Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Brands and Products > Thor Motor Coach | Class A, Class B+ & Class C Motorhomes
Click Here to Login

Old 12-19-2019, 03:55 PM   #21

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2020 Magnitude SV34
State: Florida
THOR #12751
Quote:
Originally Posted by jemofjoy View Post
My husband and I are seriously thinking about buying an XG32 Thor Magnitude. But the rattling that the power shade on the cabover skylight makes while driving would drive us crazy! The salesman said that everyone who has bought this unit or the SV34 has called and complained about this issue. He said their technicians and Thor do not have any suggestions to fix it. Has anyone found a way to stop this rattle? Otherwise, it looks like its a great coach but would like to hear from anyone who has purchased one.

We have a 2020 Magnitude SV34 and I can't say that we have noticed the power shade rattling.

Would be interesting to try driving with it open and closed to see if there is a difference. We keep ours closed.

Old 12-19-2019, 04:03 PM   #22

Model: THOR Chateua 35SF
State: Georgia
THOR #11130
I wasn't a fan of that upgrade...just another area to leak at 70MPH. With that said, there are so many advantages to this setup, fixing a small rattle up there would not stop me from pulling the trigger. It could be rectified.

Old 06-25-2020, 06:00 PM   #23

Model: Magnitude
State: Texas
THOR #16368
We have the 2019 Magnitude SV34 and have had zero problems with rattling. It's quiet and a wonderful advantage is the chassis AC cools the front of the living area - no need to run the generator! Previously had the Chateau C class diesel on Mercedes sprinter chassis - talk about noisy cab?!?! Had to shout to hear each other speak!
Old 06-30-2020, 08:23 AM   #24

Model: XG 32 Omni
State: Missouri
THOR #4243
I have a 2020 XG32 omni and have not noticed any rattling from the power shade while driving, and I have 3200 miles on it now.
We are leaving in a week for our favorite boon docking spot in the mountains of western Wyoming and can't wait to drive this F550 in the mountains. After owning a E350 and an E450 with the V10, this F550 is most likely going to be a treat to drive in the mountains.
On a side note, have any of you other owners figured out a way to get to the fresh water pump yet? I want to pull the pump strainer to check for debris.
Old 06-30-2020, 10:54 AM   #25

Model: 2020 Magnitude SV34
State: Florida
THOR #12751
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwplot34 View Post
I have a 2020 XG32 omni and have not noticed any rattling from the power shade while driving, and I have 3200 miles on it now.
We are leaving in a week for our favorite boon docking spot in the mountains of western Wyoming and can't wait to drive this F550 in the mountains. After owning a E350 and an E450 with the V10, this F550 is most likely going to be a treat to drive in the mountains.
On a side note, have any of you other owners figured out a way to get to the fresh water pump yet? I want to pull the pump strainer to check for debris.

I can't say I have noticed any rattling in the power window shade.

The water pump on the SV34 is under the bed. I need to remove the mattress and the support for it to get to the water pump, filter and winterization port.

The F550 is a dream to drive and amazing. While I have not been through the mountains out west yet, it laughed at the mountains of the Carolinas compared to the E450 V10. I set the cruise control for 55 and enabled the engine brake and I rarely had to touch the pedals. It almost never had to shift and the RPM's were under 2500.
Old 06-30-2020, 11:45 PM   #26

Model: XG 32 Omni
State: Missouri
THOR #4243
Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge View Post
I can't say I have noticed any rattling in the power window shade.

The water pump on the SV34 is under the bed. I need to remove the mattress and the support for it to get to the water pump, filter and winterization port.

The F550 is a dream to drive and amazing. While I have not been through the mountains out west yet, it laughed at the mountains of the Carolinas compared to the E450 V10. I set the cruise control for 55 and enabled the engine brake and I rarely had to touch the pedals. It almost never had to shift and the RPM's were under 2500.
The XG32 pump,filter,water tank etc is under the bed also. The problem is, is that the water pump is behind the fresh water tank you can't see it or reach it. I may have to make another opening to get at it.