Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class A Motor Coach
Click Here to Login

Old 09-01-2023, 02:44 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Tuscany 42FK
State: Maine
THOR #28685
Headlight and foglight issues

Hope everyone is enjoying their summer!

We've taken a couple of trips this summer and one coming up in September. On our last trip we encountered a lot of rain and ran with headlights for about 10 hours. When we were parked i noticed my low beam driver's headlight was out, figured it was the new LED bulbs I added and planned to replace. Anyway, I just went to change it and the new one won't work either, then switched it to the Passenger side low beam and it works fine. Both high beams work fine along with all the running lights but just noticed both fog lights are not working either. Obviously not a fuse...checked all the connectors and everything is tight, and polarity is correct....thinking ground??

Old 09-01-2023, 03:30 PM   #2

Model: Hurricane 31S
State: Texas
THOR #6411
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandit1 View Post
Hope everyone is enjoying their summer!

We've taken a couple of trips this summer and one coming up in September. On our last trip we encountered a lot of rain and ran with headlights for about 10 hours. When we were parked i noticed my low beam driver's headlight was out, figured it was the new LED bulbs I added and planned to replace. Anyway, I just went to change it and the new one won't work either, then switched it to the Passenger side low beam and it works fine. Both high beams work fine along with all the running lights but just noticed both fog lights are not working either. Obviously not a fuse...checked all the connectors and everything is tight, and polarity is correct....thinking ground??
On my coach the fog lights are powered through the headlight switch so at least the parking lights must be on to turn on the fog lights. In most coaches, they work with the low beams of the headlights.
Beau388 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2023, 11:39 AM   #3

Model: Tuscany 42FK
State: Maine
THOR #28685
It ended up being a fuse! Eash Headlight has its own fuse and apparently the fog lights are linked to the drivers side headlight. I noticed my foglight housing has alot of moisture /water in it so im sure that cause the fuse to blow as it was a wet ride all day. I'm gonna seal that fog light today and hope that doesnt happen again!
Old 12-23-2023, 12:12 AM   #4

State: Massachusetts
THOR #30961
Where was the fuse you replaced? My fog lights are not working either, although all other lights are fine. I checked fuse panels on the drivers side firewall ((Ford) and beneath a dash panel (Thor). All those were fine.
Old 12-23-2023, 02:52 AM   #5

Model: Hurricane 31S
THOR #6411
On my old coach the headlight switch must be on for the fog light switch to turn-on the fog lights..
Beau388 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2023, 03:07 AM   #6

THOR #30961
Yes, same on my 2023 Hurricane. But that also had no effect, although the fog light switch did illuminate. I even swapped out the fog light relay with the wiper relay, with no effect.
Old 12-23-2023, 09:15 PM   #7

Model: Hurricane 29M
THOR #11781
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy_RV View Post
Yes, same on my 2023 Hurricane. But that also had no effect, although the fog light switch did illuminate. I even swapped out the fog light relay with the wiper relay, with no effect.
On my 2018 Hurricane the fog lights did not work. The switch would illuminate but the bulbs would not light. Put a meter on the plug at the lights and no power. Checked the fuse by the floor on drivers side, it was good. While under there, I saw a wire sticking just hanging by the fuse box. Jumpered it to the fuse and bingo they worked. Looked at the connector and there was a vacant pin. Checked continuity from the fuse to a vacant pin and it was good.
Apparently the wire was not properly connected to the pin in the connector.
De-pinned the vacant pin and hooked it to the wire and bingo fog lights.
Lt Keefer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2023, 09:22 PM   #8

THOR #30961
Thanks. I’ll go stick my head under the drivers side dash and see if I spot any loose wires.
Old 12-23-2023, 10:59 PM   #9

Model: Hurricane 29M
THOR #11781
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy_RV View Post
Thanks. Iíll go stick my head under the drivers side dash and see if I spot any loose wires.
The connector was on the right side of the fuse block, right at the floor next to the exterior wall.
Lt Keefer is offline   Reply With Quote