Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class A Motor Coach
Click Here to Login

Old 12-14-2021, 01:36 AM   #121

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Freedom Traveller A27
State: North Carolina
THOR #17765
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrapped View Post
Check your floor rollers especially the ones at each end there adjustable my front roller started sinking into the flooring that puts a lot of pressure on slide rails,and chews them up.
No way your rollers should “sink” into the floor unless the floor is rooted with moisture.

Old 12-14-2021, 05:10 PM   #122

Model: challenger 37FH
State: Delaware
THOR #13399
Floor is fine just embedded the roller into the vinyl flooring. Roller at each end adjustable 1/2 in socket with slide out from front.
Old 12-24-2021, 05:41 PM   #123

Model: 2018 Thor Challenger 37FH
State: Ohio
THOR #16271
slide adjustments

Hi All,

Our coach is still in the shop at CW Richmond, IN since late October. Called yesterday for an update and they are still itemizing items needed for repair to submit for the extended warranty. I have both the PS and DS slide in for issues.

With the holidays here it will be January before CW can submit to extended warranty. CW is more concern now, with supply chain issues. Some horror stories CW shared, yesterday was waiting on parts for 4 months. Hard to plan for any trips in the spring. Afraid to put the coach out from CW for a week or two, if parts are on back order and lose our place in line for repairs.
Old 12-25-2021, 03:30 AM   #124

Model: Forest River Forester 235
State: Indiana
THOR #6826
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe O View Post
Hi All,

Our coach is still in the shop at CW Richmond, IN since late October. Called yesterday for an update and they are still itemizing items needed for repair to submit for the extended warranty. I have both the PS and DS slide in for issues.

With the holidays here it will be January before CW can submit to extended warranty. CW is more concern now, with supply chain issues. Some horror stories CW shared, yesterday was waiting on parts for 4 months. Hard to plan for any trips in the spring. Afraid to put the coach out from CW for a week or two, if parts are on back order and lose our place in line for repairs.

With respect, I’d suggest that leaving it at CW is not a good idea. Take it to a decent freestanding RV repair shop. Many CW’s almost exclusively are interested in selling units and look at service as, at best, a necessary sideline. Independent repair shops, on the other hand, are focused only on repairs. It’s their business. RVs are not like automobiles which only can have warranty done by dealers. Most shops can do warranty work. And they are a bunch easier to deal with
Old 12-25-2021, 12:36 PM   #125

THOR #16271
Hi Pete -

Merry Christmas. Thanks for the thought. I am guessing you are recommending an RV repair shop just not an truck repair or an independent auto repair shop.

I will have to look to see if there are indenpendent shops in our tristate area around Cincinnati, Ohio. I may have to go looking after the holidays. Visit the shop(s) to see if they are set up to handle all aspects of slide repair under roof. I can not recall the certifications initials for automotive and RV repair, so I have some homework/research to do for the new year.
Old 02-15-2022, 12:38 AM   #126

THOR #16271
Slide maintenance

Update - we have the Good Sam extended warranty and they are going to cover the cost to have the PS slide room LCI schwintek slide rails, motors and wiper seal at rear replaced. DS side has a failed control harnas which is also being replaced. Parts are targeted for 2/28 delivery.
Old 02-15-2022, 01:03 AM   #127

THOR #16271
tire replacement

Hi all -

Have a new issue. Picked up a screw or nail on the inter side wall of my right rear outside duel tire. Our coach is a 2018, assembly completion date of November 2017. Coach is in the shop getting a front end alignment, and look at slow leak in named tire. Been told that since it is a side wall puncture, cannot be patched or repaired. Ouch!

Now my question which I believe I know the answer to. Do I just replace the one and wait for the other 5 to age out (only 39K on the tires) and then, replace all 6. With the tires possibly being 4-5 years old do I replace them all now? Our always do a 1 and 5 tire replacement schedule.

Since the coach is still in the shop I can not check the manufacture date code(s) to verify age of tires until later this week.

Those who have replaced tires, have you stayed with the Michelins or gone to another brand.

Anyone heard of or used Motorhome tire.com? Web site shows Michelins and Toyo tires for my tire size. They claim 4000 AEC Mobile Techs across the country. The one closest to my location receives your tire order, and will come to your location and change and balance the tires. New valve stems and tire disposal.
Old 02-15-2022, 03:47 PM   #128
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Quote:
Hi all -

Have a new issue. Picked up a screw or nail on the inter side wall of my right rear outside duel tire. Our coach is a 2018, assembly completion date of November 2017. Coach is in the shop getting a front end alignment, and look at slow leak in named tire. Been told that since it is a side wall puncture, cannot be patched or repaired. Ouch!

Now my question which I believe I know the answer to. Do I just replace the one and wait for the other 5 to age out (only 39K on the tires) and then, replace all 6. With the tires possibly being 4-5 years old do I replace them all now? Our always do a 1 and 5 tire replacement schedule.

Since the coach is still in the shop I can not check the manufacture date code(s) to verify age of tires until later this week.

Those who have replaced tires, have you stayed with the Michelins or gone to another brand.

Anyone heard of or used Motorhome tire.com? Web site shows Michelins and Toyo tires for my tire size. They claim 4000 AEC Mobile Techs across the country. The one closest to my location receives your tire order, and will come to your location and change and balance the tires. New valve stems and tire disposal.
Build date 2017 chance are tires are 2016 or 2015. Replace them all.
Old 02-15-2022, 05:45 PM   #129

THOR #16271
tire replacement

That is what I am wondering. Get the RV back sometime today or tomorrow. I will check the date codes and move forward from there.

What kind of mileage are folks putting on their RVs? Some internet searches showing only 8 - 12 K miles. Some forum entries show 25K miles or more. Currently we have 39K but the tread depth looks good and no exterior cracking of the side walls.

So maybe it is more of an "aging out" for tires over mileage?
Old 02-15-2022, 05:58 PM   #130
Site Team

Model: ACE 27.1
State: Florida
THOR #7035
Quote:
That is what I am wondering. Get the RV back sometime today or tomorrow. I will check the date codes and move forward from there.

What kind of mileage are folks putting on their RVs? Some internet searches showing only 8 - 12 K miles. Some forum entries show 25K miles or more. Currently we have 39K but the tread depth looks good and no exterior cracking of the side walls.

So maybe it is more of an "aging out" for tires over mileage?
99% of MH tires age out before wear out. Before buying from the used tire place I would verify the date code on the tire I would be purchasing - it may already have aged out.

We were faced with the same type of puncture with the same tire on our MH last year. I had never been satisfied with our front tires so it was an easy decision for me - move the best front to the flat rear and purchase 2 new tires for the front. Replaced Goodyears with Continentals. Happy so far.
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2022, 08:19 PM   #131

Model: Forest River Forester 235
State: Indiana
THOR #6826
I’d replace them all if you plan to keep the coach. I’d be doing it pretty soon anyway and you might as well get it over with.
Old 02-19-2022, 12:03 PM   #132

THOR #16271
Tire Replacement

i was able to check the date codes on my tires yesterday 5-6 years old now so will will be looking to replacing them all this spring.