Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class B & B+ Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-02-2020, 07:30 PM   #1401

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Compass 23TR
State: Yukon
THOR #13409
That's one option. I just leave my store/use switch to "use" all winter - never turn it off. Then I plug into shore. And the chassis battery was getting a charge last fall when I put it away. Hope it keeps working over the winter.

Old 02-02-2020, 07:52 PM   #1402

Model: Compass 23 TB
State: Ontario
THOR #13224
There is a panel of switches on the left hand side of the step as you enter the coach at least that is where mine are. Use/store, awning etc.
Coveman2
Old 02-02-2020, 08:26 PM   #1403

Model: Gemini 23TR
THOR #14621
JRA, it’s the red lighted button inside the coach door on the right.

Coleman, that is one trip I would love to hear about.
Old 02-03-2020, 02:09 PM   #1404

THOR #14621
JRA, I should say that our family has a standard for left and right. When in the drivers seat facing forward left is drivers side. When going through any other door left is on the side as we exit. Just makes it easier when we’re ‘shadetree wrenching’ on our vehicles.

Also, your Ford dealer should have the nuts that will fit the boosting points so that you can attach the wires to these points for the battery tender or smart charger. They are metric and two different sizes. My daughters shop has buckets of these things so they should be easy to find and very low price.
Old 02-03-2020, 02:42 PM   #1405

Model: Compass 23 TB
THOR #13224
The Genius smart charger that I bought at Canadian Tire has both clamp on and bolt on cables but have just used the clamp on with no problem with them coming off but the nut idea is also good.
Coveman2
Old 02-03-2020, 02:48 PM   #1406

THOR #14621
Coveman2,

Only reason that I offer the mechanical fastener route is the length of time that the vehicles are left unattended and checked. Little critters like to run up under the engine and knock things around. They also like to chew on things. There is also the moisture factor. We’ve had these issues with other stored vehicles. Also, I can leave the connector attached and use it at anytime without fear of it jumping off.

I’m sure that they will both work just fine.
Old 02-05-2020, 04:44 AM   #1407

Model: Four Winds 25V
State: British Columbia
THOR #16038
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRA View Post
Uh, where do find this "use/store" switch?

There is an emergency start switch that can be used to start the motor home if the chassis battery dies.
I have a 2020 gemini23tw. the use/store switch is in the stair well on the left side cabinet. The emergency start switch is on the dash left hand side behind the steering wheel.
Old 02-07-2020, 08:26 PM   #1408

State: Oregon
THOR #9169
Compass sun shade bezel removal

I am trying to remove the bezel around my over cab sunroof shade to restring it. I have removed the screw from each corner and it still is anchored solid. I don't want to break it. I have called Thor and they are trying to find an answer for me. Any suggestions?
Old 02-07-2020, 10:23 PM   #1409

State: California
THOR #6701
Mine is held in place with Velcro.
Old 02-07-2020, 10:51 PM   #1410

THOR #9169
So just pull on it?
Old 02-08-2020, 12:14 AM   #1411

THOR #9169
Success , Up from inside the frame there are four more screws that let it come out..
Old 02-08-2020, 01:31 AM   #1412

Model: Gemini 24TX (Formerly)
State: California
THOR #5821
My 2017 had no screws and fell off several times. Dealer added screws to hod it in place, but it has always rattled some while underway. I think it was the shade that rattled. opening it all the way quieted it, closed it rattled.
Old 02-08-2020, 03:26 PM   #1413

Model: Gemini tw
State: Alberta
THOR #17351
Hi, we also have a Gemini 23tw. Also a few minor glitches, but Generally are pleased with our unit. Purchased new in sept last year. Like the little diesel. We only have 5000 Kim’s so far but are heading state side next month for a bit. Would like to put a picture on my membership site but don’t know how. Looking for a few tips how to.😀
Old 02-08-2020, 04:44 PM   #1414

Model: Compass 23TR
State: Yukon
THOR #13409
To set a profile picture, go to the top of the page and select "User CP" link. There are lots of extra options in there. But the one you are probably looking for is "Edit Avatar" (along the left side of the page.)
Old 02-11-2020, 09:01 PM   #1415

State: Arizona
THOR #13926
Hooking up battery tender on 23TB

If you own a Ford Chassis model, you do not need to access the battery under the drivers seat.

There is a positive and negative post under the hood which leads to the battery.

Much easier to use!
Old 02-11-2020, 09:57 PM   #1416

Model: 24TF Compass / Mercedes
State: New York
THOR #17969
Generator Exhaust

Here is kind of a long shot. My 24TF has a full slide with the generator under the bed. That will be a treat I'm sure. Anyway has anyone found a way to divert the exhaust to above the roof when the slide and protective awning are right there above the exhaust? I thought rerouting the exhaust to the back but that will interfere with the sewer connections and the stabilizer operation. Thor customer care was not much help. I would like to use a Gen-turi but not sure there is enough room to mount everything. Poorly engineered in my opinion. Thanks for the help.
Old 02-11-2020, 10:41 PM   #1417

THOR #14621
Edensob,

Just thinking, is there a possibility of taking that exhaust to the other side of the coach?
Old 02-11-2020, 10:55 PM   #1418

State: Arizona
THOR #13926
If your generator runs on propane, I wouldn't worry about it
Old 02-12-2020, 02:49 AM   #1419

Model: 24TF Compass / Mercedes
State: New York
THOR #17969
Will have to look at crossing over. The secondary concern lipmsp is if we need to run it while sleeping and sucking in carbon monoxide through the slide area. Shouldn't happen and yes there is a detector. Just peace of mind I guess.
Old 02-12-2020, 06:04 AM   #1420

Model: Tiburon 24RW
State: Washington
THOR #16940
Heads up on 2020 Mercedes Models - Not all new features available

With the 2019 upgrades to the Sprinter vans, Mercedes rolled out a slew of new features and improvements. Many new motorhomes coming out this year feature the new technology, but the Gemini and Compass models - for the most part - will not.
MBUX - At first glance it appears that they have the new 10.25" MBUX console display, but you'll soon see that on the Gemini/Compass models, the screen is the old style 7" or smaller. Mercedes does offer the MBUX features on both the 7" and 10" versions, but I have also seen new rigs with Axxera in-dash units.
On the speedometer/RPM display, the new MBS has a single vertical screen, while the origial version had two smaller, stacked screens that only showed monochrome text. The Gemini and Compass 2020 models still have the old version.
Driving Sensors - New: Sensor array at the rear view mirror location. The old version does not have this. I have been told that these 2019 1/2 models may have some of the new technology driving assist features, but not all.
Seat memory - On the two doors are seat controls with memory buttons.
So, at first glance it looks like you're getting the cool new Sprinter. You see the slimmer 'hawk-eye' headlamps, the new buttons on the steering wheel and the new design of the center console moulding for the 10" display. In reality you won't get the all the new features.

I have only seen the new features mentioned on the Delano and Tiburon models on Thor's webpage.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	dash.png
Views:	89
Size:	591.8 KB
ID:	22517   Click image for larger version

Name:	gauges.png
Views:	103
Size:	314.8 KB
ID:	22518  

Click image for larger version

Name:	door.png