Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class A Motor Coach
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-14-2021, 05:08 PM   #21

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Arizona
THOR #22044
the reset worked fine.....

Old 02-14-2021, 05:52 PM   #22

Model: Forest River Forester 235
State: Indiana
THOR #6826
Quote:
Originally Posted by inlyzbldcj View Post
THANK YOU IT WORKED BEAUTIFULLY...RESET IT COMPLETELY!!! But, when I turn it on now the right front leveler light it blinking. But the system says jacks up and ready so I will take it somewhere today and put the levelers down to see if that goes away. THANK YOU AGAIN!

Happy for you. It’s almost never as bad as it seems and there certainly is a learning curve to these things. I’d suggest that some nice warm day when you have time you learn and practice the manual slide retract procedure. I had a big slide fail to retract one day in a campground and spent about an hour wringing my hands. Then I got down to work and downloaded the procedure. It only took about 30 minutes for me to retract all by myself and I never again worried about a slide failure. One thing about practicing is you’ll be sure to bring the tools you need. A ladder, screwdriver and a slide lock (a section of 2x4) in my case. Another tip, especially with a used coach, is to inspect your roof and sidewalls for potential leaks so you can address issues before they become problems. I go over my roof on my hands and knees and all my sidewalls and seams from a ladder about 3 times a year. It’s somewhat unusual that I don’t find something g that needs to be addressed. Leaks are the ruin of many coaches and are not covered by service contracts. Just remember, it’s all for fun!
Old 02-14-2021, 05:56 PM   #23

THOR #6826
Quote:
Ducks....while they are in the UP position like they are now....it is common to be able to see them on the bottom of the coach...they are down about 6-8 inches....or should they be all the way up so you can't see them?

Depends on how they were set up at the factory. Mine are “down” about the same as yours when they are retracted. If your co tell panel says they’re up you should be good to go. I usually goat (get out and look) before I drive off.
Old 02-14-2021, 06:23 PM   #24

THOR #22044
Bob, another question please Sir...when sitting still no power to the coach how do you run the furnace to warm the coach? Does generator have to be on? or the propane? can you give me the steps 123 to turn it on please? Our guy that did our orientation was yawning half the time and did not cover many things.
Old 02-14-2021, 06:34 PM   #25
I Think We're Lost!

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
. Ummm... I'm in a Tiffin, so my experience with Thor products is old...
Make sure that your Use/Store switch is set to "Use".
The furnace should work as planned.
Old 02-14-2021, 06:35 PM   #26

THOR #22044
Yes, I do too Pete....thank you Sir! And can I ask you another question Pete? how does the furnace run on generator or propane? I tried to run it this morning as I was doing some things in the RV and it was 27 degrees outside so cold inside.....
Old 02-14-2021, 06:36 PM   #27

THOR #22044
Thank you Bob....
Old 02-14-2021, 06:38 PM   #28

Model: 2018 24.1 AXISSIXxSIX
THOR #13932
Furnace runs on propane but requires 12v for fan and ignition system.
12v will come directly from the batteries or from the converter.
Your rv knows how to switch and supply power depending on what it senses as a source.

Click on my pictures then click the pop-up for a full screen zoomable picture.
ducksface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2021, 06:44 PM   #29

THOR #22044
We live in Prescott, AZ and two weeks ago it snowed 14 inches the day after I picked up our coach from the dealer, the coach was covered in it.....but no leaks after the snow melted. However, we took our first trip yesterday just s short hiking trip, last night it snowed very little and I went out to the coach today and it was leaking like a sieve over the dashboard and the bed over the cabin was soaked as well....we put towels out and bowls to catch the water...of course no one is in on Sundays so I have to wait until tomorrow, hopefully they are open on presidents day to take it in and get the leak fixed....THEY BETTER FING COVER IT....I HAVE HAD IT LESS THAN A MONTH! Also , yes the reset worked but when I turn on the leveler system the front and right lights are blinking....I leveled it in our driveway after the reset and everything was fine but when I retracted the levelers the front and right light still stay on but the message on the screen says jacks retracted ready...wonder why that right light stays on?
Old 02-14-2021, 06:45 PM   #30

THOR #22044
Thanks Ducks....you guys are so helpful on here....I was telling my wife what a lucky find this site was as you have helped us with several issues already that if I took to back to the dealer would probably charged me a small fortune and lied to me about what was wrong with the levelers.
Old 02-14-2021, 06:50 PM   #31
I Think We're Lost!

THOR #8860
(Slight hijack for a moment)
Ducky,
Beth (BC1) is having trouble getting to a workable link for the tire pump you suggested.
Can you please try sending one to her via a PM?
Thanks!
Old 02-14-2021, 06:56 PM   #32

THOR #22044
so rv roofs are safe to get on top of? I mean I know there is a ladder but dont want to fall through
Old 02-14-2021, 07:00 PM   #33

THOR #13932
It's the ryobi 18v compressor I use as a pump.
It's the one which also fills blow-up dolls and then will flatten them like shelly duval.
I have others but that one is favorite.

The recent link in my thread is to emergency valve stems.
They install from the outside and do not require you even touch the tire itself.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	$_1 (1).jpeg
Views:	65
Size:	41.8 KB
ID:	28562  

Old 02-14-2021, 07:08 PM   #34

THOR #13932
Op,
I'm in Williams on the 64.
That's pretty close. We have something in common other than locale and rv, but we'll save that for the fireside.

You could have it a lot worse.
Our septic is full to the top, won't go down and we have 2 inches of snow covering 4 inches of mud.
It Sunday but that doesn't matter. An arrogance amongst pumpers had been discovered.

Have a I ever opined about how I believe many self-employed people aren't entrepreneurs, they're just unfit for employment by genuine companies who expect genuine results?

Four tries. Someone has responded. Will be here in three hours. A $600 pump or a $8,000 leach line. Oddly, I'm ok either way.

That rv isn't even beginning to jack with you in ways it can.
If you're up to it one day we'll seal the roof (after the dealer fixes it for you) and I'll show you how perma tape is better than caulk.
I am calm about all rv things. I pioneered, on this forum, the idea of how an rv is a kit and you have to make it yours, or settle for what some wonk installed while meeting a corporate budget threshold.
I know It's beautiful to you right now but you'll find It's a cardboard house in a constant 9.0 quake(but you'll love it anyway).

My trauma exposed to make you feel a bit better.

Old 02-14-2021, 07:09 PM   #35
I Think We're Lost!

THOR #8860
Quote:
so rv roofs are safe to get on top of? I mean I know there is a ladder but dont want to fall through
I treat RV roofs the same way I treat thin ice: on my hands and knees; spreading my weight out.
Old 02-14-2021, 07:09 PM   #36

THOR #6826
Quote:
Originally Posted by ducksface View Post
Furnace runs on propane but requires 12v for fan and ignition system.
12v will come directly from the batteries or from the converter.
Your rv knows how to switch and supply power depending on what it senses as a source.

So just make sure you have 12v turned on (do the interior lights work?) then turn the thermostat to heat and set the temp up. The furnace will start in 30 seconds or so. It will blow cold air for longer than you’d expect. You should be able to hear the actual burner light and then you’ll be cooking. Be aware that the furnace has a voracious appetite for propane and also if it hasn’t been run for a while it may be hard to light. If it fails to light run the stove for a few minutes (I know that sounds ridiculous but it helps to purge air from the gas line) then try again. It may take for or five tries.
Old 02-14-2021, 07:22 PM   #37

THOR #6826
Quote:
We live in Prescott, AZ and two weeks ago it snowed 14 inches the day after I picked up our coach from the dealer, the coach was covered in it.....but no leaks after the snow melted. However, we took our first trip yesterday just s short hiking trip, last night it snowed very little and I went out to the coach today and it was leaking like a sieve over the dashboard and the bed over the cabin was soaked as well....we put towels out and bowls to catch the water...of course no one is in on Sundays so I have to wait until tomorrow, hopefully they are open on presidents day to take it in and get the leak fixed....THEY BETTER FING COVER IT....I HAVE HAD IT LESS THAN A MONTH! Also , yes the reset worked but when I turn on the leveler system the front and right lights are blinking....I leveled it in our driveway after the reset and everything was fine but when I retracted the levelers the front and right light still stay on but the message on the screen says jacks retracted ready...wonder why that right light stays on?

Respectfully suggest you ask your dealer, nicely, to fix the leaks but they might not. Leaks are common and dealers don’t always do a great job on them. Even the manufactures won’t cover them beyond 3 or 6 months on a new unit. You might as well learn to find and fix them yourself because they can happen anew at any time. Be proactive. Typically dealers don’t tell you about it but it’ll be up to you to stay on top of them. Usually they are not too hard to find or fix. Check every seam, penetration, fixture and window closely, looking for a smooth unbroken bead of sealant. When you find a suspect area clean it well and reseal with self leveling Dicor roof sealant (on a horizontal surface) or polyurethane caulk on a vertical surface. Don’t use silicone. Do it soon. Water can cause structural damage or mold. Also, the actual leak may not be where you’d expect it to be. I learned all of this the hard way and it cost me a fortune. Don’t be me.
Old 02-14-2021, 07:34 PM   #38

THOR #6826
Quote:
Op,
I'm in Williams on the 64.
That's pretty close. We have something in common other than locale and rv, but we'll save that for the fireside.

You could have it a lot worse.
Our septic is full to the top, won't go down and we have 2 inches of snow covering 4 inches of mud.
It Sunday but that doesn't matter. An arrogance amongst pumpers had been discovered.

Have a I ever opined about how I believe many self-employed people aren't entrepreneurs, they're just unfit for employment by genuine companies who expect genuine results?

Four tries. Someone has responded. Will be here in three hours. A $600 pump or a $8,000 leach line. Oddly, I'm ok either way.

That rv isn't even beginning to jack with you in ways it can.
If you're up to it one day we'll seal the roof (after the dealer fixes it for you) and I'll show you how perma tape is better than caulk.
I am calm about all rv things. I pioneered, on this forum, the idea of how an rv is a kit and you have to make it yours, or settle for what some wonk installed while meeting a corporate budget threshold.
I know It's beautiful to you right now but you'll find It's a cardboard house in a constant 9.0 quake.

My trauma exposed to make you feel a bit better.

It’s always something isn’t it? My water heater seems to have developed a leak from the tank area out of sight. It’s rather a mess with water running down inside of the wall and dripping outside. It’ll freeze tonight and likely damage the exterior wall. Sigh!
Old 02-14-2021, 07:57 PM   #39

THOR #13932
Op,
Salesman switch is a real name for the coach disconnect switch.
Just like in your tv or laptop it might say
Display
Or
Sales
As one of the functions.

Maybe a bit 'Soda vs Pop' colloquial.

Old 02-14-2021, 09:12 PM   #40

Model: 2011 FW Hurricane 33T
State: England
THOR #16471
Quote:
It's the ryobi 18v compressor I use as a pump.
It's the one which also fills blow-up dolls and then will flatten them like shelly duval.
I have others but that one is favorite.
The Shelley one is your favorite?
So funny, I just read an article on her, interesting and odd at the same time. Enjoy!