Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class A Motor Coach
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-14-2018, 11:09 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Chatea 31E
State: Maryland
THOR #5837
Paint code/color for HD-Max beige?

Does anyone here know a paint code or equivalent automotive paint color that closely matches the class C HD-Max beige/tan color? I need to touch up a couple of spots on the exterior trim.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Chateau 31E.jpg
Views:	310
Size:	113.0 KB
ID:	9716  

Old 04-14-2018, 12:34 PM   #2

Model: Mandalay
State: Florida
THOR #11268
Good luck.. i also needed paint codes which were not on my info sticker in the closet. I called Thor who gave me codes no one could pull up in their data banks. I called again this time they included what make of vehicle the paint was used on. No joy there either. I finally took a piece of my coach to the paint store who hand matched it quite well. Again good luck,, i think Thor used leftover Earl Scheib paint...
Old 04-14-2018, 01:08 PM   #3
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
When we had a stone chip replaced on our front fascia the guys fixing it said it was very difficult to match the base color of our Axis due to the differences in sun exposure and fading.

Good luck.
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 12:20 PM   #4

Model: Chateau 31E
THOR #7695
Mine is in the shop now for warranty body work. Will ask for the color codes when I pick it up in a few weeks.
Old 06-10-2018, 12:40 PM   #5

Model: Chateau 31E
THOR #7695
Quote:
Originally Posted by opsmp View Post
Mine is in the shop now for warranty body work. Will ask for the color codes when I pick it up in a few weeks.
Picked up the coach last week. No joy on a paint code. The CW shop had no idea of what the code was. Said they do a custom paint for each unit there body shop does. Sorry I could not be of more help.
Old 06-11-2018, 03:17 PM   #6

THOR #5837
Quote:
Originally Posted by opsmp View Post
Picked up the coach last week. No joy on a paint code. The CW shop had no idea of what the code was. Said they do a custom paint for each unit there body shop does. Sorry I could not be of more help.

Thanks for checking.
Old 06-11-2018, 10:31 PM   #7

Model: Axis 24.1
State: New Jersey
THOR #1592
Quote:
Originally Posted by jabrabu View Post
Does anyone here know a paint code or equivalent automotive paint color that closely matches the class C HD-Max beige/tan color? I need to touch up a couple of spots on the exterior trim.

According to my local body shop ,there actually aren’t any paint codes.The motor home is fiberglass and a tint is used in the gel coat.I had my local marina do a small fiberglass patch when I stupidly backed into my garage but they were not able to match the color either.I called Thor and they sent me color codes for the graphics but did not have any codes for gelcoat tint or paint.I tried matching the color as close as possible with spray paint and sprayed clear coat over that but it is not holding up very well.
Old 06-12-2018, 06:15 PM   #8

THOR #5837
It’s not just the gel coat. There are other painted parts such as the metal outside cover for the tankless water heater. Mine has some rust I want to touch up.
Old 06-12-2018, 08:35 PM   #9

Model: Forest River Forester 235
State: Indiana
THOR #6826
Quote:
Originally Posted by jabrabu View Post
It’s not just the gel coat. There are other painted parts such as the metal outside cover for the tankless water heater. Mine has some rust I want to touch up.

I had the same thought - some of it IS paint. In fact when I bought my current machine the outside furnace panel/cover was damaged and had to be fixed. I am confident that the dealer painted it. Somebody has to know the paint code!
Old 06-12-2018, 10:19 PM   #10

Model: Hurricane 31S
State: Texas
THOR #6411
Thor probably did not paint your coach. Until Thor's own paint shop opens in Wakarusa, they will continue to outsource all paint jobs. The interior designers at the plant basically send a computer rendition of the paint scheme they want to the paint shop. The paint shop tries to satisfy the designers wants and submits a color spay out sample. Thor does not know the paint codes or care to know them, yet. It is doubtful that any paint on a coach that is more than a year old would match the original paint. I used to paint cars. You can always start with the factory code but unless it is made by the OEM paint supplier, it never comes close to matching. The older the vehicle the worse the paint match. The best thing to do is to take the part you want to match to a paint jobber and have him/her match the color. They will use a paint match system such as the Inovative Scangrip Color Match Kit.
Beau388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 10:20 PM   #11

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Travato
THOR #1765
When I bought my 2014 Vegas, Thor quickly sent me the paint code for the bumper and I was able to purchase spray paint over the internet that matched perfectly. When I purchased my 2016 Axis, Thor could not, would not give me the paint code. I called several times and had a dealer call, but to no avail. You know they have to have a paint code for the rear bumper, how do they order paint at the factory for it. But it must be a big trade secret, because the won’t give it up.
Old 06-12-2018, 10:42 PM   #12

Model: Hurricane 31S
State: Texas
THOR #6411
I stand corrected. I guess I misunderstood our three tour guides at the plants.
Beau388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 11:06 PM   #13

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Travato
THOR #1765
I didn’t see your post before I wrote mine - 1 minute apart. It may be that Thor painted the Vegas in 2014 but not the Axis (or other coaches) in 2016-17. That might explain why they could give me the code in 2014 but not 2016.
Old 06-27-2018, 11:53 PM   #14

Model: Challenger 37BT
State: North Carolina
THOR #11321
Had to have two Cargo Doors replaced that fell victim to the Manufacturer Defect Debonding. They came unpainted, Buddy Greg's RV and Motorhomes in Knoxville TN Body Shop matched the paint, and scheme Perfectly.
In the pics you can see how they laid out the pattern.
I just received the paint codes from Thor so I can paint Rivets I plan to place in the leading edge of each door, to protect from Debonding, and failure.Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180515_170300_kindlephoto-820848365.jpeg
Views:	316
Size:	62.4 KB
ID:	11054Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180515_075025.jpeg
Views:	108
Size:	90.6 KB
ID:	11055Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180515_075043.jpeg
Views:	106
Size:	101.7 KB
ID:	11056