Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class C and Super C Motorhomes
Click Here to Login

Old 11-20-2020, 03:00 PM   #1

State: Alabama
THOR #12856
Synergy TT24 Tank Heaters

When I first took delivery of my TT24 the tank heater switch was on the touch screen control panel. Somehow, that switch has disappeared. Any ideas on how I can to turn them on would be really appreciated.

Old 12-05-2020, 12:33 AM   #2

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2016 Siesta Sprinter 24ST
State: Florida
THOR #2812
The TT or ST (Rear twin bed) models have enclosed and heated holding tanks. and do not have Tank heating pads... In cold weather, the furnace supplies the heat for the tanks. Using a space heater will not. There is a duct from the furnace that runs under the toilet platform and into the holding tank compartment. Keep thermostat comfortable inside and tanks are protected.. Your water bay is not heated and in cold (below 25) temps I put a 100 watt light bulb in a reflector in the water bay.
FWIW, the heating duct that runs forward on the passenger side to the stepwell, runs behind and alongside the fresh water tank under the bed and keeps that area warm.. (When furnace is running)

The other Siesta/Synergy models have exposed holding tanks under the RV and do have electric heating pads.
1972 Moto Guzzi Eldorado
Hooligan2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2020, 12:56 AM   #3

Model: Miramar 37.1
State: California
THOR #12698
I have the Siesta 24SS and do have tank heaters on the exposed tanks.

Paul
Old 12-06-2020, 12:52 AM   #4

THOR #2812
To clarify-- Earlier TT or ST models, those with the rear twin beds had ducted heat going to enclosed holding tanks. This years models including "TT" have exposed tanks and heating pads.
My 2016 does not have a touch screen..
1972 Moto Guzzi Eldorado
Old 12-06-2020, 10:03 PM   #5

Model: Citation 24ST
State: Wisconsin
THOR #7565
Hi, we have a Citation 24 ST thank you for the clarification on the heating of the tanks because I wondered why we didn't have heating pads. I don't understand through what you consider the "water bay".
Old 12-07-2020, 12:57 AM   #6

State: Alabama
THOR #12856
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooligan2 View Post
The TT or ST (Rear twin bed) models have enclosed and heated holding tanks. and do not have Tank heating pads... In cold weather, the furnace supplies the heat for the tanks. Using a space heater will not. There is a duct from the furnace that runs under the toilet platform and into the holding tank compartment. Keep thermostat comfortable inside and tanks are protected.. Your water bay is not heated and in cold (below 25) temps I put a 100 watt light bulb in a reflector in the water bay.
FWIW, the heating duct that runs forward on the passenger side to the stepwell, runs behind and alongside the fresh water tank under the bed and keeps that area warm.. (When furnace is running)

The other Siesta/Synergy models have exposed holding tanks under the RV and do have electric heating pads.

Thank you. That’s very helpful. So, if I store it outside this winter I should be keeping RV antifreeze in the grey and black tanks and fully empty the freshwater tank.
Old 12-07-2020, 02:31 AM   #7

Model: Miramar 37.1
State: California
THOR #12698
Usually the water bay is the area where you connect/disconnect your water connection and sewer connection. It is called the water bay.

Paul
Old 12-09-2020, 12:52 AM   #8

THOR #2812
Quote:
Originally Posted by Micky/John View Post
Hi, we have a Citation 24 ST thank you for the clarification on the heating of the tanks because I wondered why we didn't have heating pads. I don't understand through what you consider the "water bay".
Water bay is where the city water connects, outside shower and 2nd water pump switch are located.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	water compt.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	87.1 KB
ID:	27546  
1972 Moto Guzzi Eldorado