Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class B & B+ Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-07-2017, 05:53 PM   #21

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Gemini
State: Washington
THOR #4766
Thanks, these look very useful. Odd that Thor has yet publish a model specific manual for the Compass/Gemini. The generic Thor manual the came with mine is virtually useless.

Old 02-07-2017, 07:27 PM   #22

Model: Chateau 24FS
State: Georgia
THOR #5981
JamieGeek: you are correct. I removed the docs.
Old 02-07-2017, 07:46 PM   #23

Model: Axis 25.3
State: California
THOR #2526
Quote:
Originally Posted by jabrashear View Post
Camping world sells a nice thick memory foam topper for the mattress which is a queen size. My wife and I thought the Gemini's mattress was too thin also. After we put the memory foam on the bed, we have been sleeping very well. I highly recommend it.
We got our gel topper from Costco.
Baddad53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2017, 08:28 PM   #24

Model: 2015 Vegas 24.1
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #2601
I was so discussed with the generic manual when I bought my 2015 Vegas 24.1, I compiled and wrote my own manual based on comments on this forum and other forums. Here is a link to that manual: https://1drv.ms/w/s!AiYx6DLSeiiP6UNyy_VYGDO0BW6L.

I have shared this manual with almost 1000 folks. You might find sections of it useful for your Compass/Gemini (and I do have info in it on the tank-less water heater because Thor is now putting it in Vegas/Axis).

Included in that manual is a list of all the schematics and construction drawings I received from Thor. The drawing number will not coincide with the drawings for your Compass/Gemini; however, there should be comparable drawings with the same names. You can obtain the drawings from Thor by going to the Thor Motor Coach website/Owners/Contact Customer Care section. Fill out the form and be sure to include the model year, model name, and VIN for your coach. Usually Thor will send you an email with the drawing .PDF files attached in a couple of days. Here is the link to the Customer Care section: https://thormotorcoach.com/customer-care/

Here is the list of drawings:
• TCS0114-08 Layout, Chassis, Ford
• DOC021615-004(1) – Dash Radio Harness
• TDW0195-00 – Sewer Termination
• TDW0230-04 – Sewer Layout
• TEE00135 1 26 12 – Radio Pigtail
• TEE1071 – Battery Schematic
• TEE1287-0 11151 – 110VAC & 12VDC Layout
• TEE288-00 11151 – Coach Harness
• TEE1312-01 11151 – Dash Harness
• TEW0410 – End Wall
• TFP0242-01 – Floor plan
• TFW0117 – Fresh Water Layout
• THL0079-01 – Heat Layout
• THL0126-00 – Dash HVAC Layout
• TLP0084-03 – Manifold Liquid Propane
• TRF0385-04 – Roof
• TSL0078-02 – Layout Safety
• TTL0103-03 – Layout Trunk
• TWL0767 – Left Wall
• TWL0872 – Right Wall
2015 Vegas 24.1 (E-350)
bevedfelker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 02:20 AM   #25

Model: Thor Axis
State: Mississippi
THOR #6203
My Gerard tankless hot water heater isn't producing hot or warm water for that matter!
I have the temp set at 115* , I'm using the fresh water tank and my batteries are fully charged!
I've read through this tread as well as others but I can't find a solution. Is it possible that there is a reset button or something similar that I'm missing?
( I read the owners manual but didn't find any answers there either)
Old 04-02-2017, 02:36 AM   #26

Model: Hurricane 29M
State: New York
THOR #5875
Quote:
Originally Posted by sforl View Post
My Gerard tankless hot water heater isn't producing hot or warm water for that matter!
I have the temp set at 115* , I'm using the fresh water tank and my batteries are fully charged!
I've read through this tread as well as others but I can't find a solution. Is it possible that there is a reset button or something similar that I'm missing?
( I read the owners manual but didn't find any answers there either)
There is a switch inside the water heater access door (located outside on the driver side) that has to be turned on, our tech made sure to point this out during our PDI because they had it turned off for winterization.
Old 04-02-2017, 02:50 AM   #27

THOR #6203
Upnyfolks thanks I'll check that out tomorrow!
I'm beginning to think the tech that did my PDI didn't know what he was doing! I've discovered several things that he told me that weren't correct! For instance, he told me there was no way to drain the fresh water tank and I found out today that was not factual. He also didn't know how to operate the night shade adjuster ( I think that's what it's called) and I still have no idea how to do it. It goes down about 10" and stops!
Old 04-02-2017, 12:10 PM   #28

Model: Siesta Sprinter 24SV
State: Arkansas
THOR #6932
Girard tankless water heater

We have had problems with our water heater on our new Siesta Sprinter 24sv. Water was hot/cold. Sometimes it wasn't working at all. Water pressure definitely plays a part in the effectiveness of this system. We had a water pressure regulator on our connection to city water hookup, as was recommended. After removing this, the heater seems to work ok.
Old 04-05-2017, 12:36 AM   #29

THOR #6203
I took my Axis back to the dealer today toget my Progresive EMS installed and to find out what was wrongwithmy water heater.
It turns out that the water heater is fine but the water pump is the problem. The water pump works but is weak and doesn't produce a consistent flow. The service tech at CW said it could take up to two weeks for them to get Thor to approve the repair and get the replacement water pump!
I'm hoping that all my travels won't be to and from CW . :-)
Old 04-21-2017, 12:32 AM   #30

Model: Gemini 23TR
THOR #6701
[QUOTE=tmikea;57378]

If I run hot water at the bathroom sink (which always give good hot water) at about a pencil thickness, then when running the kitchen sink or shower, they do better at being consistently hot...but this can cause gray tank to fill up too quickly and wastes fresh water if you are camping dry, etc.[/QUOT E]

Sounds to me you need more volume through the heater. We have a tankless water heater in our home and it works well as long as we don't restrict the water flow too much. You may want to fill the fresh water tank and use the pump for a few days and see if that preforming better. Also check any faucet screens you may have including the hose connection.
Old 04-21-2017, 12:38 AM   #31

Model: Axis 25.3
THOR #2526
Quote:
Originally Posted by sforl View Post
I took my Axis back to the dealer today toget my Progresive EMS installed and to find out what was wrongwithmy water heater.
It turns out that the water heater is fine but the water pump is the problem. The water pump works but is weak and doesn't produce a consistent flow. The service tech at CW said it could take up to two weeks for them to get Thor to approve the repair and get the replacement water pump!
I'm hoping that all my travels won't be to and from CW . :-)
Two weeks is because CW is incompetent.
Baddad53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 12:54 AM   #32

Model: Gemini 24TX (Formerly)
THOR #5821
The Girard tankless takes some getting used to, even if its working correctly. Ours seems to work ok, but compared to a hot water tank, its IMO idiosyncratic. Apparently using the water stop button on the shower head, confuses the heater, which in our case errors out and will not restart so I got to finish one shower with cold water. Not using that button, seems to be the answer to avoiding that issue.
Old 04-21-2017, 01:07 AM   #33

Model: 2017 Windsport 29M
State: Indiana
THOR #5196
No offense to anyone, but with all the problems people seem to be having I'm glad I don't have a tankless heater. In a sticks and bricks I can understand the advantage of a tankless, not in a MH.
Old 04-21-2017, 03:14 PM   #34

THOR #5821
Quote:
Originally Posted by FL-AR View Post
We have had problems with our water heater on our new Siesta Sprinter 24sv. Water was hot/cold. Sometimes it wasn't working at all. Water pressure definitely plays a part in the effectiveness of this system. We had a water pressure regulator on our connection to city water hookup, as was recommended. After removing this, the heater seems to work ok.
Not sure its a good idea to run without a regulator, some parks can really have water pressure spikes. I use an adjustable regulator, and have it adjusted to between 50 - 55. Lower than that, water heater can be flakey, at that setting, it seems to work fairly well.
Old 04-21-2017, 03:19 PM   #35

THOR #5821
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperD View Post
No offense to anyone, but with all the problems people seem to be having I'm glad I don't have a tankless heater. In a sticks and bricks I can understand the advantage of a tankless, not in a MH.
The big advantage, when it is working, you never run out of hot water, very nice in the shower, especially if multiple people are showering one after another. Having said that, I have mixed feelings, it saves weight, seems to use LP very frugally, but like any newish device, it can be buggy.
Old 04-21-2017, 04:23 PM   #36
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laco
The big advantage, when it is working, you never run out of hot water, very nice in the shower, especially if multiple people are showering one after another. Having said that, I have mixed feelings, it saves weight, seems to use LP very frugally, but like any newish device, it can be buggy.
We've had that issue in prior campers: Shower too soon after the previous person and its cold.

Haven't had that problem in the Axs as of yet, its tank water heater seems to recover pretty quick.
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 08:36 PM   #37

Model: Siesta Sprinter 24SV
State: Arkansas
THOR #6932
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laco View Post
Not sure its a good idea to run without a regulator, some parks can really have water pressure spikes. I use an adjustable regulator, and have it adjusted to between 50 - 55. Lower than that, water heater can be flakey, at that setting, it seems to work fairly well.
Laco- You are correct! Thanks for the reminder that leaving the pressure regulator off is not a good idea. Ordered an adjustable water pressure regulator today! Thanks for the info.
Old 06-29-2017, 04:06 PM   #38

Model: Compass
State: Washington
THOR #7270
Compass no hot water in kitchen when using water pump

I am able to get hot water in the bathroom after replacing shower head.But can't get it to work in kitchen when using water pump. Has anyone found a fix? Can you adjust the water flow at the water pump? Even without the nozzle on the kitchen faucet the heater doesn't come on although the flow seems fine. I was also thinking it may be the faucet type, since it doesn't have separate hot and cold control. Perhaps even though I am turning the controls all the way to hot is the faucet still mixing hot and clod preventing the water heater from reaching the required hot water flow to come on? Any suggestion most appreciated.
Old 06-29-2017, 09:06 PM   #39

THOR #6203
With my Axis the only way I can get hot water is to have the pressure on my water pressure regulator set to 54 psi. Anything less and it doesn't heat!
Even then in order to get hot water in the kitchen or vice versa the bath is to turn on both the kitchen and bath faucets and let them both run for a few minutes. Only then will the water temp rise to the thermostat setting!
Seems silly to do it this way especially since these tankless heaters are suppose to save water!
Hope this helps!
Old 06-29-2017, 09:11 PM   #40

THOR #6203
Sorry I just noticed you were using the water pump not city water! Still the same work around applies, turn on both faucets, allow to run, then check water temp!
FYI I purchased my 2017 Axis March 31 and had the water pump replaced in less than a month! If your pump pulsates the tankless water heater will not function properly due to lack of consistent flow!