Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class A Motor Coach
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-18-2020, 12:41 AM   #21

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Chateau 31L
State: Florida
THOR #12189
Quote:
Originally Posted by oleflier View Post
Check the plumbing connection for your shower head. If it can leak there, it will cause water anywhere and some rot if left alone. I don't know if you can look at faucet connections. I can in my Axis with a mirror and under pressure it doesn't leak. Were you on (city) water ? If so you need a pressure regulator.
How bad is it? Mine was from the handle wall mount. Yours could be a little worse than mine.. A quick bead across the top and down the sides fixed it. I found it by accident trying to sure up the floor pan, which is not a bad idea if you have to go under there. Judge had a nice write up with pics somewhere and I followed it. No more problems.

Old 10-18-2020, 02:43 AM   #22

Model: Hurricane 34R
State: Indiana
THOR #19887
Quote:
Originally Posted by beacoal View Post
My motor home had the same kind of shower leak, mine has the 3 glass sliding doors, so i lifted the top rail with the doors intact and then removed the bottom rail, cleaned it and ran a thick bead of silicone on the shower pan were the rail sits, make sure to do both corners good and your problem will be cured Good Luck Al
Thank you ....
I thought about that too... we do have the three glass door... but I sealed all around it instead of lifting the rail...
May be the next step....
RACarvalho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2020, 02:45 AM   #23

THOR #19887
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Breeze View Post
How bad is it? Mine was from the handle wall mount. Yours could be a little worse than mine.. A quick bead across the top and down the sides fixed it. I found it by accident trying to sure up the floor pan, which is not a bad idea if you have to go under there. Judge had a nice write up with pics somewhere and I followed it. No more problems.
I did a test opening the faucets and running water (a lot) only on the pan and not on the walls and didn't get water on the floor so I discarted leaking at the faucet/plumbing...
Old 10-18-2020, 03:55 AM   #24

Model: Chateau 31L
State: Florida
THOR #12189
Quote:
Originally Posted by RACarvalho View Post
I did a test opening the faucets and running water (a lot) only on the pan and not on the walls and didn't get water on the floor so I discarted leaking at the faucet/plumbing...
Did you let the water run over the mount that sticks out from the wall? That's where mine was. Had access to underneath to sure up the floor pan. You make have to break open the access panel and look at the drain pipe. Just a thought. Paper towels work well for that test if it's not blatant.
Old 11-16-2020, 02:27 AM   #25

Model: Windsport 34P
State: Alaska
THOR #20432
I had the same issues with a 3 door shower in my windsport. Sealed everything you mentioned and still leaked. Then I discovered 3 screws in the bottom that hold the wheel track and such. Took those out, applied some clear proflex to the threads, reinstalled, and caulked the heads for added measure. No more leak. It's amazing how much water flows behind screws.
Old 11-16-2020, 12:33 PM   #26

Model: vegas 24.1
State: Nevada
THOR #17346
hi, welcome,
as it is new, why not take it to the dealer and let them address the wet ?

happy trails
Old 11-16-2020, 02:21 PM   #27

Model: challenger 37FH
State: Delaware
THOR #13399
I also have 3 door shower came with leak tried sealing,nope,finally took frame apart cleaned everything resealed,leak gone 2yrs still no leak. Good luck.
Old 11-16-2020, 07:50 PM   #28

THOR #19887
Quote:
Originally Posted by andytis View Post
I had the same issues with a 3 door shower in my windsport. Sealed everything you mentioned and still leaked. Then I discovered 3 screws in the bottom that hold the wheel track and such. Took those out, applied some clear proflex to the threads, reinstalled, and caulked the heads for added measure. No more leak. It's amazing how much water flows behind screws.
Thank you, I'll try that.
Old 11-16-2020, 07:51 PM   #29

THOR #19887
Quote:
Originally Posted by galOnTheGo View Post
hi, welcome,
as it is new, why not take it to the dealer and let them address the wet ?

happy trails
I will do if I can't fix it.
Old 11-21-2020, 01:00 PM   #30

Model: vegas 24.1
State: Nevada
THOR #17346
let us know what you find, what the fix is.
Old 12-03-2020, 12:45 AM   #31

Brand: Still Looking
State: Colorado
THOR #21400
Quote:
Originally Posted by RACarvalho View Post
We just returned from our first long trip with the new MH and below is a quick report.
Please have in mind that our previous rig was a 2018 F150 towing a 9000lbs camper...

Towing:

We didn't tow but rented instead for the F53 chassis manual says to not tow anything before 1000 miles...

Route:

The trip was from central Indiana to Destin, FL and back which is basically I65 north/south and just above 1400 miles round trip.

MH:

Its a 2021 Hurricane 34R with the new Ford 7.3L V8 engine.

Apart from Safe-T-Plus installed, the MH is all std.

The coach performed very well under wind and rain, no problems to keep it in its lane and little movement side to side.

I believe the new/improved stab. bars Ford is using really improved the handling.

Fuel consumption and engine performance:

We did 8.5mpg as average which I believe may improve once the engine breaks in.
We are impressed with how quiet this engine is and the torque...
At 65mph it is in 6th gear at 2600rpm and in this route it basically stays is 6th gear all the time for it can keep speed easily on mild inclines... Torque is just fantastic....

Problems:

The only problem we found during the trip was a leak in the shower. I sealed the wall/shower base joint, the shower door rails and the drain and that reduced the leak in 90% ....

If anyone has a clue from where else the water may be leaking please comment... Otherwise I'll take it to the dealer for that.

This is our first MH and we all agreed that the MH beats the Truck/trailer on comfort level, easy to maneuver and refuel, easy/time to set up, less stressful driving and have the same fuel consumption that the truck had (MH not towing).

Overall very happy with the MH.
Great! You enjoy your new RV. Does your new RV have side camera? Does side camera has blind spot? What makes you decides on Thor vs Winnebago vs Jayco? Thanks,
Old 12-03-2020, 02:25 AM   #32

THOR #19887
To be honest, this is our first MH and all that I heard about Hurricanes where not good to say the least so besides the Thor dealer be located 15 min from my home, Hurricanes where not at the top of the list.
We wanted a small 29 ft MH and due to floor plan, we drove 50 min to a dealer that had Jaycos Alante.
I was interested in jayco because of the JayRide they advertise and this particular dealer had a brand new Alante 29ft of the floor plan we wanted in stock (V10 version).
I did a test drive on the Alante (1st time I drove a MH) including some highway miles and sway seemed ok (up to that point I was towing a 34ft long camper with a F150 so I know what sway is) but I thought the noise (road and internal ) where on the high side...
After that we spent 2 hours discussing price since we decided that we didn't want that specific unit (too many things falling apart) but the dealer wanted $40K more to order one....
So we told them that close to our home there was a brand new Hurricane 34R being sold for basically the same price as the Alante in their stock and they told us to go test drive it because they where sure we would be back... Well.... We went and I don't think they knew that Ford biffed up the sway bars in the 2021 chassis and this particular unit had only 226 miles (Thor assembly line is 220 miles from the dealer) so I test drove a brand spanking new MH with everything working, better handling, bigger, way less noise(the new V8), well set up, etc.... it was a no brainer decision.
So far we put 2000 miles on it and it has worked great (apart from the problems listed above, which are being fixed this week at the dealer.
If I learned anything about RVs it is that the dealer is sometimes more important than the model/brand you chose....

The reason I'll take donuts to them when I pick up the MH Friday...