Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class A Motor Coach
Click Here to Login

Old 06-07-2017, 02:52 PM   #21

Brand: Still Looking
State: New York
THOR #7508
Quote:
Originally Posted by iDrive55 View Post
I have a 2016 Four Winds and have experienced the same issues. Lots of debris in covered spaces. What ever happened to pride in workmanship? I am sure that Thor is not the only manufacturer with sloppy work.
Its sad. I run a large collision shop at a large car dealership. If we did that we woukd be shut down. Seams like they have no quality control

Old 06-07-2017, 03:19 PM   #22

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Miramar 34.2
THOR #3584
Had to go behind the shower to tighten a connection, found a half full bottle of Mountain Dew with the top on. For 7K miles, this has been banging around in there.
Old 06-07-2017, 03:32 PM   #23

THOR #7508
Omg to funny but not realy
Old 06-07-2017, 03:45 PM   #24

Model: Nexus Viper 27V
State: Georgia
THOR #2142
I found a nice insulated screwdriver under the bed - and behind the water plumbing stuff - on the passenger side .

Doc

DocMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2017, 03:53 PM   #25

Model: ACE 30.3
State: Texas
THOR #1291
Maybe we all should start the THOR LOST ITEMS HARDWARE STORE....I havnt found any tools yet
Old 06-07-2017, 04:00 PM   #26

Model: 2017 Windsport 29M
State: Indiana
THOR #5196
Once had a new Mercury Cougar, remember those, that had a rattle/banging noise on the left rear side in the back. Went to three different dealers to have the noise fixed, third time was of course the charm. Some funny guy at the factory had tied a small piece of 2x4 to a string and hung it inside the rear quarter panel. Written on the block was: Bet it took you a while to find this"! Funny now, but not then!!!
Old 06-07-2017, 04:45 PM   #27
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperD
Once had a new Mercury Cougar, remember those, that had a rattle/banging noise on the left rear side in the back. Went to three different dealers to have the noise fixed, third time was of course the charm. Some funny guy at the factory had tied a small piece of 2x4 to a string and hung it inside the rear quarter panel. Written on the block was: Bet it took you a while to find this"! Funny now, but not then!!!
When I had a job that took me to auto plants I heard many stories like that: About how they could put things in the cars to annoy the end customers.

One of them: The car in question had a channel in the dash that was open all the way across the car. Sometimes they would take some chewed gum, put a penny in it and stuff it somewhere in the channel. After a while of ownership the heat/cool cycles would loosen up the gum enough that the penny/gum could slide all the way from left/right/left.
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote