Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class A Motor Coach
Click Here to Login

Old 06-10-2015, 01:00 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 34E
State: Texas
THOR #1599
Hurricane 34 Owners, What's Your Tire PSI?

All you Hurricane 34 owners...what tire PSI are you running? I have not weighed my coach yet, so I am using 95 PSI, as listed on the sticker by the drivers side seat. I figure that is the max PSI at max weight. Just curious what PSI others are using?

Tom

Old 06-10-2015, 01:52 AM   #2

Brand: Keystone
Model: Cougar 30 RLS 5th wheel
State: Colorado
THOR #2204
I had to weigh my 34E and it was about 16,500 loaded. This past trip I ran 90 PSI on the front and 110 PSI on the rear duallies.

Right or wrong??
I like to wander and I'm not lost!
Phil Saran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 02:00 AM   #3

THOR #1599
right or wrong I don't know....I'm still trying to get a handle on this. I'm not really sure how to interpret the weights as they apply in the Goodyear tire guide:

http://www.goodyearrvtires.com/pdfs/tire-care-guide.pdf

Is this guide where you came up with the 110 PSI for the rear, or are you using the max sidewall PSI....which is 110 PSI?
Old 06-10-2015, 02:02 AM   #4

Brand: Keystone
Model: Cougar 30 RLS 5th wheel
State: Colorado
THOR #2204
When we did the walk through upon delivery of the MH the Tech told me 90 psi front and 110 psi rear so that is what I did.

My bigger problem is the front end wander it has. So mine will be going in for a tire rotation soon, and an alignment/front tires rotation and the addition of a
steering stabilizer to help with the wander.
I like to wander and I'm not lost!
Phil Saran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 04:24 PM   #5

State: California
THOR #937
I just use the sticker weight of 95 psi all around. It feels great. I now check it before each trip, and if I load or unload a bunch of stuff, (tanks, propane, water, etc..).

However, this is coming from a guy who drove his 34E off the dealer lot for over 250 miles with 60-75 psi on all tires from Orlando to Tallahassee, FL. I initially thought the weird wandering and big-rig blow by felt kinda normal compared to all the big UHaul and Penske tucks I had rented over the years. Sadly, I will admit that compared to my previous Fleetwood and Winnebago motorhomes, I just dismissed the sloppy feel because it was a much less costly Thor product.

It was not until I drove over a several-miles long section of asphalt that had been roughly scraped in preparation for re-surfacing, that I considered that something was amiss. The tires were roaring and exceptionally loud when driving over that surface. After assuming that the dealership had properly inflated my tires for the delivery day, I finally check my air pressure along with adding fuel for the first time when I reached Tallahassee.

After inflating to 95 psi, it felt like a sports car in comparison. I have kept it there ever since. Besides my own motorhomes I have driven many big trucks with similar chassis. I have no issues with steering play, wander, or the feel of the suspension as I don't even notice it and have experienced MUCH worse having driven normal commercial trucks, (for personal use, not professionally), for years.
Old 06-10-2015, 04:56 PM   #6

THOR #1599
Yeah, after picking mine up from CW, I discovered they had the tires a little above 80 psi