Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class A Motor Coach
Click Here to Login

Old 09-05-2017, 04:41 PM   #1

Brand: Still Looking
State: West Virginia
THOR #8806
Smile HSB in WV

Hello everyone! I am new to the forum and looking for some feed back. My wife and I are looking at a class c four winds 28f that is used. It is a 2015 with only 2070 miles on it. I have looked at NADA listing so I know what it lists for. The owner is asking a very low amount for the unit. No damage or problems, just ready to let it go. I would like to hear from owners of this unit. Thank You!

Old 09-09-2017, 01:36 AM   #2

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Gemini 23TR
State: California
THOR #6701
All the advice in the world really means nothing. If you like it and feel the price is right, go for it. I would take it out for a nice long drive first. Get a ladder and check out the roof, even have it looked at by an RV mechanic. My 2017 23TR had more miles than that new from the dealer.

I once talked with a guy that paid 80k down on a MH and drove it 400 miles. He went back to the dealer and traded it in on a bigger MH and the dealer discounted the heck out of the trade in. It happens. Good Luck whatever your choice.
Old 09-09-2017, 12:25 PM   #3

Model: Hurricane 34J
State: Michigan
THOR #6009
We owned a Fourwinds 22E. We were very happy with it. It was just a little small. We had no major problems with it. I looked at the 28f floorpan and I think we would have been happy with it. I think they are well built.
Old 09-09-2017, 11:49 PM   #4

Model: 2023 Jayco Precept 31UL
State: Florida
THOR #1589
Quote:
Originally Posted by HSB in WV View Post
Hello everyone! I am new to the forum and looking for some feed back. My wife and I are looking at a class c four winds 28f that is used. It is a 2015 with only 2070 miles on it. I have looked at NADA listing so I know what it lists for. The owner is asking a very low amount for the unit. No damage or problems, just ready to let it go. I would like to hear from owners of this unit. Thank You!

A low price would be below low retail on the NADAguides site. Take 10% off that, and you will be close to the wholesale or trade in value for the coach.

Anyone who has tried it will tell you that selling a used RV is usually a hard thing to do, and the seller often takes a beating on the price. Keep that in mind before you sign the check.