Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class A Motor Coach
Click Here to Login

Old 02-23-2021, 03:44 PM   #81

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2018 24.1 AXISSIXxSIX
State: Arizona
THOR #13932
Generator with a load on it means it needs an electrical load, either a 1500w heater or the ac or something sizable.
It is to run the condensation off of the rotors to prevent flaky rust build up.

I don't think it is required for me and you with our 2% to 6% humidity on any given day of any given season.
But
Do it anyway because there is no
'Why not'
reason to NOT do it.

Click on my pictures then click the pop-up for a full screen zoomable picture.
ducksface is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2021, 06:38 PM   #82

Model: Windsport 35M
State: Michigan
THOR #7496
Np, might take a few cycles, so don't give up.
Have had to do that for the slide out a couple times to. Good luck.
Old 02-23-2021, 09:47 PM   #83

THOR #22044
It worked Bob....and I added a small spray of WD40 on the wheel, it was full of gunk
Old 02-23-2021, 09:48 PM   #84

THOR #22044
Thanks brother....much appreciated.
Old 02-23-2021, 09:52 PM   #85

THOR #22044
Now here is a toughie....do you or anyone else know how to find out the paint color identifiers for my coach? I took some chips to home depot to have them match the paint but they did a horrible job...I was hoping to find the actual paint colors listed somewhere for a 2017 Hurricane 34J....I mean I know there are probably 5-10 paint schemes for this certain coach, but was hoping I could find it somewhere with a VIN number or something.
Old 02-23-2021, 10:05 PM   #86

State: Missouri
THOR #6903
Mine came with 4 small touch up bottles and a paper with the names and codes

An automotive supply for the exterior

I don't have any paint inside, just stain so can't help you there
Old 02-23-2021, 11:06 PM   #87

Model: Thor Tuscany 36 MQ
State: Indiana
THOR #6280
Quote:
Originally Posted by inlyzbldcj View Post
Now here is a toughie....do you or anyone else know how to find out the paint color identifiers for my coach? I took some chips to home depot to have them match the paint but they did a horrible job...I was hoping to find the actual paint colors listed somewhere for a 2017 Hurricane 34J....I mean I know there are probably 5-10 paint schemes for this certain coach, but was hoping I could find it somewhere with a VIN number or something.
Call Thor Customer Service at 1-877-855-2867 Indiana CST. Tell them what you want to know they will want the vin number. They will be able to tell you the paint info you are looking for.
Traveling with Shih Tzu's Baily, Bella and Maltese Buster. Towing, Golf Cart, Harley or Polaris RZR. 3 of our darling Shih Tzu's passed away recently and I just can't take them off of here. RIP Baxter, Baili & sweet sweet Bella. Buster is our little rock.
DogLovers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2021, 11:30 PM   #88

THOR #7496
Glad to hear it !!
Old 02-24-2021, 07:47 PM   #89

THOR #22044
anyone know what the drop down over cabin bed weight limit is in the thor hurricane 34J
Old 02-24-2021, 10:12 PM   #90

THOR #7496
Ours is a windsport, but I think it's around 250.
I've slept up there, 190 (ish).
My son and his wife slept up there also, no problem. Not real comfortable, but better than the ground. Lol.
Old 03-17-2021, 05:19 AM   #91

State: Texas
THOR #22569
Quote:
Hey gang....getting ready to do our first dry camping trip...I will be playing in a softball tourney in Bullhead City and taking some buddies with me. My question is how do I keep the frig cold to keep our beer cold....we are being allowed to dry camp in the parking lot right at the fields so I need some guidance on what to turn on once we park and I set the levelers...what do I need to do to keep the coach cool and the fridge cold while we are playing ball and then when we get back to the coach to hang out outside and just relax and watch TV and grill out!
It depends on your fridge. Ours is capable of running only on propane and 12V (for the fans) and works fine without having to run the generator.

If you can get any shore power, then do that. If you're going to dry camp in warm weather, you'll want to invest in some LED lights and 12V fans. If you want to run the AC you'll be using the generator which, at least on my Thor, is LOUD.

You'll want to get an outdoor rug to put down and maybe the extra shade cloths that attach to your awning. You can use sandbags to hold them instead of the normal in ground anchors.

If you plan on dry camping or boondocking regularly, look into LiFePO4 batteries and solar panels to keep all the 12V stuff powered up.
Old 03-25-2021, 10:35 PM   #92

Model: Hurricane 34J
State: Florida
THOR #15745
Quote:
THANK YOU IT WORKED BEAUTIFULLY...RESET IT COMPLETELY!!! But, when I turn it on now the right front leveler light it blinking. But the system says jacks up and ready so I will take it somewhere today and put the levelers down to see if that goes away. THANK YOU AGAIN!
You can download the LCI instructions, and service manuals from LCI.com to your smartphone or tablet. I printed them and downloaded them.
May I suggest doing a Manual Level first when you are on a level parking lot. Then set the auto level. I have found the auto level lifts the wheels off the ground sometimes. Make sure you download the manual for your level system.
Check with the Thor owner’s website. Sign in with your coach Vin number and it will bring up all the manuals and installed items.
Hope this helps.
Old 03-25-2021, 11:12 PM   #93

Model: Freedom Traveller A27
State: North Carolina
THOR #17765
Quote:
anyone know what the drop down over cabin bed weight limit is in the thor hurricane 34J
Mine is similar to yours. Mine is 500 lbs. Your manual should tell you.
Old 04-11-2021, 02:23 PM   #94

State: Georgia
THOR #21916
Quote:

Our 34E has the overhead bunk and it says it's rated at 500 lbs
Old 04-11-2021, 04:56 PM   #95

Model: Hurricane 34J
State: Florida
THOR #15745
Quote:
21 year Ret Marine (Criminal Investigator/NCIS Special Agent on loan from the Corps for 5 years) 24 year Criminal Justice Professor...first time RV owner.
Welcome to the Form
Thank you for your service. (Say hello to Gibbs for me lol).
I am a retired City of Miami Fl Crime Scene Commander. 25 years of service.
I know owning a RV can be a very happy AND a very frustrating experience. You will always find something wrong with the Rv.
We purchased a 2019 Hurricane34j new from Camping World/Gander RV. The dealer we purchased it from was 2 hours away.
We took our RV Home and before our first trip the rear A/c quit and had to be replaced. Then the plumbing in the outside kitchen was broken and replaced along with the shower drain.
Had a heck of a time with the fresh water drain. It is located under the bed in the master bedroom.
Had to unscrew the cover every time I needed to drain the tank for sanitizing. So I found an 1” electric 12v ss ball valve and installed it under the coach.
Just recently went camping and had a major water leek under the kitchen sink. The drain pipe had not been tightened at the factory. Take out your bottom drawer and make sure the fitting is tight.
Our over cab bed has a 500 lb sticker on it.
We also just replaced the king bed mattress. The original was not that great.
Just added Sumo Springs all around and installed a Roadmaster Rssc steering stabilizer. Made a big difference.
You can spend a lot more money to get things right but that is up to you.
I am lucky I can still do some work myself but there are some things I have to have someone to help with.
Don’t get frustrated with your new Toy. Every thing will work out in the long run.
Enjoy it.