Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class A Motor Coach
Click Here to Login

Old 04-14-2016, 08:01 PM   #1
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Satellite mounting on Challenger

I can't remember who asked but someone inquired about mounting a satellite on the roof of a Challenger. Today I received via email the roof structural diagrams for my Challenger 37ND. The 37ND has a piece an EGS (electro-galvanized steel) plate midway between the living area vent and the antenna which is identified as the Satellite mounting area.

The diagrams are marked proprietary and confidential and I do not have express written permission for further distribution so I will not post them on the forum.

Again, and I could be dreaming, I recall someone asking in the past couple of weeks.

2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2016, 11:33 PM   #2

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 35C
THOR #3761
I just recently asked for roof diagrams and also cabling diagrams for the video and audio systems so I can add satellite to our new Hurricane. I have already received a number of diagrams from Thor and am quite pleased with the response time from their customer service department.
FMCA - F457085
Blog - https://traversity.us
jpmihalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 12:15 PM   #3

State: Texas
THOR #4934
How are you contacting them for the diagrams. I want to install a Wineguard traveler on the roof of my 37KT. I've sent several emails to their website over weeks and have not had a response.
Old 07-27-2016, 12:24 PM   #4
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by Logalinipoo View Post
How are you contacting them for the diagrams. I want to install a Wineguard traveler on the roof of my 37KT. I've sent several emails to their website over weeks and have not had a response.
I use the customer contact section of the website. There have been, I believe, two times where I did not receive a response within a couple of days so I would then submit another request and add in the dialog and subject line that this is a second request for the same info. Normally that results in a response from Thor by the end of that day.
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 02:43 PM   #5

State: Georgia
THOR #4735
Arrow

I mounted our King Tailgater2 mobile satellite dish unit on the rear of the roof, right behind our 2nd a/c unit, and near the ladder so that it's easy to reach if I need to turn it or bring it down for reception. I also ran my dedicated coax cables up the rear of the coach ladder, with probably 100' of extra cable wrapped around my a/c unit so that I have plenty of options.
Most of the time I never have to touch the satellite dish, but sometimes if parked near a tree I can move it somewhere else on the roof, or if in a campground I can also bring it down and move it on the ground to an area that can get all three satellites...

I used only two small threaded 'standoffs', which have mounted holes for small screws, as the mounts. These are located below two of the existing holes already in the King Tailgater2 base. These small screws only go so far into the roof as through the TPO and through the roof wood base, but no far enough to protrude into the roof interior. I also caulked these well. I then installed two threaded 'studs' to provide a place for the Tailgater base to slide down on.

You can then simply place the satellite dish unit down onto the two studs, and add two nuts, if you wish, though the unit is probably not going anywhere without them.

Makes for an easy and accessible satellite roof mount, and provides an out-of-the-way place to store your dish.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	7820354-11.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	41.0 KB
ID:	2583  
Attached Images

TurnerFam is offline   Reply With Quote