Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class A Motor Coach
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-05-2019, 10:55 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Aria 3901
State: Idaho
THOR #9660
Magne Shade in Aria?

Has anyone bought/installed a Magne shade windshield cover on an Aria?

Old 01-06-2019, 01:14 PM   #2

Model: 2016 A.C.E. 30.1
State: South Carolina
THOR #5641
We are thinking about buying a Aria. I know the insulation in the Thor’s suck, but doesn’t the shades in the front of the Aria not help enough to keep it cool? We do have the Magne Shade for our ACE and love it. Provides privacy in the day time and really cuts down on the heat before coming into the coach.
Dippytwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2019, 03:39 PM   #3

THOR #9660
Dippy-
Yes, the front roller shades do help, but they provide shade after the heat has come through the windshield, and do not shade the upper cabinets where the TV electronics (blue ray, hdmi switch box, and satellite) are located. Also, if parked with a view, the Magneshade will allow you to see out without others seeing in. I was just looking for someone who had already installed one to ask a couple of questions. I ordered one yesterday.

This is our third class A, the previous 2 were Fleetwoods, and I really don't think the insulation, for an RV, in the Aria is bad at all.
Mike
Old 01-07-2019, 04:28 PM   #4

Model: Tuscany XTE 36MQ
State: Louisiana
THOR #4843
While we do not have an Aria, (Our Tuscany XTE is same platform as Aria) We did purchase the windshield shade. It cuts the heat down DRAMATICALLY. We also ordered the door window shade. Would recommend both (save on shipping). Love the fact it is easy to install and no snaps to deal with.

FWIW
Old 01-07-2019, 07:58 PM   #5

THOR #5641
Is the issue that the cabinets hang lower then the top of the windshield and not sure where to place the magnets on the inside? Since we are looking to get the Aria in the next few months I would really like to know how it turns out. We have the shades for our ACE and they work great. Since I live pretty close to where they make the Magne Shade I had them install it on our MH, saved me from getting my DW on the ladder.
Old 01-07-2019, 08:40 PM   #6

THOR #9660
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippytwo View Post
Is the issue that the cabinets hang lower then the top of the windshield and not sure where to place the magnets on the inside? Since we are looking to get the Aria in the next few months I would really like to know how it turns out. We have the shades for our ACE and they work great. Since I live pretty close to where they make the Magne Shade I had them install it on our MH, saved me from getting my DW on the ladder.
I did order one this weekend. I believe I can remove a panel below the cabinets and reach up to the top of the windshield. I will let you know when I receive and install it.
Mike
Old 01-10-2019, 07:33 PM   #7

THOR #9660
Kudo's to MagneShade. After my order online this past weekend, I have received emails with excellent communication about the fitment and options for our Aria. Each time I have had a question, the response has been rapid and very clear. Can't wait to receive the shade. Very impressed so far.
Mike
Old 01-11-2019, 01:24 AM   #8

State: Wisconsin
THOR #12712
Magna Shade

We installed the Magna Shade in June on the Windshied and drivers side window. They work great and really help cut down the heat.
Old 01-28-2019, 11:25 PM   #9

THOR #9660
Magne Shade

I ordered our Magne Shade Saturday, Jan. 8. Their website stated production time of 6-8 weeks. I got emails from them Monday Jan. 10 asking about my install, which magnets I may need, etc. I received my shade today, Jan. 28. Excellent customer service, and much quicker than I was counting on. Now I just need a nice day that my much better half can help me with the install. Can't wait.
Mike
Old 01-29-2019, 12:51 AM   #10

THOR #5641
If you can post pics on how you take the panel off from the bottom of the cabinet it would be a big help (in case we end up buying the Aria).
Old 01-29-2019, 02:44 AM   #11

THOR #9660
I absolutely will, as soon as I can get to the install.
Old 03-03-2019, 04:27 AM   #12

THOR #9660
Finally, we got a decent day, no rain or snow. The DW and I went out and installed the Magneshade. After removing the front motorized shades, the drivers shades and the shades over the door, and the plastic A pillar panels, I was able to drop the padded panel under the front cabinet. I did not remove the fans and there was enough wire to lower the panel with fans attached to the dash board. This enabled us to reach the top of the windshield to attach the magnets to the inside. The Magneshade fit perfectly. After watching their installation video, the install was easy, took less than 30 minutes. It was some work to get all the stuff out of the way, but it was worth it to have the magnets inside the windshield. I also installed a metri-pac plug on the motorized shade to ease the reinstall instead of the butt connectors. I forgot to take a picture of the shade after the install before I put the cover back on the Aria, but trust me, it looks and works really good.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20190302_103924.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	64.8 KB
ID:	15964  
Old 03-03-2019, 11:11 AM   #13

THOR #5641
Great job. You will love the shades. They make a lot of difference in helping to keep the heat out.