Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class A Motor Coach
Click Here to Login

Old 04-02-2018, 02:41 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Aria 3901
State: Florida
THOR #6952
Has anyone purchased a Challenger 37FH?

The Challenger 37FH looks like a great floor plan -would love to hear from a owner. If you have purchased one, please share. Thanks!

Old 04-02-2018, 09:44 PM   #2

State: Alaska
THOR #11158
We have our eye on this one (37Fh) for our future RV.
Old 04-02-2018, 10:16 PM   #3
I Think We're Lost!

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
They DO look pretty nice! Happy Shopping

http://www.thorforums.com/forums/att...1&d=1522707345
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Challenger 37FH.jpg
Views:	622
Size:	53.4 KB
ID:	9558  
Bob Denman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 01:26 AM   #4

Model: Challenger 37FH
State: Ohio
THOR #10832
challenger 37 FH

My wife and I purchased one in February from Camping World Richmond. IN.

Love the floor plan! Been mostly boon docking at Walmart's as we travel to universities to visit our son who is a sophomore and campus visits for our daughter who will start next fall.

My wife has two trips planned in June and July. We use the weekend getaways to check out the new features to our 2006 Georgetown 340 did not have. trying to figure out the inverter and the Auto Gen Start to see if we need to add two additional house batteries. AGS cycles pretty quickly with furnace, electric frig and TV on.

First campground booked for this weekend. First time on full 50 Amp shore power instead of a step down to 20 Amp service on the driveway or the generator. we opted for the theatre seats and added the stack-able washer/dryer.

We tow a Honda Fit 5-speed manual that we set up when we had the Georgetown.
Old 04-10-2018, 05:18 PM   #5

Model: Challenger 37LX
THOR #6310
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeoneil View Post
My wife and I purchased one in February from Camping World Richmond. IN.

Love the floor plan! Been mostly boon docking at Walmart's as we travel to universities to visit our son who is a sophomore and campus visits for our daughter who will start next fall.

My wife has two trips planned in June and July. We use the weekend getaways to check out the new features to our 2006 Georgetown 340 did not have. trying to figure out the inverter and the Auto Gen Start to see if we need to add two additional house batteries. AGS cycles pretty quickly with furnace, electric frig and TV on.

First campground booked for this weekend. First time on full 50 Amp shore power instead of a step down to 20 Amp service on the driveway or the generator. we opted for the theatre seats and added the stack-able washer/dryer.

We tow a Honda Fit 5-speed manual that we set up when we had the Georgetown.
Welcome!! Love that floor plan. We have a 37LX. First thing we did was add two additional batteries. Some will suggest you also need to replace the two that came with the RV, but we did not find that to be necessary. Boondocked 4 days last October with no problems. We ran the generator about 1 hour in the morning and again at night and the AGS system never kicked in. We ran our own "test" of the AGS system in our driveway. It kicked on after about 36 hours with the 4 batteries.

Can you share some pictures of your FH?? I'd love to see it! I think I might have picked that floor plan had it been available when we purchased our LX. My DH gets to looking a little pale when I tell him that!
Old 04-10-2018, 06:08 PM   #6

Model: 2017 Miramar 34.4
THOR #9721
Anyone have any issues with the 3Trax system on such a large slide? One owner here has a 3Trax system on the miramar with nearly a full coach slide and has had some issues with it coming out while driving down the road.

I'm heard and met people who have had some horror stories with the Schwintech slide system. I hold my breath just about everytime I pull the slides in and out.

I believe the key is to ensure the coach is leveled. But my coach was not leveled correctly when I first got it.
RV Travel Bug
Tearstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018, 12:58 PM   #7

THOR #10832
Challenger 37FH

Hi Brad & Karen -

My wife has some pics on her iPad mini that I will have to post that she took when we did the original walkthrough. We were looking also at the 37 LX but hated to give up the opposing kitchen & dinette/sofa side that we had in our '06 Georgetown 340 TS.

When we saw the release of the 37 FH from the Hershey show on youtube, we started looking for a dealer locally that had one to see. We were wanting the bath and 1/2 on our next upgrade and the drop down bunk over the cockpit gave us the sleeping arrangement we wanted for the future to look for the theatre seating instead of the hide-a-bed couch.

Once we saw the 37FH floor plan in person, we were hooked. Put money down that day. Purchased/picked up two weeks later. Inverter and AGS is new for us so we are learning as we go. Trying to find supporting documentation on the AGS.
Old 04-11-2018, 01:19 PM   #8

THOR #6310
Here's the AGS manual.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Magnum AGS Manual.pdf (1.04 MB, 176 views)
Old 04-11-2018, 01:34 PM   #9

THOR #6310
The bath and a half was a big selling point for us, as was the overhead bunk. With 3 adult kids, their SOs, 2 step-grands, plus a few elderly parents who still like to go RVing, we frequently have guests!

Love that opposing slide. I do wonder about all the weight in that slide though with the fridge and W/D, and how well it will operate.

To answer your question Tearstone, we have had only a minor problem with our slide. It would occasionally get stuck while retracting, requiring an override to get it to fully retract. Had it to the dealer twice for repairs but they never fixed it. We later discovered that the bulb seal was getting caught and torn up by the trax system near the top of the slide. My husband cut off the piece that was torn up and getting caught in the track and all has been well since.

That said, I always hold my breath when extending or retracting, mostly due to what I have read about other's problems. However after 15 months of ownership involving dozens extensions and retractions I am confident that our slide is fine.
Old 04-11-2018, 06:58 PM   #10

State: Alaska
THOR #11158
Couple questions about the 37FH:
1) Although it’s completely subjective, does the Ford V10 have enough power sufficiently get this big heavy coach up and over hills without having to drop down to 35 mpg. (I already have 5 Star tuning on our ‘16 32’ Class C. But called them for an upgraded 93 octane tune they don’t advertise much)
2) What is your best and worst MPG. While some may say ‘don’t or why worry about mileage’. We put lots miles on our RV’s it is a concern but I’m just curious .
Believe it or not my 2 questions have nothing to do with each other. I enjoy getting decent mileage (relevant to RV’s) but also have the power when it’s needed.
Old 04-12-2018, 12:46 PM   #11

THOR #10832
The manual indicated that we should wait during the break in period for engine & transmission (over 1000 miles) which we just hit on our last trip from Cincinnati OH to Evansville IN. Not major hills but we decide to kick it out of cruise on a hill climb when RPM are at 4K to maintain 65 MPH. 55-60 is what we notice at 3k RPM. Had 5star on our '06 georgetown which had the 20 valve v-10 with the 4100 transmission.
Old 04-17-2018, 01:56 AM   #12

THOR #10832
Challenger 37FH

Our AGS is controlled the multiplex touch panel from Firefly Integrations. We do not have a Magnum display panel. inverter is a Easton pure sine wave 1800.

I have an email in to Thor Customer care.

New question. Curb site propane attachment for a grill. We have a Coleman road trek (I believe that is what is is called) bought a hose from Camping World that plugs in to the propane adapter and
D screws in to the Coleman regulator. No gas at grill. Tried propane adaptor lever in both the inline and 90 degree position. No gas. Hook up a propane canister to regulator, get gas flow to light. Any thoughts?
Old 04-17-2018, 02:26 AM   #13

Model: Aria 3901
State: Idaho
THOR #9660
for the grill, you will need to remove the regulator. Your curb side hook up is already low pressure, so you are trying to run it through a second regulator. Won't work. You will probably need a different hose. It might be easier, more economical to find one on Amazon.
Old 04-22-2018, 12:26 AM   #14

THOR #10832
Good information on the curb side propane for the grill. I also found a You Tube video describing that process. Got some pricing on a 12' hose and the gill adapter pieces on Amazon or E-bay. There are occasions were we need the grill with the propane bottles so I will order and extra high pressure regulator unless I can find the tube piece that screws in to the back of the Coleman road trip LX grill.
Old 09-08-2018, 03:06 PM   #15

THOR #10832
Recent trip from Ohio to Texas and back. Check MPG twice. 14 MGP and 16 MPG. running 65 70 MPG towing an Honda Fit. I was amazed. Last coach got 7-8.
Old 01-07-2019, 06:33 PM   #16

Model: challenger 37FH
State: Delaware
THOR #13399
Challenger 37FH

We purchased a 2019 fh at the Hershey show in September,full timing ,great coach couldn't be happier. 2200miles. All kinds of weather from Pa. to Fla. Best floor plan we have seen,works great.
Old 01-12-2019, 05:28 PM   #17

THOR #10832
Challenger 37 FH

Congrads Wrapped! We both still work but our new empty nesters! both kids now in college. Since February we put on about 8,000 miles. Love it!

We have watched a few youtube videos on 2019 walkthroughs to see what the upgrades were for the new year. the Wi-Fi Ranger looks interesting and I have been doing some research. The full Go-Power solar set up is nice. Our 2018 on has the roof interface bout no control panel inside the coach.

We did some DIY upgrades ourselves early in the season.

Moved towel hooks; one to master bedroom, one outside the mid bath for coats and hats. added brushed nickel towel bars and hand towel rings in both baths and a towel ring on sick cabinet door for a dish towel.

Added a second HDMI Cable for the master bedroom TV down to countertop to have seperate blu-ray player.

We took our coach abact to the dealers our our list outing late november to have some warranty repair done before the 1-year warranty expires.

1) Axxera navigation issues. Head unit being replaced.
2) Windows blinds loose or broken over dinette and theatre seat window. brackets being replaced.
3) cell phone interface for the multiplex console could not connect. Control box being replaced ( access trip dorr under master bed mattress)

Most likely will pick up sometime this January but not a rush as it goes to storage until our next trip in the spring (Southern Ohio)
Old 05-02-2019, 03:11 PM   #18

Model: challenger 37FH
State: Delaware
THOR #13399
Just wondering how these challenger 37fh owners where doing now,any updates. We're still fulltime and coach is performing great.
Old 05-04-2019, 04:57 PM   #19

THOR #15208
Hello from Ohio, wife and I took delivery on a FH back in February. We looked for one to walk through for long time then eventually found exactly what colors we been looking for. Jet set interior with Nassau exterior. Studied challengers for 2 years along with looked at many other brands and pushers. Floor plan in FH wasn't matched. Big summer planned again. Still under 1000 mile break in mode at the moment.
Old 05-11-2019, 12:58 PM   #20

State: Arkansas
THOR #15008
news on mine

setting in camp ground now on second trip, no heat, water in the furnace, no sound bar for main TV, suspension was upgraded so I could hold it on the road (steering shock and stabilizer bars) a few other small things but over all it is nice.
I know I sound sour on it but I expected a few things to be wrong and I wasn't disappointed it that part for sure

I just wish they would do a better job of QC lots of little things that should not have made thru the factory this way things like parking lights inop this is a safety issue that should have been checked but I have one that is burnt out or shorted or something compartment locks inop. when we did our walk thru I didn't think I needed to check the simple things like lights and locks but I now know what my dad meant when he used to say things like (now you know what thought did)