Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class A Motor Coach
Click Here to Login

Old 10-30-2017, 11:36 AM   #1

Brand: Cruiser
Model: Viewfinder VS32RLS
State: Tennessee
THOR #9613
ACE 29.4 Owners

We really like the ACE 29.4 but wondering about room with slides in. 29.4 owners can you walk from front to rear without problems with slides in? Not a dealer close that has one in stock to look at. I'm sure the bed is against the closets, but what about the front? could you pass between couch and dinette? Can you get in and out of fridge and bathroom? Thanks for your info.

Old 10-30-2017, 12:00 PM   #2

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2017 Windsport 29M
State: Indiana
THOR #5196
Don’t have an ACE but did look at the 29.4 and yes you can use bathroom and fridge with slide closed. Walking room is narrow but not bad to navigate. You can get to everything with the slide closed except the closet and dresser.
Old 10-30-2017, 12:28 PM   #3
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Typically motorhomes in general have room inside when the slides are in. The assumption being that you'll be inside a lot more than a TT or 5th wheel--especially while moving. Someone will want to get to the fridge

For TT's and 5th wheels many are un-navigable when all the slides are in. (This is why you see slides of only about 2' in depth in motorhomes but in TT's and 5er's 3' or more.)
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 12:34 PM   #4

THOR #9613
Thanks for all the info. I kind of figured that was the case with the motor homes, that you could move around. Just wanted to check. Thanks again for the replies.
Old 10-30-2017, 08:02 PM   #5

Brand: Still Looking
State: Delaware
THOR #9488

We have the 29.4. Yes, you can access the bathroom, kitchen, and bedroom with the slides in. It is a great floor plan and a very nice coach. We love the king bed too.
Old 10-30-2017, 08:11 PM   #6

THOR #9613
Thanks jdamann. We really like that floor plan as well. It would be a whole new world for us being able to get up and move around since we have only had travel trailers. I just hope I'm not expecting too much when I think get up and move around. My wife has had several back surgery's and the ride in the truck long distance is rough on her. I'm hoping with a MH she could get up and move a little, maybe sit or lay on the couch and maybe lay on the bed. Being able to move once in a while should help her a little. Thanks again for the info.
Old 10-30-2017, 08:51 PM   #7

Brand: Still Looking
State: Delaware
THOR #9488
Yes

Yes....all those things are possible......probably true of most class A's but you should check out to be sure.
Old 10-30-2017, 09:33 PM   #8

Model: 2017 Windsport 29M
State: Indiana
THOR #5196
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnyw View Post
Thanks jdamann. We really like that floor plan as well. It would be a whole new world for us being able to get up and move around since we have only had travel trailers. I just hope I'm not expecting too much when I think get up and move around. My wife has had several back surgery's and the ride in the truck long distance is rough on her. I'm hoping with a MH she could get up and move a little, maybe sit or lay on the couch and maybe lay on the bed. Being able to move once in a while should help her a little. Thanks again for the info.
My wife very seldom sits up front with me, she migrates between the dinette, sofa, and bed. I will say my wife is very good at keeping me supplied in snacks and something to drink while on the road. Heard an odd noise while on the road one day, couldn’t figure it out till she got up from the bed and asked if I needed anything, it was her snoring muted by the road noise!!!
Old 10-30-2017, 09:39 PM   #9

THOR #9613
That's funny!