Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class A Motor Coach
Click Here to Login

Old 05-06-2022, 06:24 PM   #21

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Sunstar 29VE Winnebago
State: Texas
THOR #13058
Quote:
Originally Posted by txc2936@yahoo.com View Post
We have a stepladder at the RV park that slides up to front of RV and i can reach that spot your talking about. I got motivated today and got the black paint pretty much to production. i always worry this will oxidize and fade
Now that is a motivational picture all RV'er should see once a year, if they can't physically do it themselves, they should pay to have it done annually.

Oxidation is normal process, clean it and protecting to surface to minimize will extend the life for some untold number of years; otherwise as this thread proves; within 2 years, your RV can look like crap and it has nothing to do with RV Mfg quality.

2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3 & Command Center; Roadmaster Nighthawk Tow bar & Baseplate; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; T-Mobile Internet; H/W Heater / Chassis Disconnect Switches; Southwire Surge Guard 44270 & 34951 w/Monitor 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
dkoldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2022, 04:03 PM   #22

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Virginia
THOR #18622
Gelcoat

I use a 16’ extension ladder with a stabilizer on the top end. This allows me to get the whole top curved area of my a c e 29.3 and the top curved area on the rear end.
Get yourself a variable speed polisher buffer from harbor freight about $50 and orange foam pads to compound the r v and white foam pads to apply polish and wax.
If heavy oxidation you’ll need a meguires 105 compound, light oxidation use meguires finish restorer. Follow with meguires marine / r v wax and polish.
My 30’ long a c e takes about 40 hours to complete.
Old 05-10-2022, 07:54 PM   #23

Model: Aria 3401
State: Washington
THOR #22245
I am happy we came from boating and bought and learned to use an orbital polisher and a smaller random. Makes caring for the outside of our RV much easier.
Retired US Navy Corpsman HMC(SW)(FMF)
HMCSW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2022, 12:52 AM   #24

State: South Carolina
THOR #22342
I just love this stuff. It sprays on every surface, sides, windows, leaves no streaks and removes all water spots.

I have pretty much stopped the water wash and just re spray ever few months. Change microfiber alot and use clean ones for the windows.

Spray a little more on black streaking and it totally removes the stain..
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2022-12-04_19-49-47.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	60.0 KB
ID:	40286