Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class A Motor Coach
Click Here to Login

Old 08-31-2019, 07:33 PM   #21

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Palazzo 36.1 Diesel
State: Michigan
THOR #12671
Tpms wiring

I used the booster that came in the package, removed the original connectors and added alligator clips, then just tapped into one of the 12 volt chassis batter. Always on.

Old 08-31-2019, 08:33 PM   #22

Brand: Still Looking
State: North Carolina
THOR #6994
I have used Good Sam Roadside Assistance twice and I was very pleased with their service. Both times were for flat tires. They were responsive and stayed in touch with me until the problem was fixed. One time was in a somewhat busy city and the other was out on a rural road.
Old 09-01-2019, 12:36 AM   #23

State: Ohio
THOR #8131
We have Good Sam Roadside assistance-had to have our motorhome towed 3 times in 2012–very happy with their service—had to have our Ranger truck towed this year—friends of ours had to have a tire change due to a blowout on their motor home Experiences were all positive!
Old 09-01-2019, 04:38 AM   #24

Model: Challenger 37BT
State: North Carolina
THOR #11321
Folks with anything from Camping World, and Good Sam may want to start making other arrangements ! CAMPING WORLD STOCK closed at around $7.32 yesterday ! It was at over $32 just over 2 years ago !
If you have a GS Extended Service Plan you'll be left holding a EMPTY bag if CW tanks !
I read a article yesterday that said CW was selling off some of the Midwestern Outdoor Stores it bought up, and may be about to sell, or close some of the Gander Outdoor stores.
They just started a Desperation, 99 cent Down Payment sale on RV's

Stay tuned Sports fans this could get U G L Y !
Old 09-01-2019, 04:47 AM   #25

Model: Serrano
State: Florida
THOR #8144
I've had Allstate MotorClub for over 20 years, with excellent service for both personal vehicles and the RV. Have had them come out to change tires and even for a tow on my last RV when i had a blowout and carried no spare. Covers ANY vehicle that I or my wife may be in at the time (doesn't have to be our vehicles). Will start with the top tier coverage for intro price around $89.
Old 09-02-2019, 12:07 AM   #26

Model: 2017 Quantum
State: California
THOR #9015
We just declined to renew Good Sam and switched to AAA.

We have had AAA roadside service on our cars for 30 plus years and every time we have used them (every few years) we have been very satisfied. They seem to have a great network of service vendors / vehicles and have always responded within an hour.

When we got the renewal notice from Good Sam and it was a bit unclear as to what we were actually renewing and what services were included. We called for some clarifications and the person we spoke to was not really knowledgeable and seemed to be guessing about things even though they have us in their system as a current customer.

Camping world has not impressed me and since Good Sam is now owned by them we just were not feeling it for the renewal. The phone call just reinforced that.

I do not remember the AAA cost but I do know it seemed reasonable when we added it to our existing car coverage.

Yes the no cost towing range was a bit limited - I believe it was 200 miles first incident and then 100 miles for every instance after that. That seemed like it would work for us in most cases and if not we would just have to go out of pocket to make up the difference.
Old 09-02-2019, 01:08 AM   #27

THOR #3538
Coach net

We had good Sam tried twice to get help only a battery jump. No joy there. A repair guy told us about coach net bought it and needed it on my way home. Coach net was fabulous called several times while we waited for tow. Don’t know about AAA but coach net is top notch
Old 09-02-2019, 02:26 AM   #28
Site Team

Model: ACE 27.1
THOR #7035
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yvonnemarc View Post
Read the fine print. Motorized campers (RVs) are not covered by the basic Good Sam Roadside Assistance. But they’ll certainly sell it to you. Found out our dealer didn’t know it didn’t cover RVs. They sell it with every camper and didn’t even think to check RVs. They do sell a more expensive one that covers RVs but most insurance policies cover roadside assistance for small money. Good Sam is ~ $129/ yr. it’s included in my Progressive Ins for $16.
When I bought my USED MH from our local CW it included a 3 year Elite GS membership and a 2 year RSA membership "at no additional cost". This was not a selling point as we didn't even know about this until we were signing the check and closing paperwork.

Both a trailer and a MH/Coach are RVs. So are teardrops. The differential in GS RSA coverage plans is "Towable" or "Self-propelled" RVs.

The "introductory" price for GS RSA is $130 for towables (on sale now for $65) and $160 for MHs (on sale now for $80).

The RENEWAL price for MHs is $230.
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2019, 09:42 AM   #29

Model: Axis 25.2
State: Colorado
THOR #15515
Thanks for all the response. We decided to renew our AAA. The few times we used them they were great. We were just trying to save a few dollars.
Old 09-09-2019, 06:12 PM   #30

Model: Vegas 24.1
State: Washington
THOR #10717
Hi,
This is a great topic- thanks for posting the info.

Right now I have USAA for my 2 vehicles and Progressive for the RV.
It seems like from the discussions- any company (USAA, Progressive, Good Sam, AAA) just contracts out with pritty much anyone for road side assistance. So it seems that you can just easily compare prices since the service will be the same from any provider.

Has anyone looked into the relative costs for having road side assitance for their entire fleet (cars and RV). I would want roadside assistance for my two vehicles and the RV.

Thanks
Old 09-09-2019, 06:39 PM   #31

Model: Serrano
THOR #8144
Gte534j,
Please refer to my previous post above (#25). My Allstate Motor Club membership covers ANY vehicle that I, or my wife, is driving. BTW- I don't have Allstate Insurance on any of my vehicles or home. The Motor Club membership has nothing to do with insurance.
Old 09-10-2019, 02:08 AM   #32
gmc

Model: Hurricane 32A
THOR #2829
Quote:
Originally Posted by gte534j View Post
Hi,

This is a great topic- thanks for posting the info.

Right now I have USAA for my 2 vehicles and Progressive for the RV.

It seems like from the discussions- any company (USAA, Progressive, Good Sam, AAA) just contracts out with pritty much anyone for road side assistance. So it seems that you can just easily compare prices since the service will be the same from any provider.

Has anyone looked into the relative costs for having road side assitance for their entire fleet (cars and RV). I would want roadside assistance for my two vehicles and the RV.

Thanks
Good Sams Roadside covers all my vehicles... It’s more than comparing prices... It how far they will tow, and what equipment they will pay for - both more important (in my view) when an RV is included. May need to be towed further than a car to get to a suitable service center... and may need a second rig for extraction as examples.
AAA fell short in both of these areas (was over 30 year member before getting RV.)
2014 Hurricane 32A
2000 Infinity (previous)
gmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 08:01 PM   #33

Model: Vegas 24.1
State: Washington
THOR #10717
Thanks for the help/info.
I just decided to add roadside assistance for the RV through progressive ($25/year) and I have it for two cars through USAA ($40/year). The coverage seems about the same, they tow you to closest place, help with flat tire/etc. This total cost was slightly less than AAA which was around $80-$90 i think.
I just decided to stick w/ my insurance as i didnt want to deal with a seperate company.
Old 09-10-2019, 11:42 PM   #34

THOR #8131
We upgraded to the platinum good Sam road side service-it covers any vehicle that my husband or I drive-even if it doesn’t belong to us. Fortunately we have only had to use it for two of our own vehicles. Our motor home broke down in South Carolina on a holiday weekend-the repair facility wouldn’t be open until Tuesday so they towed us into a campground so that we could hookup to water and electric for the weekend—then came back and towed us to the repair facility on Tuesday—the repair facility spent 3 hours looking at our motor home and said they were unable to do the work/since they were unable to fix our problem, there was no charge. My husband did some research and called our roadside service again which towed us about 100 miles to Loves Chevrolet. Loves treated us like royalty-had to order parts and allowed us to hook up to electric and stay in our camper on their grounds. They had breakfast donuts and popcorn at no charge-they had a small theatre and movies we could watch—they had massage chairs available for us to use-they offered to take us anywhere we wanted to go in the area and offered to pick us up when we were done—all of this at no charge. We did have parts and labor charges to pay—they gave us business hats and T-shirt’s at no charge. We were prepared to go to a motel due to holding tank being full and no dump available but the repairs were made just in time so we didn’t have to go to a motel. We were not towing an extra vehicle at the time—that will not happen again. We got on the road and headed home but had another problem when we went to refuel in West Virginia and had to be towed agaiin to another repair facility—we lost quite a lot of our fuel due to an honest mistake at Loves—Loves reimbursed us for the loss—we finally made it home to Ohio and never saw any bills for any of the tows. We decided that we will never be without the good Sam road side assistance—and will never travel again without a toad! The last time we had to be towed was this past year when we were out locally with my husbands ranger truck—called good Sam roadside assistance again and they were able to tow the truck to a local facility for repairs—again the tow was 100% covered. I know this is a long post—but we were treated quite well and have no complaints about our roadside assistance through good Sam.
Old 09-14-2019, 12:30 PM   #35

Model: Gemini TK
State: Nova Scotia
THOR #14078
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandrooney View Post
We have AAA Plus coverage and Good Sam is less money. Anyone have any experience with Good Sam?
Thanks a lot,
Kevin
Have had Good Sam for six years. Used it a few times when I had a 1987 Westfalia. Also used once when had a flat with 2010 PleasureWay. The service was excellent and not a penny exchanged. The Plan covered everything. Hopefully won’t have to use it with my Gemini, but feel good knowing that if I need to, I can count it.
Old 09-15-2019, 10:27 PM   #36
I Think We're Lost!

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
It's one of those things you buy; that you hope to never use!
Kind of like Life Insurance...
Bob Denman is offline   Reply With Quote