Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class A Motor Coach
Click Here to Login

Old 12-11-2018, 10:38 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Ontario
THOR #13962
Electrical panel location?

Hi I am new here, I have a 2004 four winds 28a, I am looking for the breaker or fuse panel, also my front clearance lights do not work

Old 12-12-2018, 04:33 AM   #2

Model: 2013 ACE 30.1
State: Alberta
THOR #2631
Welcome to the forum. I think you will generally find that the older the coach the harder it may be to get someone who is familiar with its specific details. Even owners of new coaches seem to receive generic owners manuals that only provide general coach information. Detailed chassis schematics are almost nil unless you go to a Ford support web site and pay for a short term access. Occasionally there will be someone who has the specifics you need and you lose nothing by asking for assistance. The other good thing is that coaches of successive years can be very similar in many respects so you may find what you need by searching similar coaches that are a few years newer than yours.

I am not familiar with your coach specifics, but typically many of the key AC breakers and DC converter fuses share a panel located at the foot of the bed or in the vicinity. If not there you will have to look for it.....unless someone can respond specifically for your coach.

Regarding your lighting issue you say only the front clearance lights don’t work.......so light switch in park position turns on all rear running lights, but nothing up front (markers nor upper coach lamps light)? I would expect the +12VDC from the light switch in park position would likely feed both front and rear ccts off one fuse, so possibly a bad wiring connector in the dash or perhaps a bad common ground connection for the front lamps. You could try to use a multimeter and see if you are getting +12VDC at one or more of the problem front lamps with switch in park position......if +12VDC is there, then you can start looking for a bad common ground wire or connection as a start.
Old 12-12-2018, 12:39 PM   #3

Model: Freedom Elite24FE
State: Texas
THOR #12434
Look under the refrigerator
Old 12-12-2018, 01:19 PM   #4
Site Team

Model: ACE 27.1
State: Florida
THOR #7035
Look down and find this:
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 03:13 AM   #5

THOR #13962
Arrow

Thanks, I'm surprised I can't find it, on our 1993 Tioga it was in clear view in the end of one of the dinette benches
Old 12-13-2018, 03:16 AM   #6

THOR #13962
For the lights since it is only the upper front lights I suspect wiring, but who knows where they run the wires
Old 12-14-2018, 12:20 AM   #7

THOR #13962
I found the panel, under the bed, we just bought this RV and have not used it yet.Thanks for the replies, now I just need to fix the lights.