Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class A Motor Coach
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-02-2016, 04:50 PM   #61
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentilebrian
I guess it keeps the sun off of it also but I live in Chicago so I care a little less about that.
I thought that as well in the Detroit area. but learned otherwise: Had our last RV for 10 years and never covered it. The UV damage to it was substantial (hatches cracked, inside wall-paper faded, decals peeled off, etc.). I now do what I can to mitigate UV damage as much as possible.

JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2016, 05:49 PM   #62

Model: Four Winds 23U
State: Illinois
THOR #992
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickosterloh View Post
glad to see a freedom elite messages. I am a newbie to both message boards and rving world. just got my first rv a FE 26HE and know very little about it. I was hoping someone could answer the questions I have about using it. have just read a few of the messages, but look forward to reading all here to get some ideas. I will start with just a few that I have.
1) purchase the exterior warranty for CW and from my experience add on warannities are usually not worth the money. but that said and done, what are the opinions to covering during storage in the Iowa's winters.
2) I am planning on starting with manual leveling. what are the suggested brands of blocks and how many sets are suggested. will I have to put blocks under both dual wheels in rear?
3) what is the suggested leveling system (small bubble or 3' level)?
4) I have seen parked class c's and they seem to have scissor jacks in the middle and rear. are these jacks to reduce (deflection and twist) of the frame. are they necessary?
hope these are not too many but I know I have others.
ps does anyone know a good book for beginner rver"s

thanks
rick
We have had our 23U about 2 years and put about 19000 miles on it. Never used our leveling blocks and I have 2 sets, also never used our jacks. We have been out 6 weeks at a time and never had a site we needed to level on.
With that said we have no slides and the refrigerator works even if we are off slightly level. I also do not cover our RV but we do keep it waxed. A lot of opinions on covering or not, some say it scratches the unit others love it, in any case waxing is a must in my opinion and it is a lot of fun.
Old 11-03-2016, 01:14 PM   #63

Model: Four Winds 28z
State: Florida
THOR #5725
Waxing Tips

If you have any waxing tips for a newbie it would be great, I tried last week to use Meguiers 50 by hand and while it looked great on the decals it just made the gelcoat look worse. Is an electrical buffer mandatory? Thoughts?
Old 04-15-2017, 08:05 PM   #64

State: Florida
THOR #6491
To KNMIB

We have freedom elite 26 he 2017. What turbo wash system on the black water tank did u install. Now a dumb question- do we have an inverter?
Thanks from Florida
Old 04-15-2017, 08:44 PM   #65

Model: Freedom Elite 26HE
State: Illinois
THOR #4282
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattie1 View Post
To KNMIB

We have freedom elite 26 he 2017. What turbo wash system on the black water tank did u install. Now a dumb question- do we have an inverter?
Thanks from Florida
I put a Camco Quickie flush in my 26he.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

No Inverter. I swapped out my TV in the loft with a 12v tv/dvd combo so the kids could watch movies going down the road. Then took the TV that was there and mounted it in the bedroom. BTW the HDMI outlet in the bedroom comes out above the cabinet above the fridge.

Another thing is twice now the electrical panel door under the table was opened and the converter switch was off so the 12v battery drained even though I was on shorepower. Not sure how it opens or why that is the only switch that is flipped but the kids or dogs must be bumping it just right.
Old 07-15-2017, 07:27 PM   #66

State: California
THOR #7716
Quote:
Originally Posted by ulsterman50 View Post
My set up is exact opposite of yours. The dinette is behind the drivers seat. The passenger side swivels about 270 degrees but the driver seat hits the steering wheel. Not as much movement as id hoped but ok. I plan on putting in captains chairs so the swivels will be better utilized

We have a 2016 Class C - 22B Ford. We want to put a swivel on the passenger seat only. Where can we get the swivel seat base? We live in Canada (Alberta). Thanks for any help you can provide!
Barbara
Old 01-10-2019, 10:18 PM   #67

Model: Four Winds 22E
State: Virginia
THOR #14163
I'm interested! I've been searching for days on forums for info on my new 22E. I'm trying to add some insulation factors, and not sure if it is safe to put fiberglass bats under the drawers and in the large cavities i can see with pipes running through them. It's mighty cold in the cabinets and when you open a drawer! Thanks for any info you can share.