Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class A Motor Coach
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-23-2019, 06:41 PM   #41
I Think We're Lost!

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
Try contacting a Dealer that is closer to you...
These are all warranty issues.

Bob Denman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2019, 11:13 AM   #42

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 25.2
State: Colorado
THOR #15515
We have a 2016 Axis. We have put almost 10,000 miles in 6 weeks on the road and the only issues we have had other than dealing with rattles is the bath fan, the dash fan and a loose drawer latch. We feel very fortunate. We did buy it used with 10,000 miles on it so maybe some issues had already been dealt with. We have done some upgrades such as a Bigfoot Leveling System and a second A/C. We came from a 5th wheel which was a different story, nothing but issues, what a POS that thing was. We realize that we are driving a house down the road, and a very poorly built house at that, so we expect to deal with some issues from time to time. Anyway for now we love our Axis.
Old 10-24-2019, 11:27 AM   #43

State: Indiana
THOR #16883
Looks like not much has changed in regards to quality issues.

Had a Coachmen before. On the first drive of the dealership lot, clicking noise when accelerating/decelerating.

Took of several trims, in the passenger area we found a pair of pliers, a screwdriver and lots of trims pieces.

We found lots of trim pieces all over the motorhome, when they built it, they never cleaned it our properly before putting everything back together.

You can get lucky (and I hope you do), but this does not help the ones who have to deal with issues. (If) you spend your hard earned money on a newer unit, you want something reliable.

I used to deliver trucks and motorhomes up to about 10 years ago, lots of them did not even make it out of the lot because of issues. Then adding the breakdowns, oh my, I do not miss this job too much.
Old 11-05-2019, 01:01 AM   #44

State: Florida
THOR #13661
You have lots of reading to do....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spinner View Post
I'm so happy you were happy with your axis. We purchased one but can't take it home yet.
Found too many things wrong on walk through.
I get discouraged reading about all the issues with them. Our previous rv was an Itasca Spirit and had no issues the 5 years we owned it. We want the axis because of the view!
I stopped posting about many of my repairs. Would have been a book.
Old 11-26-2019, 01:42 AM   #45

State: California
THOR #14070
Quote:
Originally Posted by seaspys02 View Post
2019 Thor Hurricane, my grey tank always reads 38% black tank 68% they are bone dry, is there anything that can be done to correct this?

My tanks do the same thing. I have the thing that goes down into the toilet and sprays sideways. I keep it as SPOTLESS as possible. I always dump right away. I always flush and clean it. Still, the gray and black sensors read it being ⅓ or ⅔ full all the time. The only time they are right is when they are FULL.
Old 11-26-2019, 01:44 AM   #46

THOR #14070
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
Try contacting a Dealer that is closer to you...

These are all warranty issues.
Dealers always ask, “Did you buy it from us? No? Oh well we can’t service you then. We are completely booked solid with our own customers.”
Old 11-26-2019, 01:56 AM   #47

Model: 2018 24.1 AXISSIXxSIX
State: Arizona
THOR #13932
Quote:
Originally Posted by motofabio View Post
Dealers always ask, “Did you buy it from us? No? Oh well we can’t service you then. We are completely booked solid with our own customers.”
I bought mine used 2100 miles away and was treated great at the local cw.
Handshakes smiles, discounts upgrades. They never asked where I bought it. I'm sure it's there on the Thor original paperwork. No one asked nor said a thing about it.

They gave me the appointment date I wanted, called a day early to confirm, Warranted my used, bought from a private party Thor, using the 12month Thor warranty. Parts were shipped fast, installed fast. I mean less than a week shipping time and same day install.
And others say Thor won't warrant used Thor and parts delivery is a nightmare.
Some said it about the cw we went to.

If I worked that crappy mediocre paying job at cw I'd probably throw half of you out also.

My attitude is always:
There but for grace go I.

I'm sure I'll run into a place sooner or later where my Thor itself will generate an immediate attitude based on a service guys past Thor customers discontent. I'll probably overcome them.

Did you know, per the west coast Thor rep, there are independant shops who are authorized to do Thor warranty stuff?
Old 11-26-2019, 02:31 AM   #48

Model: Gemini 24TX (Formerly)
THOR #5821
QA is a real problem with all RV manufactures. Just log onto their sites, and its pretty clear they are all having issues. My former RV was a Tiffin, and though numerically the number of problems was relatively low, those that I did have were major in nature. The Thor has certainly not been trouble free, but the things that were problematic were more annoyances and minor in nature. Dealer was able to deal with virtually all of them during that first year. Unfortunately the RV industry is largely unregulated, so that bottom line reigns supreme, and one big cost cutter is using low skill, and low pay, assembly workers. They watch costs closely,and its better for the bottom line, to let the dealers fix the assembly shortcomings, which as we all know is at best an imperfect process.
Old 11-26-2019, 05:01 AM   #49

Model: SOB
State: South Dakota
THOR #3916
Quote:
Originally Posted by seaspys02 View Post
2019 Thor Hurricane, my grey tank always reads 38% black tank 68% they are bone dry, is there anything that can be done to correct this?
Look into installing exterior mounted SeeLevel senders You utilize the existing wiring and digital gauges are in the kit.. (they read out in % of tank)
Thor Infinity
saddlesore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2019, 11:58 AM   #50

Model: 3719 Newmar
State: Arkansas
THOR #14120
Quote:
Originally Posted by saddlesore View Post
Look into installing exterior mounted SeeLevel senders You utilize the existing wiring and digital gauges are in the kit.. (they read out in % of tank)

I’ve heard about SeeLevel. Sounds like a great mod. How hard is it to install? The senders sound easy. How about the gauges? Thanks
Old 11-27-2019, 04:03 AM   #51

Model: Renegade Valencia 38RB
THOR #3156
Quote:
Originally Posted by jannnda View Post
I’ve heard about SeeLevel. Sounds like a great mod. How hard is it to install? The senders sound easy. How about the gauges? Thanks
Jeff,
It's a pretty simple install but getting to some of the wires is a pain. The gauge is a simple hook up also

Jerry
2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
FMCA # F464385
halfprice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2019, 04:23 PM   #52

Model: 3719 Newmar
State: Arkansas
THOR #14120
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfprice View Post
Jeff,
It's a pretty simple install but getting to some of the wires is a pain. The gauge is a simple hook up also

Jerry

Thanks Jerry, what model (part number) did you get. And what sensors did you buy? I looked and there were a ton of choices.
Old 11-27-2019, 04:40 PM   #53

THOR #13661
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtyphoid View Post
Your last sentence is sad but so true. Unfortunately, I don't see the situation changing unless demand slacks off significantly or an offshore competitor makes a big push to enter the US market (like the Japanese did with automobiles).
If more people like me wrote to their local congress, Governor (for me it was Desantis), NTSB and President Trump! I've worked with Rep. Cord Byrd (a VERY cool guy) and hope that things change.

I've documented EVERYTHING from sale to delivery through the warranty year. I'm going to sue THOR (knowingly overloading and selling unsafe vehicles) and General RV for refusing to replace faulty decals, which they documented during the PDI and was supposed to fix. The General Sales Manager was a total d-bag, who says to me (when I pointed out numerous issues during the PDI), "I probably found more things wrong than you did", yet did not mention what they were, or that he'd fix them. Needless to say, it has sat covered with 1450 miles on it so they can't claim I caused the issues.

Then, you have the Finance Manager trying NOT to give us the listed 4.9% rate listed on the RV at the show. He says, "4.9% isn't available". So, I call his BS and ask WHY is it listed on the RV, and I'm calling it false advertising??? Wife and I have 800+ scores and Im getting angry... All of a sudden, 4.9% suddenly becomes available! THEN, he tried to sell us the TYRON system that was already installed from the factory. It was a $hitshow from the beginning to end.
Old 11-27-2019, 05:01 PM   #54

Model: 2018 24.1 AXISSIXxSIX
State: Arizona
THOR #13932
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewAxisOwner View Post
If more people like me wrote to their local congress, Governor (for me it was Desantis), NTSB and President Trump! I've worked with Rep. Cord Byrd (a VERY cool guy) and hope that things change.

I've documented EVERYTHING from sale to delivery through the warranty year. I'm going to sue THOR (knowingly overloading and selling unsafe vehicles) and General RV for refusing to replace faulty decals, which they documented during the PDI and was supposed to fix. The General Sales Manager was a total d-bag, who says to me (when I pointed out numerous issues during the PDI), "I probably found more things wrong than you did", yet did not mention what they were, or that he'd fix them. Needless to say, it has sat covered with 1450 miles on it so they can't claim I caused the issues.

Then, you have the Finance Manager trying NOT to give us the listed 4.9% rate listed on the RV at the show. He says, "4.9% isn't available". So, I call his BS and ask WHY is it listed on the RV, and I'm calling it false advertising??? Wife and I have 800+ scores and Im getting angry... All of a sudden, 4.9% suddenly becomes available! THEN, he tried to sell us the TYRON system that was already installed from the factory. It was a $hitshow from the beginning to end.

As I said earlier.
The op and I are the winners here.
He dumped his, I make mine, mine.

Sell it and get happy. It's that easy.

I believe some people aren't happy, unless they aren't happy.
Old 11-27-2019, 05:04 PM   #55

THOR #12468
Enough

Sounds like you bought your lemon from camping world in Dover Florida also. Remember Marcus Lemonus “ your problem is my problem “ bull s he doesn’t care after they get your money. Never again
Old 11-27-2019, 07:23 PM   #56

State: Texas
THOR #2121
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete'sMH View Post
My Winnebago 29 VE was a 2017 so maybe the newer ones are different but mine didn’t have an automatic transfer switch on the shore/generator power. Personally I thought that was a plus but many folks wouldn’t. ......cut.....

I see it as more of a plus than minus also. And it’s a great example of how motorhomes can be made simpler for the millions of people who don’t know how to, or want to, fix things themselves. Not everyone is a natural-born handyman, yet may enjoy camping as much as the technical minded.

I completely understand that some buyers need or prefer a higher level of automation, but believe that the industry should offer simpler product “OPTIONS” for those who can’t fix anything themselves for whatever reason.

At one time there was a lot of difference between what we needed and what we wanted (for camping or most things), but thanks to marketing, we now think we need much more than we actually do.