Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class A Motor Coach
Click Here to Login

Old 06-22-2016, 09:42 PM   #1

Brand: Still Looking
State: Georgia
THOR #4609
HD Max / Full body paint

Hi new member here. The family and I have decided that the Miramar 34.2 meets our needs, wants, and budget at this time. I have been doing research on this for a year or so. One thing I can't find a lot of info on is the HD Max exterior. Interested in your thoughts on the HD Max vs the full body paint. Members who have the HD Max how do you like it? How old is it? Any problems or special maintenance for it?

Thanks for any replies.

Old 06-23-2016, 12:28 AM   #2

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2013 31L
State: Florida
THOR #908
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfpacker View Post
Hi new member here. The family and I have decided that the Miramar 34.2 meets our needs, wants, and budget at this time. I have been doing research on this for a year or so. One thing I can't find a lot of info on is the HD Max exterior. Interested in your thoughts on the HD Max vs the full body paint. Members who have the HD Max how do you like it? How old is it? Any problems or special maintenance for it?

Thanks for any replies.
pretty sure that's what mine has. Personally, I'd skip it.
Based on my experience.... and what I have see here and on the road, the color quickly fades and oxidizes. I think I'd prefer to have a more simple white, with some basic graphics.
Old 06-23-2016, 12:45 AM   #3
blr

State: North Carolina
THOR #2466
Full body paint
Old 06-23-2016, 10:30 AM   #4
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Wolfpacker,

A couple other items to consider:

Besides wear and maintenance, the other issue is trade-in or resale value. From experience, if FBP is an option and it is not on a coach at trade in the owner will take a hit on the trade in value.

Body repair for FBP is more expensive and may be reflected in your insurance premiums. If something happens to my coach that requires body repair, most areas will require someone shooting 4 colors of paint rather than shooting one color and then applying stickers.

Between my prior coach which was not FBP and the current one that is, I can wash this 38 foot coach in half the time and when it is washed and waxed it looks good rolling down the road.
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2016, 04:27 PM   #5

Model: Ace 30.2
State: Washington
THOR #5063
Before we bought our ace(with full body paint) we were at a local camp ground and there happened to be 2 ace motorhomes there. Don't remember the model numbers(which doesn't matter) one had the full body paint and one did not. The one with out was faded bad on the front and just didn't look as good. That made up my decision. Also our 5th wheel we had the decals started peeling and once that starts there is no stopping it.