Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class A Motor Coach
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-31-2014, 04:49 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Outlaw 29h
State: Missouri
THOR #980
Entertainment Systems - Thor Outlaw 29H

Just picked up a new 2015 Thor Outlaw 29H. I have the motorhome in my driveway at the moment so I can go through all the systems. As with any new vehicle, I like to go through everything as much as possible before heading out on a trip. I've lately been working on setting up the 3 entertainment systems to meet my needs and expectations. My first purchase was the satellite receivers from Dish along with the remote sattelite. With this system I can bring in two satellite feeds, so one channel can be on one unit and another on the other one. There is no central control box so I'm going direct with my HDMI cable from the receiver to the TV. I set up two COAX connectors for the satellite box by routing the COAX through one of the storage pods. I have two flat connectors that come out of the storage (so the door can be closed) I also hooked up my blue ray players both front and rear by taking the HDMI direct from the blue ray to the TV. One cool thing with the 29H is there is a sound system for the front living area and a separate sound system for the rear garage and outside speakers. I was able to run RCA cables from the TV to the Aux in on the pioneer radio (which powers up the sound system for the main couch) and did the same for the rear by running RCA cables from the blue ray to the Jensen radio (which powers up the sound system in the garage and outside) In order to enjoy either satellite or blue ray on the outside unit I attached a 15 ft. HDMI cable to the outside TV and ran it through the rear window to my receiver box. Right now I have to swap cables but I'll investigate to see if theres a switch box I can get so I don't have to do that. All 3 TV's get pretty fair reception off the tilt up antenna, but I plan to get a better high def for even better reception. Basically I'm pretty pleased with the intergration thus far. I want to be able to watch what I want where I want.

Old 12-14-2017, 05:44 PM   #2

Model: 29H
State: Kentucky
THOR #10234
Hi Bill

I am very new to the RV travel world and just purchased my 2014 29H. I think I am like you when it comes to the entertainment package. On those rainy days or when it's time for a time out, I want the comforts of home when traveling. It seems like you have some miles under your belt and really have a handle on your system. I'm not familiar with an RV satellite system. Is it difficult to align your dish when setting up? How long does it take to get your system up and running? I particularly like your pointer on running the tv to the stereo as it seems the tv volume is not loud enough when running the AC. I currently run a Roku with direct TV over cellular service and it's been pretty reliable so far. I haven't been out enough to know if it will continue to work well. You've given me some great ideas if it doesn't. Thx!!
Dlang25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 06:55 PM   #3
I Think We're Lost!

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
Those of us with the "Little Outlaws" need to stick together!
The Missus and I haven't given much thought to satellite systems yet... but I AM curious!
Bob Denman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 08:00 PM   #4

THOR #10234
Hi Bob

Didn't I read that you carry a Polaris Spider in the back of yours? If so how do you like it? The person I bough my RV from had that set up and he loved it. I'm thinking that I'm going to give the spider a shot as well. Anything I should consider before taking the plunge and buying one?
Old 12-14-2017, 08:25 PM   #5
I Think We're Lost!

THOR #8860
They're a little bit more fun, than picking on your kid brother when nobody is looking!
I've got my third one on order: it should be here next Month...
They actually ride and handle nothing at all like a motorcycle does. They feel much more like a quad or a snowmobile,
Old 12-14-2017, 08:42 PM   #6

THOR #10234
Thx Bob! I'm looking at the touring model. Looks like only about 6 inches to spare lengthwise. Pretty cool!
Old 12-14-2017, 10:59 PM   #7
I Think We're Lost!

THOR #8860
Actually: it's less than three inches...

And the 29H will need some help in the rear suspension Department also...
The 1200 pound bike will bring you up to just about your GVW limit of 14,500 pounds!
I'm looking at Sumo Springs, 17.5" tires and wheels, and an axle truss...
Old 12-16-2017, 10:55 AM   #8

Model: Outlaw 29H
State: Tennessee
THOR #9030
Mr. Zip, I have a 2017 outlaw 29H and have updated my entertainment system as well. I ran HDMI cables from the front cabinet to both the outside and garage tvs. I was able to use the refrigerator bay to fish the cables into the space below the refrigerator where the fresh water tank is located and use the existing pipe and electrical chase to run the cables back to the outside and garage tvs. I installed a Directv HD automatic dish on the roof and ran the cables to the front cabinet. I purchased an HDMI matrix switcher that allows me to send either satellite or bluray output to any or all of the 3 tvs. All tvs still have the cable and over the air signals installed by Thor. I added the swivel seat base for my passenger seat which helps with seating capacity in the front. I also changed out the front tv mount to a fully articulating mount that provides a better viewing position. I have a Goldwing trike that I haul in my garage space. It is 10 feet long and requires me to extend the front tire about a foot into the living space. I made a small ramp that allows my front tire to extend through the door way. I also made ramps that raise my rear ramp about 8 inches to prevent the Goldwing from dragging at the top during loading and unloading. I have had a few minor issues so far with my 29H and have chosen to fix them myself without going back to the dealer. Thor had been very responsive in sending me parts under warranty when I have requested them