Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class B & B+ Motorhomes
Click Here to Login

Old 02-04-2019, 01:35 AM   #841

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Compass 24TX
State: Kentucky
THOR #7036
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainsam View Post
Nancy is correct except my duplex receptical is one the drivers side
I solved the problem of having the USB charger only on the driver side of the bed by installing and wiring in this on the other side.

RUPSE Dual USB Charger Socket Mount Marine with Wires 12 Volt Motorcycle Boat Rv Truck Car Plug Power Outlet https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01GV0PXA4/ref=cm_sw_r_fm_taa_By5vCb4T1YR0J

Old 02-04-2019, 01:49 AM   #842

Model: 2017 Gemini 23TR
State: British Columbia
THOR #5922
Quote:
Originally Posted by RDC54 View Post
PennyT,
Here are a few photos to illustrate .....

Now, can anyone tell me where to find the low point drains for my rig? Maybe post a picture?
Good pictures RDC54! I wish my freshwater tank drain was located in there (as in your pictures) but in my year/model it is in the tiny compartment behind the false wall of the rear storage area....not so easy to get to;-(

Sorry, no pictures at the moment.... my low point drains are floor level under the microwave. You can remove the wood veneer panel located just below the microwave. As I recall it clips on at the top (pull top edge away and down). You can also see them by pulling the low drawer out (looking to your right).
Nancy
Old 02-04-2019, 02:09 AM   #843

THOR #7036
Quote:
I dont think I would just start changing screws unless necessary. These MH's have a history of screws not holding and it is possible, no probable, that you will strip many in the process. If you start changing them be sure you use some glue to help secure the new ones. And it would be a good idea to switch with one sized larger where possible. I would also buy them as I need them.

For cabinet doors there are a few good ideas for securing the hinges better. I used 1/4-20 SS stove bolts and fancy washers. Didn't have to remove the cabinet doors to do it.

As far as tools go, a small tool box with an assortment of screw drivers, a cordless driver or drill with an assortment of tips, 3 or 4 styles of plyers, wire cutters, tape measure, voltage tester, zip ties and as Bob Denman says, a platinum master card.
http://www.thorforums.com/forums/att...1&d=1549152532
That seems to be a good solution for the cabinet doors, and looks good too. Where did you get the hardware you used?
Old 02-04-2019, 02:15 AM   #844

Model: 2018 Compass 23TR
State: Michigan
THOR #11426
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmcmilla View Post
Good pictures RDC54! I wish my freshwater tank drain was located in there (as in your pictures) but in my year/model it is in the tiny compartment behind the false wall of the rear storage area....not so easy to get to;-(

Sorry, no pictures at the moment.... my low point drains are floor level under the microwave. You can remove the wood veneer panel located just below the microwave. As I recall it clips on at the top (pull top edge away and down). You can also see them by pulling the low drawer out (looking to your right).
Nancy
Wow, the location of your freshwater tank drain sounds way more complicated than it should be! Guess we lucked out on this one.

Thanks for the ideas about where to find the low point drains. Something that was never mentioned in our orientation (and I didn’t know enough at the time to ask!). Oh well, I’ll put it on my list of things to explore come spring! So grateful for this forum!!!
Old 02-04-2019, 04:26 AM   #845

Model: Gemini 23TR
State: California
THOR #6701
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gladinwj View Post
That seems to be a good solution for the cabinet doors, and looks good too. Where did you get the hardware you used?
local Ace hardware store. About five bucks per door. I drilled a small 1/8" pilot hole from the back side to mark the proper place to drill from the front. Then I drilled from each direction with a 1/4" bit to avoid ripout. The red bottle is lock tight. I used just a small drop on each bolt. After installing the bolts I removed the factory screws therefore there were no lineup issues.

http://www.thorforums.com/forums/att...1&d=1549254249
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2811.jpg
Views:	165
Size:	101.8 KB
ID:	15513  
Old 02-04-2019, 02:20 PM   #846

Model: 2018 Compass 23TR
THOR #11426
Ice storm!!!

Not very nice here this morning!!! Another day I’ll be dreaming of warmer temperatures!
Attached Images

Old 02-04-2019, 02:47 PM   #847
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.4
THOR #1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by RDC54 View Post
Not very nice here this morning!!! Another day I’ll be dreaming of warmer temperatures!
No ice storm in Southeastern Michigan; in fact it may go up to 60F! with thunderstorms.

Our ice storm is forecast for Wednesday.

ah! Stay safe!
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 03:38 AM   #848

THOR #7036
Quote:
local Ace hardware store. About five bucks per door. I drilled a small 1/8" pilot hole from the back side to mark the proper place to drill from the front. Then I drilled from each direction with a 1/4" bit to avoid ripout. The red bottle is lock tight. I used just a small drop on each bolt. After installing the bolts I removed the factory screws therefore there were no lineup issues.

http://www.thorforums.com/forums/att...1&d=1549254249

Thanks!
Old 02-09-2019, 01:14 PM   #849

Model: Gemini 24TX
State: Washington
THOR #14302
The Aluminum bi-fold ladder was a gift. I have seen them at Lowes. Sure came in handy when I needed to brush the snow off my bedroom awning the other night. burr

Apparently Thor keeps re-Engineering the plumbing withe is different models and years. Mine is certainly different from the 23T. My Gemini is 2018 24TX The dump pipe out is fixed straight position, it does not rotate or bend. The drain whole is in the front right corner. There is no plumbing from black/gray drain to it. Gravity is the main issue. it just doesn't flow out well across the level basement.

BTW my low point drains are accessed from the basement under the outside TV.
Old 02-09-2019, 06:20 PM   #850
I Think We're Lost!

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
Is your TX on a different chassis?
They use both the Sprinter, and Transit versions...
Bob Denman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2019, 08:01 PM   #851

Model: Gemini 24TX
State: Washington
THOR #14302
Bob I really don't know what the chassis is. When I clicked the code reader is said Sprinter 906. Mercedes-Benz® Sprinter Chassis with 3.0L V6, 188HP & 325 lb.-ft. Torque 24TX.
Old 02-10-2019, 05:08 PM   #852

Model: Gemini
State: Alabama
THOR #7475
Ok 2017 Gemini owners.
Been getting dizzy researching replacement of jackknife couch with reclining couch . (Picture love seat w left and right reclining) any body else do it ? My width is 64 inches max, (can be smaller). Have about 5' folded out , w space 4" from counter. Also 22" entry door. Any suggestions?
Thanks.
Old 02-10-2019, 10:52 PM   #853

THOR #6701
JD,

what model do you have? I don't know if you could do it if you have a model without the side slide.??? I have the 23TR and I had measurements once for the recliners and came to the conclusion that they would hit the sink cabinet.

There have been several do the change on other models so if you do a search you will find some info.
Old 02-10-2019, 10:58 PM   #854
I Think We're Lost!

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
Quote:
Originally Posted by PennyT View Post
Bob I really don't know what the chassis is. When I clicked the code reader is said Sprinter 906. Mercedes-Benz® Sprinter Chassis with 3.0L V6, 188HP & 325 lb.-ft. Torque 24TX.
H
Hi Penny,
The Gemini TB & TW models are on the Ford Sprinter chassis.
Your TX, and the TF model are the the Mercedes Sprinter 3500 chassis.

If you were trying to compare the setup in yours, to a rig that has been built on a different brand chassis: all bets are off...
Bob Denman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 12:33 AM   #855

THOR #6701
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdkirk View Post
Ok 2017 Gemini owners.
Been getting dizzy researching replacement of jackknife couch with reclining couch . (Picture love seat w left and right reclining) any body else do it ? My width is 64 inches max, (can be smaller). Have about 5' folded out , w space 4" from counter. Also 22" entry door. Any suggestions?
Thanks.
It me again. Dont know if you looked at RECPRO. they have a 58" recliner set that may be workable and also Erochairs look like a possibility. Now you have me back to thinking about it. Should be a pretty easy 1/2 day project
Old 02-11-2019, 12:44 AM   #856

THOR #7475
Thanks for the info, I'll check it out. [emoji106]
Old 02-11-2019, 01:08 AM   #857

THOR #6701
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdkirk View Post
Thanks for the info, I'll check it out. [emoji106]
Sorry, I had to edit my last post . The name of the company is RECPRO
Old 02-11-2019, 01:18 AM   #858

Model: 2017 Gemini 23TR
State: British Columbia
THOR #5922
Quote:
It me again. Dont know if you looked at RECPRO. they have a 58" recliner set that may be workable and also Erochairs look like a possibility. Now you have me back to thinking about it. Should be a pretty easy 1/2 day project
Hi mountainsam and jdkirk, I'll be interested in this project turns out. I think my couch is fine for now (and it's not on a slide so space is an issue) but will be putting this on my "a little farther out" to-do-list.
I imagine you have seen this article: https://www.reclinercize.com/rv-recliners/ Nancy
Old 02-11-2019, 02:08 AM   #859

THOR #7475
I'm in central Illinois, currently nasty frigid weather. But, plan on this being done within next couple months. Also have to remeasure everything a dozen more times. No slide out, only 22" door opening. 58 " Recpro seems the way to go. We plan on a couple of weeks primitive camping this summer so......gotta be comfortable. I will post pictures to let everyone see how it turns out. Thanks again everyone.
Old 02-17-2019, 12:40 AM   #860

THOR #6701
OK, I did what I said I wasn't going to do. I ordered a wheel for the spare tire I all ready have.
During a spring cleaning a couple weeks ago I removed the wheel caps and cleaned the wheels. When I put the caps back on I pinched one of the valve stems under the cap and tightened down the locking nuts. Well yesterday I noticed a very low tire. I aired it up and drove to the tire store, had a new valve stem inserted and drove home. This morning the tire was flat. So I aired it up and back to the tire store.
Turns out the extension was damaged and thats where the air was escaping. So now on the hunt for a new set of extensions. After two flats in two days I decided to order the rim for the rimless spare we carry under the sofa. If we had been on the road this would have caused two road service callouts.
I guess I should next invest in one of those swing down hitch mounted spare carriers. I have only heard of one person going that route. Has anyone else tried one out? It seems to be the most obvious choice with the rear bedroom slide. I don't think I want to drag a mounted spare in and out from under the sofa.
http://www.thorforums.com/forums/att...1&d=1550364018
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	fullsizeoutput_6c5.jpg
Views:	196
Size:	64.8 KB
ID:	15732  

Tags
cutout, dinette, modification, murphy bed, opening, wall