Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class A Motor Coach
Click Here to Login

Old 06-11-2015, 06:48 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: California
THOR #2211
Hurricane/Windsport 31s or 32n

Hello everyone, new member here with a 2015 Hurricane 27k that has been great! Looking to go a tad bit bigger because we have a 4yo and an 8 month old and the 27k is a bit small for us. Any feedback on the 31s or maybe the 32n pros and cons? I like that there is now an inverter on the 16's and also the legless awning. Thx.

Old 06-11-2015, 07:36 PM   #2
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by lakings10 View Post
Hello everyone, new member here with a 2015 Hurricane 27k that has been great! Looking to go a tad bit bigger because we have a 4yo and an 8 month old and the 27k is a bit small for us. Any feedback on the 31s or maybe the 32n pros and cons? I like that there is now an inverter on the 16's and also the legless awning. Thx.
Looking at what you mention above and the Hurricane floor plans for both models. Here are my observations:

First, both units are suitable for small children because there is a forward facing seat for securing a child seat.

The 31s has a 1000 watt inverter which leads me to believe it has a smaller RV style fridge. The 32n on the other hand has a 1800 watt inverter with a residential refrigerator.

The 31s has two slides and an exterior kitchen. I

The 32n has one full wall slide and the exterior kitchen. Thor has had some problems in the past with the large full wall slides so this needs to be looked into and determine if they have solved the problems.

Looking at the specs the one thing that jumps out at me is the considerably smaller (by approx 18 gal) black water tank in the 31s. This could mean more time dumping tanks especially if you are dry camping or at a campground without sewer connections.

Again, some of my observations about the rigs based on floor plans and specs.

Based on my Challenger:

Outside kitchen is great. There is an issue with access to the exterior kitchen refrigerator's temp control knob. I have to adjust the temp by going through a panel on the inside of the coach.

Residential refrigerator (Whirlpool) is nice. Unlike an RV refrigerator which has shelves with movable supports that help keep stuff from sliding around during travel, the Whirlpool requires attention while loading to ensure stuff stays in its place.

1800 watt inverter. The inverter does not supply power to all outlets in the coach when connected and turned on. For example, the 110 outlet at the passengers seat is not connected to the inverter so if my wife needs to charge a laptop while we are traveling I have to run the generator. Other than that I have had not inverter issues. There is however, a fellow Challenger owner that had an issue with his inverters automatic generator start (AGS) system when he took delivery of his unit. This would need to be checked during the PDI.
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 08:21 PM   #3

THOR #2211
Thx for the reply Sir. Haven't made up my mind on which model yet, but either will be a bit better setup for us.

I actually don't mind having a RV fridge, that way i don't always have to have the inverter on. Running off propane seems a little less expensive and don't have to worry about the batteries draining.

I believe Thor fixed their large slide issues by putting on a 3rd rail.
Old 06-11-2015, 09:10 PM   #4

Model: 2015 Hurricane 34 J
State: Ohio
THOR #1295
Other than it is a POS Thor crap - the 34J bunkhouse is fantastic for families. My girls are older now (14 1nd 12) but they love the individual bunks and not having to set up their beds every night!(I love this feature the most)!
2019 Honda Accord 2.0T Sport 6 speed manual
(THOR)
Nursx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 11:23 PM   #5

Model: Hurricane 34E
THOR #937
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nursx2 View Post
Other than it is a POS Thor crap - the 34J bunkhouse is fantastic for families. ...
Darren, sorry to hear about your Thor.

My 34E Thor has actually been great. I also recommend the 34J Bunkhouse if you have two kids.
Old 01-09-2016, 02:59 PM   #6

Model: Windsport 31a
State: Florida
THOR #2809
New member with a 2016 Windsport 31a bought from Camping World. Bought it Sept 3rd, it had over numerous issues on delivery and has taken till now to get them fixed, still one to go. But what I am looking for now is a 2016 owners manual!! It came with a 2015, and that is all I can find to download. There are several things that don't match. One is the Video switch box and the other is the auto Leveling system.
Old 01-09-2016, 03:19 PM   #7
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Thor appears to publish a new owners manual periodically and the one you have is more than likely the most current.

If you go to Lippert's website you can download the manual for the "Level Up" system. It is too large to attach to the forum. You want the manual for the 2013 - present system.

Welcome to the forum.
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote