Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class B & B+ Motorhomes
Click Here to Login

Old 03-03-2020, 02:56 PM   #1441

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 23 TR
State: Florida
THOR #10954
Sewer hose storage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Wheel View Post
I am located north of you in Canada and we’re in the same winter mess right now. Had to put my 2019 TR in outdoor storage since the bylaws for our town have recently changed.

Here is my take on your questions:

1. The dealer put all of my remotes in one of the cupboards: one for each tv, one for the DVD player, one for the back up camera, one for the outside sound bar. (There may be another one)

2. My sewer hoses collapse and roll up, I then attach the two ends and fit them into the sewage locker. I am working on a solution that will allow for the hoses to be put in a storage container from the locker. More in the spring.

3. I was going to do this but I believe that it would add too much weight to the unit and with the auto retract, if the screen is on it, you may find yourself in a bit of a jam if the auto retract runs with that room attached.

4. My wife and I are going to try extended stays with our 23TR on the Ford chassis. I am currently out of Chemo for an extended period and hope I can stay that way!

If you haven’t already done so, go to the Thor owners section of the Thor Motorcoach website and set up an account. Once you enter your VIN number you will have access to all of the manuals, even those that weren’t in your Thor bag along with a bunch of videos. You will also have access to all of the serial numbers for all of the kit installed in your coach. It is a great resource.

Have fun with the new ‘tiny house’!

I have a sewer hose tube storage in my dump bay for 2 years now. Very easy to install at the bottom on the bay. I runs parallel to the bumper in this bay and only needs big zip ties to hold in place. Very easy quick access. Got it @ Camping World.

Old 03-03-2020, 03:13 PM   #1442

State: Massachusetts
THOR #4392
Quote:
Originally Posted by lipmsp View Post
If your generator runs on propane, I wouldn't worry about it
Um, no, propane produces CO, just like other fuels. BE CAREFUL.
Old 03-05-2020, 09:05 PM   #1443

Model: Gemini 23TR
State: Ontario
THOR #14621
Hi Campy,

I was going to look at doing that once the weather breaks. No Camping World up here. Just way over priced dealers and limited online companies.

It would be much appreciated if you would send pictures. I would like to see if that could be done in the TR.

TNX
Old 03-05-2020, 09:07 PM   #1444

THOR #14621
X2

The slide seals on these units are not that great to start with. If there is a breeze blowing in the wrong direction you could find yourself in a difficult situation.
Old 03-06-2020, 09:47 PM   #1445
JRA

Model: 2019 Gemini 23TB
State: Georgia
THOR #17642
Tank Heaters

We are on our very first outing with our new 23TB, and it is going to be in the high 20's tonight. Should I turn on the tank heaters? Is the some minimum amount of water needed to be in the tanks? Should I disconnect the water line from the ca.per? Help me please, and thanks in advance!
Old 03-06-2020, 10:25 PM   #1446

Model: 2017 Gemini 23TR
State: British Columbia
THOR #5922
Hi JRA
I am not an expert...
In similar situations I have disconnected from Campground (filled my fresh tank up thinking "more volume = harder to freeze" ), turned on tank heaters (did not worry about how full tanks were), turned up furnace to almost too hot and opened cupboards/ access panels to under fridge to allow heat to pipes... And moved on to somewhere warmer the next morning.
I have read about others winterizing with antifreeze and just using bottled water.. And some adding a heated hose too. Nancy
Old 03-06-2020, 10:25 PM   #1447

Model: Compass 23TR
State: Yukon
THOR #13409
I'm not sure what the recommended procedure is - but last year while bringing my camper home, the days were above freezing. But the nights dropped down below. I did run with the tank heaters on - both day and night. There wasn't much water in any of the tanks - probably less than 5 gallons. And I didn't have any problems.
I slept in the camper at night with the furnace going. The heat from inside was enough to keep the lines all open. The first night, I hooked up to city water. Not a great idea. The hose froze. It was outside and it was cold enough. It didn't rupture. I just put it in a plastic bag and carried it inside. By noon, it had thawed and I drained it. Put it into storage and ran with the pump the rest of the way home - 2 more nights.
I would suspect if it just goes to the high 20s, and then warms up during the day, you'll be fine. Just put a couple of gallons of water in all the tanks.
Old 03-11-2020, 02:33 PM   #1448

THOR #10954
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Wheel View Post
Hi Campy,

I was going to look at doing that once the weather breaks. No Camping World up here. Just way over priced dealers and limited online companies.

It would be much appreciated if you would send pictures. I would like to see if that could be done in the TR.

TNX
Old 03-11-2020, 02:36 PM   #1449

THOR #10954
Quote:
Originally Posted by campy View Post
This was before I had the foam part around the pipe holder. It is now weather tight as well. So easy to use since everything is right where you need it when dumping and saves a storage compartment.
Old 03-11-2020, 04:49 PM   #1450

State: California
THOR #6701
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobbes View Post
Update: just got the Gemini home. Cap looks pretty good, I think that the dealer could have done a better job on prep, but all in all I am pleased with the outcome. I still maintain that it should never have happened. It's a shame that Thor has abandoned all pretense of standing behind an otherwise good unit. I think the cap-only paint solution is ok. Time will tell.
Thanks for posting the pic of the newly painted cap. You mention the dealer could have done a better prep job, did you have the RV dealer do the paint or did you have an independent shop do it? I like the fact that the brand isn't on the front also. Looks cleaner that way.
Old 03-11-2020, 08:10 PM   #1451

THOR #14621
Quote:
Originally Posted by campy View Post
This was before I had the foam part around the pipe holder. It is now weather tight as well. So easy to use since everything is right where you need it when dumping and saves a storage compartment.
TNX Campy. It looks like I have a bit of different set up. My fresh water tank drain drops down right beside that grey tank #2 pipe coming from the passenger side of the coach.

I will check out what you have done and see if I can squeak something in there. Right now I collapse the slinky's and the connectors for them into this compartment with their fittings. And yes I do connect the ends together so that there is no leakage!

Appreciate your help in posting this!
Old 03-11-2020, 08:29 PM   #1452

THOR #14621
There has been some discussion on this forum about a Gemini/Compass get together. It may be difficult for people to cross the country. Since I am located in the east, is there an appetite for a get together to meet and show off those unique mods?

Maybe one in the east, one in the west, one in the middle.

Just askin'
Old 03-11-2020, 09:43 PM   #1453

Model: Gemini
State: Alabama
THOR #7475
Hey all gemi compass heads,
Big wheel, if the mini rally you are referring to is the one I suggested for later September for somewhere in northwest USA.( Post 1336 )Then yes it's still on in planning stages.so far 7-10 people expressed interest. I'm thinking south Dakota at a state park. I'm thinking at this point is to ask everyone interested ,on suggestions of where to meet. (Any where ) I've never been to a rally, or planned one. Also wouldn't mind meeting you or anyone while camping. One question I have is how dose one find a place to make reservations for 10 to 20 campers. Any and all suggestions welcome.
Doug K.
Old 03-11-2020, 09:57 PM   #1454

Model: Gemini 23TW
State: Alaska
THOR #14358
Ford says it is due to market share of the I-5 diesel that is made in south Africa.
Thor says that they will not produce a Compass or Gemini with rear wheel drive (only), just the 4 wheel drive and gas engine with a 10 speed transmission.
2021 models are being delivered in April 2020
Old 03-11-2020, 10:56 PM   #1455

THOR #6701
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaska View Post
Ford says it is due to market share of the I-5 diesel that is made in south Africa.
Thor says that they will not produce a Compass or Gemini with rear wheel drive (only), just the 4 wheel drive and gas engine with a 10 speed transmission.
2021 models are being delivered in April 2020
That will be very interesting. Maybe more tow capacity? Wonder what the price will be.
Old 03-11-2020, 11:10 PM   #1456

THOR #6701
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdkirk View Post
Hey all gemi compass heads,
Big wheel, if the mini rally you are referring to is the one I suggested for later September for somewhere in northwest USA.( Post 1336 )Then yes it's still on in planning stages.so far 7-10 people expressed interest. I'm thinking south Dakota at a state park. I'm thinking at this point is to ask everyone interested ,on suggestions of where to meet. (Any where ) I've never been to a rally, or planned one. Also wouldn't mind meeting you or anyone while camping. One question I have is how dose one find a place to make reservations for 10 to 20 campers. Any and all suggestions welcome.
Doug K.
I'm not sure if you can reserve space in state parks or are they first come first served? nmcmilla was suggesting Wyoming somewhere but don't remember what time frame that was. It would be nice to be somewhere that alternative travel wasn't necessary since few if any would have toads. I'll toss in a suggestion for Jackson Hole WY but we're willing to follow the crowd if time allows.
Old 03-11-2020, 11:51 PM   #1457

Model: 2017 Gemini 23TR
State: British Columbia
THOR #5922
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainsam View Post
I'm not sure if you can reserve space in state parks or are they first come first served? nmcmilla was suggesting Wyoming somewhere but don't remember what time frame that was. It would be nice to be somewhere that alternative travel wasn't necessary since few if any would have toads. I'll toss in a suggestion for Jackson Hole WY but we're willing to follow the crowd if time allows.
Hi Big Wheel, jdkirk and mountainsam, I am interested in a Gemi/Compass meet-up but I was suggesting sometime in June as I am thinking about driving to Rock Springs, Wyoming for the Escapee event June 21-26 https://escapade.escapees.com/ (Though I haven't actually registered yet). If I do go to the WY Rally in June, I am not sure I would head back that way for south Dakota in September...but maybe;-) Nancy
Old 03-12-2020, 04:38 PM   #1458

Model: Gemini
State: Alabama
THOR #7475
Where at in Jackson hole wy.
Old 03-12-2020, 04:55 PM   #1459

THOR #6701
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdkirk View Post
Where at in Jackson hole wy.
Well, after closer investigation I think Jackson Hole would be a bad idea as I found only extremely expensive RV parks. We didn't buy a motor home to spend 100+ per night for a space. Sorry, I should have check prices first.
Old 03-12-2020, 07:52 PM   #1460

Model: Gemini 23TW
State: Alaska
THOR #14358
Mountain Sam,
Thor says 3500 lb. towing and the price is at $80K

Tags
cutout, dinette, modification, murphy bed, opening, wall