Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class A Motor Coach
Click Here to Login

Old 07-08-2019, 09:36 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Windsport
State: Alberta
THOR #8386
Windsport 29M Slide

We have a 2018 Windsport 29m with a full slike which we have for 1 1/2 years and really like it, however the slide moves with 2 motors on each side and controlled with 2 Dual Motor Velocity Slide Controllers 13390-D0.
One works as it should, the other displays a fault, usually a ground fault of sometimes does not display anything. Lights which should be on are not. I contacted Thor customer service and they were helpful and suggested I replace the defective one as it may eventually fail. I did and it set me back @707.00 but it performs the same as the first one. When if does not work, I have to reset if which is a pain. I did not contact the dealer because he is 100 miles away and have to wait a month or so for an appointment. Has anyone with the same setup had this problem and if so, what did you do.
Thanks

Old 07-08-2019, 10:01 PM   #2

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Renegade Valencia 38RB
State: California
THOR #3156
You say you have 2 controllers?? I have 1 controller for slide in the rear cargo compartment drivers side. And 1 controller for the over head bunk in the cabinet above the steering wheel

The flashing lights are common. Usually double tapping the slide switch or overhead bunk switch stops the flashing lights

If the slide was working even with the flashing light I wouldn't worry about it

Both of my controllers flash at some point now and then. Double tap they stop. I've never had a problem with either working

Jerry
2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
FMCA # F464385
halfprice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2019, 10:09 PM   #3

THOR #8386
Windsport 29 M

Thanks for your early advice. My controllers are as you stated. I was not too clear in my post. I am told that I should just go with what I have but the resetting of it is rather a pain. Thanks again.
Old 07-08-2019, 10:15 PM   #4

Model: Hurricane 29M
State: Texas
THOR #11781
I have reset my controllers a couple of times, can't be easier.
Lt Keefer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2019, 10:38 PM   #5

THOR #8386
I am not a perfectionist but the flashing lights are trying to tell you something that should be corrected. If there is going to be a failure, it will happen at the worst possible time and place. I just like things that work. By the way, to reset my controller, I tap 6 times and hold on 7 till I get 2 flashing red and green lights. Not a big deal.
Thanks for your replies.
Old 07-09-2019, 04:55 AM   #6

THOR #3156
Quote:
Originally Posted by rurkaep View Post
I am not a perfectionist but the flashing lights are trying to tell you something that should be corrected. If there is going to be a failure, it will happen at the worst possible time and place. I just like things that work. By the way, to reset my controller, I tap 6 times and hold on 7 till I get 2 flashing red and green lights. Not a big deal.
Thanks for your replies.
Try the double tap on the slide switch It should stop the flashing lights on the controller
FMCA # F464385
Old 07-09-2019, 05:05 AM   #7

THOR #3156
Quote:
Thanks for your replies.
I called LCI after reading the flashing lights meant a problem. Stupid me never realized the lights meant anything since it always did it. Over head bunk always flashed since new. Slide probably also but its not easily seen unless you look for it in the cargo bay. Coach was 1 year old and never had a problem with the slide or over head bunk working

LCI Rep said if it always worked dont worry about it. Didnt really like that answer so I called Thor. Thor rep said the same, dont worry about it, but he sent me 2 new controller for free just in case I wanted to replace them.

I started doing research and found the double tap to clear the flashes. Common fix for common problem. So now that all I do if I feel like it. The 2 new controllers are sitting with other parts waiting to be installed if ever needed.

Good luck Jerry
FMCA # F464385
Old 07-09-2019, 12:47 PM   #8
Site Team

Model: ACE 27.1
State: Florida
THOR #7035
Quote:
We have a 2018 Windsport 29m with a full slike which we have for 1 1/2 years and really like it, however the slide moves with 2 motors on each side and controlled with 2 Dual Motor Velocity Slide Controllers 13390-D0.
One works as it should, the other displays a fault, usually a ground fault of sometimes does not display anything. Lights which should be on are not. I contacted Thor customer service and they were helpful and suggested I replace the defective one as it may eventually fail. I did and it set me back @707.00 but it performs the same as the first one. When if does not work, I have to reset if which is a pain. I did not contact the dealer because he is 100 miles away and have to wait a month or so for an appointment. Has anyone with the same setup had this problem and if so, what did you do.
Thanks
You've got 2 motors on each side of your slide? Never seen that before.
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2019, 01:58 PM   #9

Model: Serrano
THOR #8144
I noticed the same thing on my 33W Serrano. The full wall slide has two controllers, so i assumed that there were 4 motors. The smaller slide only has one controller as commonly is the case.
Old 07-09-2019, 02:00 PM   #10

Model: Serrano
THOR #8144
One more thing. It's scary to think of what will hapoen when the slide doesn't work. Will have to disengage (4) motors and need 10 people to push the slide in!
Old 07-09-2019, 04:06 PM   #11

THOR #8386
I did say I had two motors on each side, I meant to say 1 motor on each side. Each is connected to the respective controllers. Thanks for all the info I am getting.
Old 07-09-2019, 04:16 PM   #12

THOR #3156
Quote:
Originally Posted by 16ACE27 View Post
No one motor on each side
FMCA # F464385
Old 07-09-2019, 04:21 PM   #13

THOR #3156
Quote:
I did say I had two motors on each side, I meant to say 1 motor on each side. Each is connected to the respective controllers. Thanks for all the info I am getting.
Where are your controllers located. Having one controller per motor doesn't make sense because the controllers jobs is to sync the two motors together. Separate controllers can't do that unless it's a new type of system
FMCA # F464385
Old 10-25-2019, 07:35 PM   #14

Model: M29 Windsport
THOR #17124
I have a 2018 M29 and wben powering up the coach with the main switch at the entry i get 9 flashing lights in my slide and bed controller. I have to hit the retract twice causing them to regract an inch or so hold the switch to retract for 5 seconds and the lights go off. The lights will stay off until i turn off tne house power. When i turn back on the 9 blinking lights start again. I have seen many with this issue but no one has advised if they resllved the problem. 9 blinking lights mean tne Hall power is shorted. Looking for help.
Old 10-25-2019, 07:40 PM   #15

Model: M29 Windsport
THOR #17124
My m29 has only two controllers. One in the left rear cargo bay for the wall slide the other for the overhead bed above the driver
Quote:
Originally Posted by 16ACE27 View Post
Old 10-25-2019, 09:03 PM   #16

Model: Hurricane 29M
THOR #11781
I have come to the conclusion that if the slide goes out when I push the button and then comes back in when I push the other button, all is fine. At times, the controllers blink like christmas trees for no apparent reason. I have had them blink even when the slide or overhead bunk has not been moved. I just ignore them as long as the side goes in and out and the bunk goes up and down. I figure the blinking lights are just Thor reminding me they sell entry level coaches.
Lt Keefer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2019, 09:35 PM   #17

Model: Hurricane 31S
THOR #6411
The controllers red and green LEDs flash alternately any time the slide is moving. This shows the motor to controller connection is good and the Hall effect sensors are powered. When ever the controller is reset (stalling out the motors, pressing the slide direction switch twice is rapid succession or by depressing the push button in the controller once) the LEDs will flash together for about 3 seconds and then go out. If you have an error, the controller's green LED will flash one or two times indicating the motor that has the error and then the red LED will flash one to 9 times indicating the error. This will repeat as long as the error is present or the controller is reset. The Hall effect error will always show up on motor one even though the error may be on motor two. If an error is flashing, resetting the computer will clear the lights but not the error. Resetting the controller again will cause the error to be displayed again. Resetting the controller only resets the Hall effect sensors to zero. Putting the controller into emergency override causes the LEDs to flash alternately showing all controller safeguarded are removed.

Hope that helps with an explanation of the LEDs on the controller
Beau388 is offline   Reply With Quote