Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class A Motor Coach
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-14-2021, 09:52 PM   #41

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Freedom Traveller A27
State: North Carolina
THOR #17765
Quote:
Originally Posted by inlyzbldcj View Post
We live in Prescott, AZ and two weeks ago it snowed 14 inches the day after I picked up our coach from the dealer, the coach was covered in it.....but no leaks after the snow melted. However, we took our first trip yesterday just s short hiking trip, last night it snowed very little and I went out to the coach today and it was leaking like a sieve over the dashboard and the bed over the cabin was soaked as well....we put towels out and bowls to catch the water...of course no one is in on Sundays so I have to wait until tomorrow, hopefully they are open on presidents day to take it in and get the leak fixed....THEY BETTER FING COVER IT....I HAVE HAD IT LESS THAN A MONTH! Also , yes the reset worked but when I turn on the leveler system the front and right lights are blinking....I leveled it in our driveway after the reset and everything was fine but when I retracted the levelers the front and right light still stay on but the message on the screen says jacks retracted ready...wonder why that right light stays on?
Those lights are telling you that the the right front is low. That’s how the system works each time you power it on. The lights determine what part of coach is not level. This way you can manually level it as well. When it=‘s level the LCI light comes on in the center. When the Jack’s are retracted, and the power to the system is on, the lights flash to tell you what is not level.

Old 02-14-2021, 09:56 PM   #42

Model: Freedom Traveller A27
THOR #17765
Quote:
Went on our first trip today just 68 miles away to do some hiking.....we purchased a 2017 thor hurricane with 17k miles on it....beautiful condition inside and out......we bought it at an RV show in scottsdale az, picked it up a week later while they cleaned it up and that was the first available date we could pick it up. Like I said took our first trip today and when we parked I went to use the auto levelers, started the engine, made sure emergency break was on...just like told in the orientation, where the levelers worked fine....BUT NOW, they would not even turn on. The message on the leveling system says "error return levelers for service" and "retracters timeout"....none of the buttons work on the leveler panel. This is our first RV and I am beginning to think I made a $100,000 mistake. I bought every extended warranty they offered me so I am hoping I am covered.....just cannot believe that the levelers did not work the first time we tried to use them. We had friends with us and I was very embarrassed that something I just spent this much money on did not work when I tried to use the levelers.
I’m glad you got it reset. LCI has an app you can download to your phone. Very helpful. I found out the hard way after sitting in the driveway freaking out when mine wouldn’t work. Had low batteries where it wasn’t plugged in for a week and forgot turn the store/use switch to store. You could also search this site and find the reset info. As well. I’m in the process of looking up that “manual slide retract” instruction.
Old 02-15-2021, 01:53 AM   #43

State: Arizona
THOR #22044
Thanks Pete! I bought a couple of those little plug in HANDY HEATERS....those things can really heat up a small room....we have one in my son's room and it does just fine....we plan on using those alot too if we are "plugged in".
Old 02-15-2021, 01:59 AM   #44

THOR #22044
Oh ok so it's not a big deal then? I am taking it in this week to get the leak checked out over the dash so that light is on my list as well.
Old 02-15-2021, 02:05 AM   #45

THOR #19102
Quote:
THANK YOU IT WORKED BEAUTIFULLY...RESET IT COMPLETELY!!! But, when I turn it on now the right front leveler light it blinking. But the system says jacks up and ready so I will take it somewhere today and put the levelers down to see if that goes away. THANK YOU AGAIN!
That blinking means that side is low and needs to be raised. Check out thors website. You should be able to register and download all of the manuals for your coach. Congrats and good luck.
Old 02-20-2021, 07:17 PM   #46

Model: Freedom Elite 28H
State: Georgia
THOR #14365
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete'sMH View Post
Well you need to take a deep breath and relax...
I’m on a month long snowbird trip (in an ice storm in South Texas!) ...
Good luck and be sure to “circle back” ...
Old 02-20-2021, 07:25 PM   #47

Brand: Still Looking
State: Michigan
THOR #12633
Just showing right front is lower than left. Not the jack the coach.
Old 02-20-2021, 07:29 PM   #48

Model: Hurricane 32N
State: California
THOR #15907
Reset lever

There is a two button reset sequence, I don’t remember right off. It is in the manual. I Get that same error once in awhile. Another thing I found out but haven’t seen it mentioned lately is if you go to the Thor website and enter your vehicle ID you can download all the manuals for your particular coach.
Old 02-20-2021, 07:34 PM   #49

Model: Windsport 35M
State: Michigan
THOR #7496
2017 windsport here.

The error message seems to be a pretty common problem, I have to reset mine probably 2 or 3 times a month, depending on how often we move.
Got tired of googling how to reset it, so made a label to remind me. So far, has worked every time.
Hold retract and enter down at the same time.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20210220_142756.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	91.9 KB
ID:	28653  
Old 02-20-2021, 08:05 PM   #50

Model: Thor Ace 33.1
State: Illinois
THOR #20274
Quote:
Went on our first trip today just 68 miles away to do some hiking.....we purchased a 2017 thor hurricane with 17k miles on it....beautiful condition inside and out......we bought it at an RV show in scottsdale az, picked it up a week later while they cleaned it up and that was the first available date we could pick it up. Like I said took our first trip today and when we parked I went to use the auto levelers, started the engine, made sure emergency break was on...just like told in the orientation, where the levelers worked fine....BUT NOW, they would not even turn on. The message on the leveling system says "error return levelers for service" and "retracters timeout"....none of the buttons work on the leveler panel. This is our first RV and I am beginning to think I made a $100,000 mistake. I bought every extended warranty they offered me so I am hoping I am covered.....just cannot believe that the levelers did not work the first time we tried to use them. We had friends with us and I was very embarrassed that something I just spent this much money on did not work when I tried to use the levelers.
I found this

If the touch pad is showing "Retract Time out Return Levelers for service" all you need to do is hit, enter and retract at the same time. That will clear that code. I confirmed this with our contacts at Lippert. ETrailer
Old 02-20-2021, 08:08 PM   #51

Model: Thor Ace 33.1
State: Illinois
THOR #20274
https://lci-support-doc.s3.amazonaws...cd_0001751.pdf
This shows how to check the system if this is the brand you have
Old 02-20-2021, 08:49 PM   #52

Model: Daybreak
State: New York
THOR #377
Levelers won’t go down.

When we bought our Thor and were going through the usual tweaks and fix its to get it right we found that Thor’s technicians were very helpful over the phone. If you call just be sure to have your VIN number handy as they need that to ID your rig.
Old 02-20-2021, 09:19 PM   #53

Model: Hurricane 27K
State: Nevada
THOR #970
Jacks should always be fully up, they are hydraulic up and down. I had this problem, 4 new jacks about $3500 later fixed it. Don't get talked into the solenoid and valve replacement, will not fix it. I wasted $500 on that one..

The control panel was beeping because of this. It can be reset as told, hold the bottom 2 left buttons down, maybe have to press the top right one also. If the unit goes without any power it will do the same thing, I have total disconnect on battery so when I start up I always have to reset..

good luck.

Quote:
Ducks....while they are in the UP position like they are now....it is common to be able to see them on the bottom of the coach...they are down about 6-8 inches....or should they be all the way up so you can't see them?
Old 02-20-2021, 09:27 PM   #54

THOR #22044
Hey gang....getting ready to do our first dry camping trip...I will be playing in a softball tourney in Bullhead City and taking some buddies with me. My question is how do I keep the frig cold to keep our beer cold....we are being allowed to dry camp in the parking lot right at the fields so I need some guidance on what to turn on once we park and I set the levelers...what do I need to do to keep the coach cool and the fridge cold while we are playing ball and then when we get back to the coach to hang out outside and just relax and watch TV and grill out!
Old 02-20-2021, 09:47 PM   #55

THOR #22044
smart bob. yea I have labels by the bed lowering key to remind me to turn it of and remove the pins to lower and the put the pins back in after raising....also have one by the battery switch inside the door to put on store when not using and to put on use when I get in the coach to go somewhere....
Old 02-20-2021, 09:49 PM   #56

State: Virginia
THOR #18622
Levelers

Welcome to Thor world where something either doesn’t work or breaks every time out.
My guess is your house batteries are out of charge.
You must have the use / store switch set to use to charge the batteries and to use the levelers, slide out, etc.
Only use store when not using the m h.
I bought a 2016 Thor 29.3 with 7,200 miles last January in great condition for $56,000.
Even though all appeared in great condition every time we use it something goes wrong or breaks.
To own a Thor m h you have to be a handyman, you’ll learn out of necessity.
Old 02-20-2021, 09:57 PM   #57

Model: Freedom Traveler 30A
THOR #21685
I guess you will have to run the generator for a while with the propane on to the fridge should keep it very cool.
Old 02-20-2021, 10:04 PM   #58

THOR #22044
21 year Ret Marine (Criminal Investigator/NCIS Special Agent on loan from the Corps for 5 years) 24 year Criminal Justice Professor...first time RV owner.
Old 02-20-2021, 10:36 PM   #59

Model: Ace 29.1
State: Ohio
THOR #18432
Levelers not working

Did you check the resettable breaker in the same area as the leveler pump and battery compartment?
Old 02-20-2021, 10:54 PM   #60

Model: WindSport 31S
State: New Hampshire
THOR #18566
Quote:
Just hold the enter and retract button at the same time to reset it