that the legs fit into are just mostly flush flanged holes in the floor. I suppose there are plastic or chrome plugs that could be fitted in the holes. They are not a problem, but do need vacuuming out now and then.
Old 10-12-2015, 11:13 PM   #9

Model: Citation 24SR
State: New Mexico
THOR #2570
Has anyone found plugs for those holes? I travel with a dog and would like to keep his paws out of those. I don't use the provided pedestal table - too big for my needs, Plugging the holes would be perfect but I haven't found a good way to do that yet. I suppose I could cut up some Styrofoam...
Old 10-13-2015, 12:24 AM   #10

Model: Aria 3901
State: New Mexico
THOR #2538
like five stated, just Isolate the metal to metal contact. Wax paper, silicon spray or a light coating of grease will stop the rattle. Try something you have available to do the isolation. Just wipe the inside of the hole and outside of the pole.
Best of luck.

NMRVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015, 02:52 AM   #11

State: Nevada
THOR #970
I have black electric tape on the bottom of the support poles, a couple vertical pieces, was to keep them from coming off when I lifted the table. I don't have any noise so maybe the black tape buffers it..
Old 10-20-2015, 10:12 PM   #12

Model: Hurricane 27k
State: Quebec
THOR #2292
I tired the silicone spray and drove over 50km without any noise. Feel good