Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class B & B+ Motorhomes
Click Here to Login

Old 10-14-2018, 10:32 PM   #661
I Think We're Lost!

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
With a 5,000 pound hitch: you certainly could...
But I'd imagine that a lighter weight vehicle would be easier on the rig.

Bob Denman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 01:28 AM   #662

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Arizona
THOR #13161
Tow behind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
With a 5,000 pound hitch: you certainly could...
But I'd imagine that a lighter weight vehicle would be easier on the rig.
Agreed, but I already have the Wrangler, I think I might have to get a smaller tow behind the coach vehicle.
Old 10-15-2018, 03:09 AM   #663

THOR #13161
Jensen JWM6A

I removed my Jensen from the panel and there was a HDMI cable connected, I traced it back to the central distribution cabinet above the frig, I cannot get my TV's to play audio through the Jensen system, I also saw a set of RCA cables plugged into the input for the AUX, does anyone know where the other end terminate?
Old 10-15-2018, 11:55 AM   #664
I Think We're Lost!

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
Quote:
Originally Posted by vngaspar View Post
Agreed, but I already have the Wrangler, I think I might have to get a smaller tow behind the coach vehicle.
If it's already set up for towing: give it a try, and see how it works...
(I've been a "Jeep-a-holic" for 46 years... )
Bob Denman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2018, 04:03 AM   #665

THOR #13161
Tow behindw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
If it's already set up for towing: give it a try, and see how it works...
(I've been a "Jeep-a-holic" for 46 years... )
We have a YJ,TJ,and 2 JKU's I wanted to tow the JKU, but I think the 5cyl will struggle, it has a hard time keeping 70MPH on a 6% grade up to 6000ft.

I have been testing with the chip express piggy back, but it doesn't see to really be doing much.

I was going to upgrade to some Alcoa aluminum wheels next, its a little better for the un sprung weight, but unfortunately it won't help much with climbing up steep grades
Old 10-17-2018, 12:25 PM   #666

Model: Compass 24TB
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #10629
towing

Hi all,

I tow a boat about 3000lbs ish Rv tows very well but...
Its very rpm sensitive It reaches it torque peak and thats about it. It doesn't matter if its loaded or empty I would be willing to bet it pulls about the same speed up the mountain empty as loaded

I also tow with a colorado diesel It acts much the same way. It like running a governor plenty of power and then it stops pulling. You get used to it.

Its appears the torque maxes out at the 50mph mark so... if thats your speed then you are good to go

Kevin
Old 10-18-2018, 07:11 PM   #667

THOR #13005
2019 Gemini Has control switch for gray/black tank heater, but when pressed does not light up. Can someone please school me on gray/black heater switch? Also, any safety issues with using trickle charger for starting battery when, not is use for a period of time? Thank You.
Old 10-18-2018, 08:03 PM   #668

Model: Gemini 23TR
State: California
THOR #6701
Gemini 23 TR here. My switches have no lights. And if they did I would think they might only light when the heater thermostat closed at around 40 degrees or so. As far as the trickle charger I think that would be fine but while in storage if it were mine I would run the generator for an hour or so each month to keep all batteries topped off.
Old 10-27-2018, 02:08 AM   #669

Model: Compass 23TK
State: Indiana
THOR #10919
Yes this is the way to go. I bought one of these through Amazon for the same price and its one of those must have items. Have never spilled a drop. Well maybe a few but not too many.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul N View Post
FYI

It is much easier if you use the Motorcraft Nozzle attachment (see photo) that you purchase along with the Motorcraft DEF fluid at a Ford Dealer or elsewhere. The nozzle is less than $10 and is basically fool proof as long as you use it properly.
Old 10-27-2018, 02:47 AM   #670

THOR #10919
I recently emailed Thor about the location of my water pump and low drain points as I am getting ready to winterize. They replied and also included this model specific drawing of the Thor 23TK Compass water system. Which was great. So model specific drawings do exist. Wondering if there is a way to get drawings like these without asking.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf compass tk water schematic.pdf (411.4 KB, 126 views)
Old 10-27-2018, 02:52 AM   #671

THOR #10919
They also sent this model specific drawing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis123 View Post
I recently emailed Thor about the location of my water pump and low drain points as I am getting ready to winterize. They replied and also included this model specific drawing of the Thor 23TK Compass water system. Which was great. So model specific drawings do exist. Wondering if there is a way to get drawings like these without asking.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf HKA69114(2).pdf (143.3 KB, 67 views)
Old 10-27-2018, 03:00 AM   #672

THOR #10919
On our second trip with our 23TK this summer I started the engine to let it warm up a bit and had one last chore, retract the awning. It would not retract. Panic struck in. My wife solved the problem when she suggested shutting off the engine. Live and learn. Apparently the awning control is interlocked not to run when the engine running.
Old 10-27-2018, 03:08 AM   #673

THOR #10919
When we took a test drive before buying our 23TK I noticed that the display was dropping out at times also. They said they would take care of it and after taking delivery and 6 road trips it has never done that again. But sorry, do not know what they did to correct the issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadepfan View Post
LOL! Until I saw these posts, I did not even know I had a remote for the mirror!. I found it, but I think the battery may be dead because when pushing buttons, including the power, the light at the end does not light up.

We have been having trouble with out rear camera display as well. It would sometimes flicker, sometimes go out and come on again later. On our last trip, it would go out and the light on the right would come on, then I would push the power button, and the light on the right would go out, but the camera would come on for a short period of time. Then the camera would go out again and the right light would come on again. Now, nothing happens at all, no matter what we do.

Does anyone know what the two lights (right and left) on the sides of the power button mean?

Dave
Old 10-27-2018, 03:27 AM   #674

THOR #10919
That is what my dealer told me also. In all other modes the switch should be on to allow the batteries to charge. In the condition you list, you turn it off to minimize the chance of draining the batteries due to anything on the RV even slightly drawing being able to drain them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieGeek View Post
Consensus is: Always in Use except for 1 condition: storing without being plugged in.
Old 10-27-2018, 03:33 AM   #675

THOR #10919
Have not been here for awhile so getting all my latent questions in.
On the sales literature for my 2018 Compass it says it is solar ready. When means to me there should be somewhere to easily connect the wires to the solar panel. As of this writing I have not noticed any such connection point other than attaching directly to the batteries. I was thinking of using a panel mainly as a trickle charger when the RV is not in use.
Old 10-28-2018, 01:13 AM   #676

Model: Compass 23TB
State: British Columbia
THOR #13560
Just signed my papers...

Literally just got back from the afternoon of paperwork signing and insurance etc...ridiculously excited about entering this whole new world of RV'ing. Take delivery in two weeks after they install solar panels and take care of all the things I noted in my inspection (mostly cosmetic!) This is my first motor home, and can't wait to get out and play! Luckily we have such a temperate climate here in southwest BC that I will be able to get out and play this winter!!!!!!
Old 10-28-2018, 01:47 AM   #677
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by soarin76 View Post
Literally just got back from the afternoon of paperwork signing and insurance etc...ridiculously excited about entering this whole new world of RV'ing. Take delivery in two weeks after they install solar panels and take care of all the things I noted in my inspection (mostly cosmetic!) This is my first motor home, and can't wait to get out and play! Luckily we have such a temperate climate here in southwest BC that I will be able to get out and play this winter!!!!!!
Congratulations and welcome.
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2018, 03:21 AM   #678

Model: 2018 Compass 23TR
State: Michigan
THOR #11426
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis123 View Post
Have not been here for awhile so getting all my latent questions in.
On the sales literature for my 2018 Compass it says it is solar ready. When means to me there should be somewhere to easily connect the wires to the solar panel. As of this writing I have not noticed any such connection point other than attaching directly to the batteries. I was thinking of using a panel mainly as a trickle charger when the RV is not in use.
Dennis123,
We also have 2018 Compass,and were told it was “solar ready”...turns out there is a plug in on the roof, presumably for roof mounted solar panel. MC4 connector, I believe. Not exactly easily accessible, since the 23TR doesn’t have a ladder☹️
Old 10-28-2018, 03:50 AM   #679

THOR #10919
Explains why I have not seen the plug. I plan to be on the roof to check out the top soon, so will look for it. Not that I will probably ever use it. But you never know.
Old 10-28-2018, 04:42 PM   #680

Model: Gemini
State: Louisiana
THOR #13359
Having a Gemini 23tb camera flickers and will go out. Finally came back on. Seems as i hit bump in road it would flicker. At dealers.

Tags
cutout, dinette, modification, murphy bed, opening, wall