Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class A Motor Coach
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-11-2020, 05:03 AM   #41

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Thor Challenger FH
State: Illinois
THOR #18057
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenfield3 View Post
The Challenger 37FH looks like a great floor plan -would love to hear from a owner. If you have purchased one, please share. Thanks!
I purchased one in Jan 2020 and simply love it. Been on about 9 weekend trips and no issues!

Old 10-17-2020, 07:01 PM   #42

Model: challenger 37FH
State: Delaware
THOR #13399
Quick question did any of you 37fh owner's get touch up paint with your coach,I didn't and I'm trying to find where to buy it.
Old 10-17-2020, 07:50 PM   #43

THOR #13399
Need touch up paint

Where to by touch up paints for Bolder Creek, 4 colors need the light and darker tan.
Old 12-25-2020, 01:21 AM   #44

State: North Carolina
THOR #14983
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tearstone View Post
Anyone have any issues with the 3Trax system on such a large slide? One owner here has a 3Trax system on the miramar with nearly a full coach slide and has had some issues with it coming out while driving down the road.

I'm heard and met people who have had some horror stories with the Schwintech slide system. I hold my breath just about everytime I pull the slides in and out.

I believe the key is to ensure the coach is leveled. But my coach was not leveled correctly when I first got it.
My super slide motor gave out while camping. It wouldn’t come in. instead it pivoted in the middle… the right side would come in about 2 inches then the lest side would do the same except it would send the right side back out. I took it back to CW. Turned out the motor was bad.
Old 12-25-2020, 01:47 AM   #45

THOR #14983
Hello

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWS50 View Post
We purchased a 2020 Challenger 37FH. LOVE the floor plan! Some advice ... The Camping World we purchased from has had no training on the coach. They are really trying hard to work out the kinks but are not even close and we purchased in July 2019 and this is 23 Sept 2019.

Make sure where ever you buy one you have them set up the Axxera Map system BEFORE you leave the place! There is a sticker that doesn't always peal off correctly for the only code that works with the Axxera Map system. You need to download an Axxera Nav App on your smart device and connect it with a cable to the space in the dash that has 2 USB ports and the top one is the NAV one. You will lose your device to the map system by the way. So get a very long USB cord. The code under the sticker is THE only one that works with the NAV system in your coach and you have to put it in when you set up your smart phone app or you can't go back and put it in! You will need a new user name and password to do that if you don't do it first. The cost for the NAV after you set it up and get your 30 days free (Camping world knew nothing about this and Thor told me I needed a NAV card ... both were wrong) There is a QR code or a little box that my iPhone 8+ Camera was only able to read after I wet the sticker to make it dark enough. After about 3 days of several calls to Thor and Axxera Radio both of which were not totally clued into what to do as the first guy I talked to at Axxera said I was already activated because I had a user name and password. WRONG! Without entering the code that comes with the coach ... you are not activated! So I got my coach back from warranty work after 18 days and by then the Axxera 30 day trial was up so I paid the $79.99 so I could test this out. But since I didn't have the code in, the radio didn't work. So when I got to Carlos at Axxera he had the same problems with the sticker I did so he told me to wet it and the QR code got dark enough to be read by my iPhone 8+ camera. I did finally get the code and get it working ... but only about 15 minutes of NAVing down the road it wanted me to connect the already connected device! So I had to shut it all down and start over and it still said the same thing and would not work!! So after days of this frustration I was ready to do the first line maintenance with a hammer! Carlos at Axxera didn't know who was paid so he didn't know where to get my money back. And the problem was the $79.99 was under my old user name and password and there was no way to put the code into that old user name. So I created a new one put the code in and got 30 days of trial free! But since it didn't work anyway I discovered that iTunes is where the payment of $79.99 went. I went online to get a refund from iTunes and it said they were not authorized to refund it! ( I found out tonight if I had called iTunes it would have been refunded.) So I had to dispute the charge with American Express and got satisfaction.

One slide seal keeps coming off in 2 places but that is the work of Camping World.

All the screws around the 8 lights on the front of the coach (headlight stack etc have the silver bezel around them.) I had to open the engine cover to get to them. It turns out all the bolts on the screws are so loose that all but 2 came off the passenger's side! There is no lock washers or lock nuts so they just come loose and fall off ... or they were never there to start with! The driver's side were all less than hand tight but still on so I was able to tighten them up. Thor is supposed to be sending me the nuts and washers. But I am going to get my own and do it right. Also one of the fog lights doesn't work and one is just flopping around.

The firefly control head had a line in it but they replaced that when I was at a camp ground and the jacks would not come up. Thor had me check the engine compartment for a 100 amp fuse and another one just like it in the battery compartment but they were good. Turns out there are 4 screws you take out on the dash and you have to get some electrical grease. Then you unplug it and grease it up and plug it back in and presto it works! I recommend that on all your towing connections as well. (I just learned that) The jack problem only caused a 5 hour delay. But between the two mechanics and myself we got the Firefly back in and they told me it was already programed to my coach. It was up to a point. All the little pads around the coach that are very handy are all Blue toothed to the FireFly control head. Those guys left and NONE of the handy pads around coach worked. So I started pressing buttons in setup on the FireFly and found out how to connect them. It was very easy and I got them all working one at a time but the FireFly system guides you through it and it is very easy.

We LOVE the floor plan and the storage is unbelievably huge inside and out!

I got Snap Pads for the jacks

https://rvsnappad.com/

I highly recommend them as you don't have to get under the coach anymore.

The coach is in for sway bars front and back.
I am going to get a track bar as my wife said the tail wags a lot.
I am also considering Sumo Springs. Here is a good site for suspension upgrades.

We can't wait for all this to be installed and get on the road. We can't go full time as we are taking care of a 94 year old WWII Hero. My wife is an only child and this is her father. He was a Pilot in command of a B-17 at 19 years old and a retired Air Force LTC. He even flew in Viet Nam!

I am also considering the 5 star tuner for the engine if it doesn't void the warranty.

This is our first coach and there is a big learning curve. But we love this floor plan and I can't find another one that has this much room no matter diesel or gas. I hope this was helpful.
Hello;

I have a 2020 37fh too. I also love my motorhome! That being said I am a widow and I am alone (except for 2 large dogs) and don’t have the knowledge base to solve electrical issues or winterizing and de-winterizing. Would you be willing to share any links you find with me? Anything would be appreciated. My email; pokeydoane@gmail.com. Thank you!!!
Old 12-25-2020, 03:52 PM   #46

Model: Forest River Forester 235
State: Indiana
THOR #6826
Quote:
Originally Posted by PokeyD View Post
Hello;

I have a 2020 37fh too. I also love my motorhome! That being said I am a widow and I am alone (except for 2 large dogs) and don’t have the knowledge base to solve electrical issues or winterizing and de-winterizing. Would you be willing to share any links you find with me? Anything would be appreciated. My email; pokeydoane@gmail.com. Thank you!!!

I don’t have your model but I can promise you’ll find all the help you need on this site. Keeping up a large RV can be pretty daunting but you can do it. Most maintenance is pretty simple after you’ve done it once or twice. Repairs can be harder but camping folks are a helpful, friendly lot. Do you have a roadside assistance plan? Merry Chris and happy new year. Enjoy your travels
Old 12-26-2020, 06:51 PM   #47

THOR #14983
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete'sMH View Post
I don’t have your model but I can promise you’ll find all the help you need on this site. Keeping up a large RV can be pretty daunting but you can do it. Most maintenance is pretty simple after you’ve done it once or twice. Repairs can be harder but camping folks are a helpful, friendly lot. Do you have a roadside assistance plan? Merry Chris and happy new year. Enjoy your travels
Hello and thank you for responding. I do have roadside assistance with FMCA and Good Sam with CW.

enjoy your holidays.
Old 01-31-2021, 03:44 AM   #48

Model: Challenger 37FH
State: Arkansas
THOR #22006
Just bought a 2021 37FH. Take delivery on the 16th. After owning a 2004 Pace Arrow 37C really excited for the floor plan, 1/2 bath and new features.

A couple of questions. Is the banister rail at the stairwell a standard feature or is that an added option?

Also, what is the Cargo Carrying Capacity you have? I looked all over for the sticker with measured actual dry weight from the factory but haven’t found yet.
Old 01-31-2021, 01:41 PM   #49

THOR #13399
Welcome, I believe the rail is standard when we bought our 2019 FH the 1 and only option was the duel reclining theater seats instead of couch,all else is standard. Look at the inside of your screen door on the black panel at the bottom, you should see a yellow sticker with ccc mine says 2,880lbs. Again congratulations.
Old 02-01-2021, 07:36 PM   #50

THOR #22006
Thanks.
Old 02-01-2021, 10:18 PM   #51

State: Florida
THOR #20476
The banister on mine was very weak. I had the dealer fix it by putting bolts through the rail flange completely through the floor. They also pop-riveted the top to the wall. It is very secure now.

Challenger 37FH
Buick encore or Chevrolet Equinox - Toad
ptylerp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2021, 12:07 AM   #52

THOR #22006
Thanks good to know. Having the dealer out one in. They is insist it’s an adder and I am looking for inconvertible evidence that’s it’s standard equipment and that maybe the factory overlooked it.

I don’t have the build sheet so hard to prove my theory.
Old 02-02-2021, 12:16 AM   #53

THOR #13399
Show the dealer pictures online from Thor website Challenger 37FH click on gallery 1st picture shows fireplace,TV and handrail by door,then click, See it In Person,1st picture shows it, that should convince him. And if you look at options there's only 1,the theater seating instead of couch. If that doesn't work click on Build And Price,click on Challenger, select 37fh,select exterior, select Decor,Select Cabinetry and select your options THEATER SEATING $203.!!! That's all. See if he can show you the option box for handrail. ENJOY.
Old 02-12-2021, 02:33 AM   #54

THOR #22006
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrapped View Post
Show the dealer pictures online from Thor website Challenger 37FH click on gallery 1st picture shows fireplace,TV and handrail by door,then click, See it In Person,1st picture shows it, that should convince him. And if you look at options there's only 1,the theater seating instead of couch. If that doesn't work click on Build And Price,click on Challenger, select 37fh,select exterior, select Decor,Select Cabinetry and select your options THEATER SEATING $203.!!! That's all. See if he can show you the option box for handrail. ENJOY.

Dealer decided to install it at no extra charge. So no worries.
Old 02-18-2021, 02:44 AM   #55

THOR #22006
Has anyone purchased a Challenger 37FH?

So I’m looking to buy a dash protector for it to keep the beagles from wrecking the dash when they jump up, as they surely will.

Any suggestions on a good quality custom fit source?
Old 02-18-2021, 07:36 PM   #56

Model: Forest River Forester 235
State: Indiana
THOR #6826
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kluffinator View Post
So I’m looking to buy a dash protector for it to keep the beagles from wrecking the dash when they jump up, as they surely will.

Any suggestions on a good quality custom fit source?

I used Blondie’s Pit Stop and am very pleased with my dash cover. She’s a very nice small business owner and she had the pattern she needed for my coach. But she offered to go to a dealer to make one from one in stock if it was needed for some reason. Took a short while because it’s made to order and it was not especially cheap. Good website.
Old 05-02-2021, 03:38 PM   #57

THOR #22006
Ended up ordering from California Car Covers.
Fits well. And the beagles like it.
Then cobbled together a mount for my phone to sit on top using a “magic slider” Velcro and duct tape. Ugly but effective. Like me.
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1487.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	136.0 KB
ID:	30195

Name:	IMG_1460.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	137.1 KB
ID:	30196
Old 06-03-2021, 12:52 AM   #58

Model: Challenger 37 FH
State: Texas
THOR #19736
We have a 2020 37FH. Love the floor plan. Added a SCT tuner for so it doesn’t shift as often. Cabin is a few decibels quieter. Also added the roadmaster steering stabilizer and a rear sway bar from. Ride definitely improved. We tow a 2015 4dr wrangler. I forget it’s back there on flat roads. We get about 6mpg towing in Texas hill country. About 7 1/2 without towing in Texas hill country. We have the generator running all the time. No real issues with it only with MHSRV where we bought it. Still learning how to use it in the most efficient manner to include driving without running the generator but be able to keep the kids cooled down at the table. I added additional insulation under the driver, passenger, and dog house to quiet it down. Going to add more.
Old 06-20-2021, 02:22 PM   #59

Model: 2018 Thor Challenger 37FH
State: Ohio
THOR #16271
Fuel estimate correction and slide issue help

Funmoneypit - you are right, I did a recalculation as the fuel cost to miles did not add up. we are getting 6-8 mpg.

From an update standpoint, we have had a few Schwintech slide motor failures, one on DS dinette/couch slide and one on PS rear slide. That one took 14 neighbors to help push the side in.

Dealing with a PS slide issue now where the slide was out but when it was coming back in the rear of the slide was only coming in and not the top. Slide room is now bound up. Call RV mobile tech and popped the two slide drive motors but could not get the slide fully in. Sticking out about 11 inch in the front by door, back of slide room, bottom of side at 12 inches, but the top is out about 16 inches. Put in 2x4 slide blicks along side room, if directed to move coach to repair site.

Local RV dealer contacted can not assist to resolve, recommend returning it Thor Factory for repairs. Not sure how i am going to get it anywhere with the slide out 12-16 inches.

Any thoughts?
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	PS slide 1.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	71.7 KB
ID:	31510   Click image for larger version

Name:	PS slide 2.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	59.0 KB
ID:	31511  

Name:	PS slide 4.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	76.3 KB
ID:	31512  
Old 06-20-2021, 02:53 PM   #60

Model: 2018 Thor Challenger 37FH
State: Ohio
THOR #16271
upgrades to 37 FH

We did decide to replace the theatre seating last fall with a 68 inch couch with both ends having fully electric reclining seats. Center seat back drops down with an wide arm rest with two cup holders and a smart device charging station. Put an power strip with long cord to the outlet under dinette and drilled a hole in dinette cabinet walls for the plugins to be behind the recliner. Put a wall plate with pass-through rubber grommet to clean up installation. Used cable management zip tie with eyelets to secure to side wall.

Recliners almost fully recline. Much nicer then the theatre seating that just reclines slightly. Purchased from Lambright Furniture in Shipshewana, IN. They did the removal and installation of couch, cam in three sections, in 90 minutes.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	recliner 1.jpeg
Views:	55
Size:	424.0 KB
ID:	31507   Click image for larger version

Name:	recliner 2.jpeg
Views:	52
Size:	129.2 KB
ID:	31508  

Name:	recliner 3.jpeg