Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class A Motor Coach
Click Here to Login

Old 05-15-2019, 08:12 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Virginia
THOR #15258
Dishwasher

We went and walked through an Aria 3901 today. Really liked the layout and features. One thing we’d like to have would be a dishwasher, anyone know if those can be added aftermarket?

Old 06-19-2019, 05:10 AM   #2

Model: Aria 3901
State: Arizona
THOR #14127
Dishwasher added to Thor Aria 3901

Quote:
Originally Posted by USN Retiree View Post
We went and walked through an Aria 3901 today. Really liked the layout and features. One thing we’d like to have would be a dishwasher, anyone know if those can be added aftermarket?
I added a dishwasher to mine. Pulled out two drawers below the induction stove top and used that space for a Vesta Built-in Dishwasher (DWV375BBS). Took me about 4 hours to install. I think it turned out quite nice!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2018-11-25 22.01.09.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	117.9 KB
ID:	18287  
Old 06-19-2019, 05:40 AM   #3

State: Texas
THOR #14144
That's awesome any other picture of the install would like to do the same .
Old 06-19-2019, 07:38 AM   #4

Model: Aria 3901
State: Arizona
THOR #14127
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Lutich View Post
That's awesome any other picture of the install would like to do the same .
I will take some additional pictures next time I am at the coach so that I can illustrate how I went about the install. For now, here are some details:

1) The Vesta Built-in Dishwasher fit into the cavity where the bottom two drawers were previously located. It fit fairly well, however it does leave a small gap along one side. I filled in the gap with a cut piece of the finished wood that originally was located between the two removed drawers. The horizontal wood piece filled the vertical gap almost perfectly with very little modification. That was a lucky break and gives it a finished/professional look.

2) The electrical for the dishwasher was simply 'piggy-backed' into the outlet for the induction cook top. That outlet is conveniently located right behind the drawers I removed.

3) Plumbing tie-in was easy since the sink water hook-up and access to the drain pipe is adjacent to the install location. Expect a trip to Home Depot for some plumbing materials to add a 'T' into the drain pipe and a splitter for the water line.

4) I had to build a small 'support platform' underneath the dishwasher at the bottom of the cavity so that the back of the dishwasher had solid support underneath it. I built some basic wood braces and used L brackets to secure them into the bottom of the slide structure (which is essentially a plywood base).

5) I 'built up' small vertical wood structures (using some 1x2" strips of wood) on the inside of the cavity on both sides to give something for the dishwasher stabilization screws to attach to. That secures the dishwasher to the cabinet structure and prevents any movement.

Happy to answer any specific questions. Expect some pics posted this weekend.