Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class A Motor Coach
Click Here to Login

Old 07-24-2022, 12:01 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Florida
THOR #26505
Frustration

So we took our 2022 35m hurricane in for warranty2 weeks ago. They did do a couple of large items (I think Iíll know more on our next trip this weekend) but multiple items not addressed and other items broken by dealer. Now they tell me I need to take it to Onan for generator repair, Iím sorry Iím saying bs.itís so frustrating Iíd love to tell them to take it back🤦*♂️🤦*♂️🤦*♂️🤦*♂️🤦*♂️🤦*♂️ Sorry just venting to you guys as Thor owners

Old 07-24-2022, 01:54 PM   #2

Model: 2016 Hurricane 27K
THOR #1589
Keep after them. Sometimes delays are due to waiting for parts, but sometimes delays are only because your warranty work is low priority.
Old 07-24-2022, 02:28 PM   #3

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Sunstar 29VE Winnebago
State: Texas
THOR #13058
Quote:
Originally Posted by greg&bev View Post
So we took our 2022 35m hurricane in for warranty2 weeks ago. They did do a couple of large items (I think I’ll know more on our next trip this weekend) but multiple items not addressed and other items broken by dealer. Now they tell me I need to take it to Onan for generator repair, I’m sorry I’m saying bs.it’s so frustrating I’d love to tell them to take it back��*♂️��*♂️��*♂️��*♂️��*♂️��*♂️ Sorry just venting to you guys as Thor owners

Sorry to hear of the frustration as you acknowledge need to vent.

If things are calmer can I ask clarification?

1. Sounds like the Dealer repaired a couple of large items within two weeks? Not knowing what they are; but it sounds like a good thing to you to call large
2. What kind of items were not addressed? Do you wish assistance to any of those?
3. If there is something wrong with the Generator, who do you want to repair it if NOT Onan?
4. What did they break, and what are they telling you?

Not making excuses for any Mfg and especially a Dealer; because it is the Dealers that I view that are the weakest link in the RV ownership process, but think of buying a new home. You will find all kinds of things for the builder to come back out to fix, but when that GE Fridge stop cooling and making ice, you need to go through GE.
2019 Sunstar 29VE Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; T-Mobile Internet w/WiFi6; H/W Heater / Chassis Disconnect Switches; Southwire Surge Guard 44270 & 34951 w/Monitor 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
dkoldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2022, 03:37 PM   #4

Model: A.C.E. 27.2
State: Indiana
THOR #14698
If you have no joy with the dealer, contact Thor and tell them of the frustrations with said dealer. Pissed off customers due to ineffective dealer service is not good for business
Roadmaster Invisibrake
MJC62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2022, 03:48 PM   #5

Model: Vegas 25.6
State: New Mexico
THOR #20220
Quote:
Originally Posted by greg&bev View Post
So we took our 2022 35m hurricane in for warranty2 weeks ago. They did do a couple of large items (I think Iíll know more on our next trip this weekend) but multiple items not addressed and other items broken by dealer. Now they tell me I need to take it to Onan for generator repair, Iím sorry Iím saying bs.itís so frustrating Iíd love to tell them to take it back🤦*♂️🤦*♂️🤦*♂️🤦*♂️🤦*♂️🤦*♂️ Sorry just venting to you guys as Thor owners
Thor approved a tech of my choice and shipped parts to them.
Old 07-24-2022, 04:43 PM   #6

THOR #13058
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scubawise View Post
Thor approved a tech of my choice and shipped parts to them.
But he has items broken by current dealer to deal with, and he / she seems frustrated that after buying from said Dealer they are already being asked to go to a OEM Mfg for repair.

Owner should know it took 3 years before my last warranty item was repaired by Dealer. That is not a negative because the RV Mfg took care of some items well after warranty was over.

I have mobile tech now that has been to our home twice now. He is just wonderful. He lives less than 5 miles away from our house. I am now try to make up or find things because I want him to come by and do something once or twice a year or so; if I am ever in a bind, I have a friend not just a RV Tech. I watched him fabricate some steel parts in my garage to bolster my hood latch assembly that even had Winnebago in awe He saw a break / gap in silicone between rear cap and roof by chance and said "hey that needs to be fixed". I got my ladder (I try not to use the RV ladder) and took a look to see what he was talking about, when I came down he had a Clear Silicone gun in hand and went up and two minutes later presto!!! No charge This is why it is important for the OP to lay out the types of things that are wrong because the paths to eliminating the frustration may be many. I just had my house painted. Guy and his team was doing a really good job and I had low price. They seemed short of cash so I paid nice deposit and early often progress. When they finished I paid in full, but the quality was NOT what I wanted. Yes I paid them when work still needed be to done. I made a list and the guy comes out walks through evening and says he will come back that Saturday to finish. I hadn't seen him since. He has Ghosted my calls. So I have been finishing up the long hanging fruit for all I can do, making the list smaller. When I can do no more I can try once more with a smaller punch list in hopes he returns, but if not; I will just hire someone else to complete what remains. The benefit I have is I know not to use that contractor for anything else.
2019 Sunstar 29VE Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; T-Mobile Internet w/WiFi6; H/W Heater / Chassis Disconnect Switches; Southwire Surge Guard 44270 & 34951 w/Monitor 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
Old 07-24-2022, 04:59 PM   #7

Model: THOR Chateua 35SF
THOR #11130
Without the details it's difficult to offer advice. What things did the fix...what things did they not fix...what things did they break? Be specific.
Old 07-24-2022, 07:57 PM   #8

THOR #26505
Iím calm just frustrated, they tell me they reversed back flows on black tanks, I could not flush except buy buckets.they did replace a toilet that had no pressure.did not fix generator, and are telling me I have to drive 2 hrs to on an to have them fix it.(I bought it from gander they need to fix it on their nickel not mine)little things like pocket doors I have to strap shut when driving, wood cabinet panels and drawers broken and loose,chassis squeak, just things like That are easy fixes. Then the mascerator pump is leaking when I get home.🤦*♂️Iím 2 hrs from dealer and canít run back there every weekend
Old 07-25-2022, 02:38 AM   #9

Model: Freedom Elite 28H
State: California
THOR #3559
Try Cummins

Onan generators are made by Cummins who makes diesel truck engines. Find a Cummins dealer and they might be able to assist with your generator issue. Our local Cummins dealer services and sells parts for Onan generators. Good luck, let us know how it works out.
Going to the beach 😎
Homer3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2022, 04:25 AM   #10

Model: Vegas 25.6
State: New Mexico
THOR #20220
Quote:
Originally Posted by Homer3 View Post
Onan generators are made by Cummins who makes diesel truck engines. Find a Cummins dealer and they might be able to assist with your generator issue. Our local Cummins dealer services and sells parts for Onan generators. Good luck, let us know how it works out.
Cummins has saved us. And we got a 2 year warranty.
Old 07-25-2022, 01:06 PM   #11

THOR #13058
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scubawise View Post
Cummins has saved us. And we got a 2 year warranty.
OPs beef with generator is that they do not want to take it to Cummins Onan despite the warranty, because they feel Dealer should take care. Manufacturing defects is the Manufacturer's responsibility. I have little to no respect for most dealers, but if there is warranty issue with Generator it has to go to a Cummins Onan Dealer.

OP has some other issues that if he / she breaks out they have there on merits. May need multiple threads for best help.