Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class A Motor Coach
Click Here to Login

Old 10-18-2014, 04:45 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Texas
THOR #1214
Exclamation Figured out what ACE stands for

A$$ Clenching Experience. I bought a 27.1 on Monday and drove home from San Antonio to Houston and nearly got blown off the road 4-5 times. I seriously did not feel safe driving the thing and there is no way in hell my wife would be able to drive it. I don't know what to do now. My salesman won't call me back regarding a missing bunk ladder and today the bedroom doors ripped off. Ugh. My first motor home

Old 10-18-2014, 03:47 PM   #2

Model: Miramar 33.5
State: Washington
THOR #578
Hi Ashburner,

Welcome to the world of Thor!! Sorry to hear about your issues, unfortunately your woes sound all to familiar! Not sure about Texas, but Washington has a 72 hour return law! If you can return it, I would!! I would run that thing back to them so fast, and demand a refund!

I'm sure you've seen the other posts on this forum about Thor's problems. It seems this lack of pride in their work just started within the last year and half to two years! My first Thor was a 2012 ACE 29.2. We loved that little rig, it was built soundly, it did have that sway issue, but I was aware of it and drove accordingly.

In fact, we liked it so much, as we kinda out grew it, we naturally gravitated to Thor for a little bigger unit. Well, something changed in that year and a half, things went to he!! in a hand-basket there in Elkhart, IN.

I encourage you to look at the other posts here on this forum, this is an excellent venue for folks like us to exchange information and ideas.

We all have spent a lot of money for these RV's, and we should not have to put up with this poor quality and lack of workmanship in these units. I wish I would have found this forum while I was considering purchasing my Miramar. With what I've learned here and my personal experience, I would never buy another Thor product again!! There are lot's of other manufacturers out there that will stand behind their products and their workmanship!

Heck I was at a show last weekend and was looking at a Tiffen product. I was shocked and surprised to see the owners of Tiffen had signed a cabinet door in the kitchen! The dealer told me the owner Bob Tiffen and his wife sign every unit that leaves their facility!

I'm doing my research on Tiffen products now!!!

Good luck!!
Old 10-18-2014, 04:36 PM   #3

State: Texas
THOR #1214
Thanks for the response. I don't think there is any way they would take it back. They should since I haven't really used the product yet. I'm not willing to drive 3+ hours to find out. I'm going to call Thor on Monday.