Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class A Motor Coach
Click Here to Login

Old 10-11-2017, 09:22 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Arizona
THOR #6739
Left Driver Fan - Right Pax Fan inop

2008 Mandalay Coach Presidio 400 39G - I'm a 3rd owner of the coach and can't figure out how to get the fans above the windshield to operate. Condition: Fan's are pointing a 45 degree angle towards the inside of the window.
There are two rocker switchers on the left driver control panel labeled "Driver Fan" and "Passenger fan". When I select either/and or both fans to on, nothing happens.
Do I need to reach up to the individual fan, and face it in the direction of my face (to maximize my individual cooling) and then turn on the switch or what?

Any input would be greatly appreciated

Old 10-12-2017, 11:06 AM   #2
gmc

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 32A
State: Florida
THOR #2829
Those fans are primarily to assist the defroster... It's a large windshield to keep clear without them when needed. Certainly can be used to cool driver/passenger, but when you find you need them on the windshield, it might not be the most convenient time to stand up and turn them...

Power typically requires ignition on... There may be a switch at base of the fan as well (if there is just leave that one on for future) then should work from dash mounted switches.

If not, time to check fuses, and see if you have 12v to the switches and then to the fans.... Unlikely both fans would be bad, but anything is possible.

On my 'project list' - I want to be able to easily use these when parked for additional interior air circulation.... Without key in ignition. Thinking to add a coach power source via diode (the type used in toad wiring kits) to allow it to draw off coach batteries when parked. Could just change to an "always on" chassis supply, but risks running down chassis battery when boondocking which is when I would be most likely to use them.
2014 Hurricane 32A
2000 Infinity (previous)
gmc is offline   Reply With Quote