Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class A Motor Coach
Click Here to Login

Old 04-29-2019, 02:50 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 34F
State: Colorado
THOR #15158
2017 Hurricane 34F Bedroom Door Size Info

I have a 2017 Hurricane 34F that was purchased a little over a year ago. My wife has always complained about the bedroom doors not opening flush with the wall and sticking out about 5 inches from the wall, but we thought that was the way it was made. Because the doors do not fully open we have no chance accessing the bedroom when the slide is closed. I was visiting with another Hurricane 34F owner this weekend and his bedroom doors open flush and both doors are the same size. By the time I thought about asking him to take some measurements on his unit he had left.

My inner door that is closest to the short wall is 27 3/4” wide and the outer door that has the door handle in it is 23 3/4” wide. Does anybody have a 2017 Hurricane 34F that they could take some measurements of the doors? Not sure what other years would be the same. Anybody else have the same issue?

Our unit was a left over 2017 model that we purchased in 2018 from Camping World. We know that some items were cannibalized for other units on the lot so not sure if the doors were changed out or that’s the way they came from the factory. We were missing the trim that covers the door aluminum rail in the bedroom and the stops at the bottom was also missing so not sure of what happened. If mine are incorrect at least I could order the correct doors.

This forum has helped me out with reading about other owners issues and solutions.

Thanks in advance
Dave

Old 05-15-2019, 01:04 PM   #2

Model: 2013 ACE 30.1
State: Alberta
THOR #2631
Hi, welcome to the forum. I am not familiar with your coach, but in looking at a Youtube video and floor plan for your coach, it looks like there is a short stub wall where your bedroom sliding doors are located. I see the stub wall in the attached video (my link hopefully will work OK), but it does look like the sliding overlapping doors retract fully flush with the stub wall (don't see doors). So if this is the “normal” installation then I suspect your doors have a track issue so that the outer slider is not fully retracting to be flush with the stub wall for some reason and may just require some adjustment. Perhaps someone with your coach can confirm this?

Old 05-17-2019, 07:16 PM   #3

State: Illinois
THOR #12875
34f Bed room doors

Gt, I have a 34f and yes some one changed your doors. I measured mine for you they are 34 3/4" both. They extend past the stub wall only 1 1/8" They rest at the back to the night stand and that is why it stick out 5". My track separator came loose some new screws solved that issue If you need anything else just holler.
Harry
Old 05-17-2019, 07:20 PM   #4

THOR #15158
Javelin,

Thanks for the info. I actually was able to connect with another forum member and he measured his doors for me and both of his doors were the same size. When I contacted Thor they said both doors are the same size and my doors were not the correct ones for my unit. Wish I would have know that before the warranty ran out March 31, 2019. I ordered both doors so at least it will be corrected. Thor warranty department said there was nothing they could do for me.
Old 05-17-2019, 07:26 PM   #5

THOR #15158
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhbuck View Post
Gt, I have a 34f and yes some one changed your doors. I measured mine for you they are 34 3/4" both. They extend past the stub wall only 1 1/8" They rest at the back to the night stand and that is why it stick out 5". My track separator came loose some new screws solved that issue If you need anything else just holler.
Harry
hhbuck,

Thanks. Question have you had an issue with the full slide awning rubbing on the center bracket? My awning was replaced under warranty at camping world 12-2018 for the same issue. Just took the unit out a few weeks ago and see that it is rubbing in the exact same place.

Thanks, Dave