Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class A Motor Coach
Click Here to Login

Old 05-26-2019, 11:44 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2016 A.C.E. 30.1
State: South Carolina
THOR #5641
Looking at a 2019 Venetian J40

We just checked out the Fleetwood Discovery LXE 40M and loved it. Took it for a test drive and liked everything except the head rest on the driver and passenger seats. They sit to low and can not be adjusted. It hits my upper shoulders but maybe I just have to play with adjusting the seat until I get it just right. We will be looking at a Thor Venetian J40 in a couple days to see if we like that.

We have also looked at a Tiffin Red and a Forest River Berkshire XL, but they didn’t really fit the floor plan we want.

We are looking at 2019 models, hoping to get a good deal as they start rolling out the 2020 models.

For those that have a Venetian, how do you like them? What do you like or don’t like about them?

Dippytwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2019, 05:31 PM   #2

State: Georgia
THOR #4735
Arrow

I've delivered both to dealers from the factories in Wakarusa(Thor) and Decatur(Fleetwood), and while both have similarities, I would go with a Discovery LXE due to it's new styling, and it's Girard(type) roof awnings, which provides a much cleaner look, overall.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Discovery LXE.png
Views:	180
Size:	283.8 KB
ID:	17676   Click image for larger version

Name:	Venetian.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	92.9 KB
ID:	17677  

TurnerFam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2019, 09:55 PM   #3

THOR #5641
I do love the look of the Discovery LXE, but I did find the driver seat uncomfortable because you can’t adjust the headrest and it sits to low.
Old 05-27-2019, 02:30 PM   #4

State: Missouri
THOR #6903
What is the difference in the rest of the standard equipment? Venetian coaches used to be well equipped
Old 06-24-2019, 01:25 AM   #5

Model: Venetian A40
State: Florida
THOR #12058
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippytwo View Post
We just checked out the Fleetwood Discovery LXE 40M and loved it. Took it for a test drive and liked everything except the head rest on the driver and passenger seats. They sit to low and can not be adjusted. It hits my upper shoulders but maybe I just have to play with adjusting the seat until I get it just right. We will be looking at a Thor Venetian J40 in a couple days to see if we like that.

We have also looked at a Tiffin Red and a Forest River Berkshire XL, but they didn’t really fit the floor plan we want.

We are looking at 2019 models, hoping to get a good deal as they start rolling out the 2020 models.

For those that have a Venetian, how do you like them? What do you like or don’t like about them?
Dont know if it's too late, just saw your msg. We looked seriously at the Discovery LXE 40E and Thor Venetian A40. Loved both more than all else. The Discovery was in the lead because of awning system. Until you look at motors. The Discovery has 380HP, Venetian 400HP. Fit and finish was also better in Thor especially with drop down bunk over cab and theatre seating. Wood is Amish built and gorgeous in high gloss. Fleetwoods is dated and nothing special and the ratings for the furniture they use was below reasonable. Considering the amount of wood inside, design, HP, sleep occupancy, layout and price, we went with 2017 Venetian A40 and have absolutely NO regrets! Also found the dual Tecma macerator toilet system on board is same one used in Prevost.
It is truly a luxury coach and the longer we have it and compare to other luxury DPs it keeps impressing us. Click image for larger version

Name:	20180826_112432.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	91.6 KB
ID:	18453
Old 06-24-2019, 11:43 AM   #6

THOR #5641
Quote:
Originally Posted by dannew0069 View Post
Dont know if it's too late, just saw your msg. We looked seriously at the Discovery LXE 40E and Thor Venetian A40. Loved both more than all else. The Discovery was in the lead because of awning system. Until you look at motors. The Discovery has 380HP, Venetian 400HP. Fit and finish was also better in Thor especially with drop down bunk over cab and theatre seating. Wood is Amish built and gorgeous in high gloss. Fleetwoods is dated and nothing special and the ratings for the furniture they use was below reasonable. Considering the amount of wood inside, design, HP, sleep occupancy, layout and price, we went with 2017 Venetian A40 and have absolutely NO regrets! Also found the dual Tecma macerator toilet system on board is same one used in Prevost.
It is truly a luxury coach and the longer we have it and compare to other luxury DPs it keeps impressing us. Attachment 18453
Well, we test drove the Venetian J40. Since is was a few hours away from our house and we already sold our ACE, we got a hotel room for the night. First time we had to do that in 3 years. Now we know why we want another MH, the hotel sucked.

At the dealer there happen to be a Thor rep, so I asked him if the quality improved over the last 3 years when we bought our ACE. He said yes, was like night and day, not only was the quality better, but the workers were happy, so I thought “cool”.

When we gout out to the J40 since the slides were in we took it for a test drive first. The dealer cranked up the gen, turned the coach a/c on and we had the dash a/c on high. It drove very nice, I think better then the Discovery LXE, and the seat was a lot more comfortable. We drove it at least 30 minutes and noticed that the dash air really wasn’t that cool (it was around 97 outside). Got back to the lot and leveled it, put the slides out and also noticed that the coach was hot (the coach a/c’s had been running the whole time). The thermostat shows that it was around 100 inside the MH. Cool air was coming out of the front a/c, but the rear a/c was blowing hot air. Our first thought was “it’s a Thor”. I wished I had seen the Thor rep after the test drive.

I did like the way it drove and loved the 150 gallon fuel tank, but in the end we went with the Fleetwood Discovery LXE 40M. I know there will be a break in period and things will go wrong, but hopefully it will be better quality.

Maybe if the Venetian we drove didn’t have the problems we may have ended up with it, or at least made our decision a lot harder. We haven’t really used our Discovery yet, but I think we will be happy with it.