Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class A Motor Coach
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-27-2018, 07:23 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2016 Freedom Elite 28H
State: Florida
THOR #1929
I know what I have and keeping it

After reading a lot of the horror stories about things going wrong with RVs my wife and I decided to keep ours for a long time. We have a 2016 Freedom Elite 28 H and we are just weekend warriors maybe a week at max.
I had to replace my Axxera radio with a Kenwood excelon which works great. Had a water issue with lines being crimped in the slide and my gray and black tank level indicators never worked. Everything else is working...thank god...at least we know what we have and what has been fixed.

I will probably do some upgrades like a new couch with storage. TV upgrade. New shower head and shower door. We love the storage in the back of the unit. Have not seen anything close. The Four winds 28 has the same thing.

There sure are a lot of pretty units out there that are very tempting but they all come with a price and another set of headaches. After reading some of these posts I appreciate what I have.

Anybody else feel the same way?

Old 07-27-2018, 07:25 PM   #2

Model: Four Winds 28z
THOR #5725
Funny you say that; my wife and I are going thru the same thing right now- we have a four winds 28z. I think we have decided to keep it and upgrade the interior for now- we would like a class A but we won't use it enough to justify it, and I know my way around this one pretty well! I think a big part of happiness is being glad w/ what you have....
Old 07-27-2018, 07:38 PM   #3

THOR #1929
You probably have the same huge rear storage area that we do. I totally agree with you.
Old 07-27-2018, 08:01 PM   #4

THOR #5725
Yep- it is amazing. I have never once wanted more storage. I take that back- can't get the paddleboard back there
Old 07-27-2018, 08:13 PM   #5

THOR #1929
You have the exact same floor plan as we do. One slide all simple plumbing. One thing I found out is that the shower and bathroom sink drain into the black tank. No problem since we always stay where there is full hookups. Yours is probably the same way. As one person said it probably is good when you drain the tank. Extra water.
Old 07-27-2018, 08:16 PM   #6

THOR #5725
Huh, I am pretty sure my shower goes to grey- I know my sink goes to black. I have not crawled under to check, but I fill the grey appropriately.
Old 07-27-2018, 08:24 PM   #7

THOR #1929
You can get the plumbing, electrical and water diagrams from Thor for free. That is how I found out.
Old 07-27-2018, 09:33 PM   #8

Model: 32N
State: Oregon
THOR #11137
Quote:
Originally Posted by rscheibel@cfl.rr.com View Post
After reading a lot of the horror stories about things going wrong with RVs my wife and I decided to keep ours for a long time. We have a 2016 Freedom Elite 28 H and we are just weekend warriors maybe a week at max.
I had to replace my Axxera radio with a Kenwood excelon which works great. Had a water issue with lines being crimped in the slide and my gray and black tank level indicators never worked. Everything else is working...thank god...at least we know what we have and what has been fixed.

I will probably do some upgrades like a new couch with storage. TV upgrade. New shower head and shower door. We love the storage in the back of the unit. Have not seen anything close. The Four winds 28 has the same thing.

There sure are a lot of pretty units out there that are very tempting but they all come with a price and another set of headaches. After reading some of these posts I appreciate what I have.

Anybody else feel the same way?
That makes sense!