Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class A Motor Coach
Click Here to Login

Old 11-05-2018, 06:33 PM   #1

State: Arizona
THOR #8241
Directv

I recently moved houses and upgraded my home service to the new Directv Genie 2 with wireless tower. My old system just had HD boxes and regular Genie’s. For the past three years in my RV I have used an H24 Directv HD receiver on the same account with no problems. Now that I have switched to the Genie 2 Directv is saying that I cannot have an H24 box on my account because it creates a conflict. BS. They want me to create a second account for my RV. Anyone had a similar experience with Directv and what is the best way to deal with them?

Old 11-05-2018, 06:42 PM   #2

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Thor Tuscany 40DX
State: Colorado
THOR #5043
I too have used the Directv H24 in both my house and motorhome. Home is an old non SWM system and moho is SWM. I have to fool around with the setup a bit but managed to get it to work both places. I suggest you pack one of your H24 receivers out to the moho and see if it works? Hope you didn't have to send the old equipment back when you upgraded?
Old 11-05-2018, 07:29 PM   #3

State: Arizona
THOR #8241
I actually bought the H24 myself for the MH. I am irritated because the H24 worked for 24 hours after I first turned it on after the home system switch. Then all of a sudden it did not work anymore.
Old 11-12-2018, 05:12 PM   #4

Model: Maybe an Outlaw GP
State: Arkansas
THOR #8339
DISH is only $7 a month

I called DISH today and once you get your equipment for the RV it is $7 a month with an existing home account. It is also cancellable anytime so when you are storing or not using the RV you can turn it off.

Hope this helps.
Old 11-13-2018, 10:07 AM   #5

Model: Outlaw 29H
State: Tennessee
THOR #9030
I have the genie 2 in my house and a h24 in my motorhome with Directv and did not have any problems adding the h24 to my existing account only $7 a month for the extra receiver. I would call directv again see if you get a different answer to adding the rv receiver. I have found that I get different answers from directv depending on who I talk with. I have had this setup for several years now with no problems so it can be done.
Old 11-13-2018, 03:19 PM   #6

Model: Freedom Elite24FE
State: Texas
THOR #12434
We’ve used Directv for many years. I always have to argue with their customer service when we start traveling. They always want to send a retarded tech out to work on my system. Usually get my mobile setup to work, it gets frustrating dealing with non English speaking customer service
Old 11-26-2018, 08:15 PM   #7

State: Missouri
THOR #6903
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilsjon View Post
I recently moved houses and upgraded my home service to the new Directv Genie 2 with wireless tower. My old system just had HD boxes and regular Genie’s. For the past three years in my RV I have used an H24 Directv HD receiver on the same account with no problems. Now that I have switched to the Genie 2 Directv is saying that I cannot have an H24 box on my account because it creates a conflict. BS. They want me to create a second account for my RV. Anyone had a similar experience with Directv and what is the best way to deal with them?
From my hour long discussion with Direct you won't get locals with out setting up a second account

I have the extra plan which allows 4 receivers but only local Channels on the home location

I get all the other Channels in the MH and Lake House

No issues at all otherwise