Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class C and Super C Motorhomes
Click Here to Login

Old 12-19-2019, 04:55 PM   #21

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2020 Magnitude SV34
State: Florida
THOR #12751
Quote:
Originally Posted by jemofjoy View Post
My husband and I are seriously thinking about buying an XG32 Thor Magnitude. But the rattling that the power shade on the cabover skylight makes while driving would drive us crazy! The salesman said that everyone who has bought this unit or the SV34 has called and complained about this issue. He said their technicians and Thor do not have any suggestions to fix it. Has anyone found a way to stop this rattle? Otherwise, it looks like its a great coach but would like to hear from anyone who has purchased one.

We have a 2020 Magnitude SV34 and I can't say that we have noticed the power shade rattling.

Would be interesting to try driving with it open and closed to see if there is a difference. We keep ours closed.

Old 12-19-2019, 05:03 PM   #22

Model: THOR Chateua 35SF
THOR #11130
I wasn't a fan of that upgrade...just another area to leak at 70MPH. With that said, there are so many advantages to this setup, fixing a small rattle up there would not stop me from pulling the trigger. It could be rectified.
Two Labs, Bugsie & Blondie
Blondie passed in 2020 at 5 to Leukemia
The Gritz Carlton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2020, 06:00 PM   #23

Model: Magnitude SV34
State: Texas
THOR #16368
We have the 2019 Magnitude SV34 and have had zero problems with rattling. It's quiet and a wonderful advantage is the chassis AC cools the front of the living area - no need to run the generator! Previously had the Chateau C class diesel on Mercedes sprinter chassis - talk about noisy cab?!?! Had to shout to hear each other speak!
Old 06-30-2020, 08:23 AM   #24

Model: XG 32 Omni
State: Missouri
THOR #4243
I have a 2020 XG32 omni and have not noticed any rattling from the power shade while driving, and I have 3200 miles on it now.
We are leaving in a week for our favorite boon docking spot in the mountains of western Wyoming and can't wait to drive this F550 in the mountains. After owning a E350 and an E450 with the V10, this F550 is most likely going to be a treat to drive in the mountains.
On a side note, have any of you other owners figured out a way to get to the fresh water pump yet? I want to pull the pump strainer to check for debris.
Old 06-30-2020, 10:54 AM   #25

THOR #12751
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwplot34 View Post
I have a 2020 XG32 omni and have not noticed any rattling from the power shade while driving, and I have 3200 miles on it now.
We are leaving in a week for our favorite boon docking spot in the mountains of western Wyoming and can't wait to drive this F550 in the mountains. After owning a E350 and an E450 with the V10, this F550 is most likely going to be a treat to drive in the mountains.
On a side note, have any of you other owners figured out a way to get to the fresh water pump yet? I want to pull the pump strainer to check for debris.

I can't say I have noticed any rattling in the power window shade.

The water pump on the SV34 is under the bed. I need to remove the mattress and the support for it to get to the water pump, filter and winterization port.

The F550 is a dream to drive and amazing. While I have not been through the mountains out west yet, it laughed at the mountains of the Carolinas compared to the E450 V10. I set the cruise control for 55 and enabled the engine brake and I rarely had to touch the pedals. It almost never had to shift and the RPM's were under 2500.
Old 06-30-2020, 11:45 PM   #26

THOR #4243
Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge View Post
I can't say I have noticed any rattling in the power window shade.

The water pump on the SV34 is under the bed. I need to remove the mattress and the support for it to get to the water pump, filter and winterization port.

The F550 is a dream to drive and amazing. While I have not been through the mountains out west yet, it laughed at the mountains of the Carolinas compared to the E450 V10. I set the cruise control for 55 and enabled the engine brake and I rarely had to touch the pedals. It almost never had to shift and the RPM's were under 2500.
The XG32 pump,filter,water tank etc is under the bed also. The problem is, is that the water pump is behind the fresh water tank you can't see it or reach it. I may have to make another opening to get at it.
Old 09-11-2020, 10:24 PM   #27

State: California
THOR #18020
Thumbs up Dealer accolades

Quote:
Originally Posted by goliver22 View Post
Returning it back to dealer tomorrow after 21 day 5000 mile trip. 27 issues to be resolved but I have full confidence that our dealer, Performance RV Sales in Thornville Ohio, will address all of them. They are NOT your typical dealership, they are smaller in size but handle primarily Super C's. They move a number of Showhaulers; the Magnitude is about the the smallest they sell. They take care of their customers.
I purchased my Thor Magnitude BH35 from Performance RV as the post above. First time RV owner. I was very reluctant and nervous. I flew to Ohio to purchse from California becasue they offered me the best price. When i was talking to them over the phone, the owner was up front and as helpful as could be. They picked me up at the airport, did my paperwork and walk through, and finally give me their personal cell phones and told me to call them anytime before i called anybody else. I had occasion to call them, and they tried their hardest to fix the issue over the phone. I got it resolved. They called me a day later to find out if I was ok and if there was anything they could help with, and reminded me to contact them anytime.
In my opinion, they were the best. They are small, but know they stuff and treat their customers like they should. I would recommend anybody to try and use them.
Old 09-11-2020, 10:35 PM   #28

THOR #18020
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gritz Carlton View Post
I wasn't a fan of that upgrade...just another area to leak at 70MPH. With that said, there are so many advantages to this setup, fixing a small rattle up there would not stop me from pulling the trigger. It could be rectified.
I purchased a 2019 BH 35 with the Front glass and Shade cover in the bunk. I dont know about anybody else....no rattles. I recieved a letter from thor stating that there was a recall for the class and to take it to the dealer and they would perfom the resealing and upgrade. Took it to Camping World and shock of alll shocks, they didnt know what it was. They figured it out.
Old 09-11-2020, 10:44 PM   #29

THOR #18020
I have an issue. I have the BH35 as menitoned earlier. It has a full driver side slide. in the slide is the kitchen. fast forward. We have had a leak from the kitchen drain. Becasue the sink is in the slide, they have designed a flexible drain hose from the trap to the fitting for the grey tank. When the slide moves, the hose lets the plumbing move with the slide. PROBLEM. The flex hose is probably from a spa. The fitting it goes into is black PVC or ABS. This fitting is nothing better than a compression fitting. when you move the slide, the hose disconnects. Took it back to Camping world for warranty, and they claimed they fixed it. All they did was put it back in and tighten the fitting. Naturally, it still pops out....
Does anybody else have this issue?
If so, did you find a satifactory resolution to the issue.
I really dont want to take it back to camping world to have they keep it for 2 months to again not fix it.
Old 09-12-2020, 02:02 AM   #30

Model: Forest River Forester 235
State: Indiana
THOR #6826
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigofjc View Post
I have an issue. I have the BH35 as menitoned earlier. It has a full driver side slide. in the slide is the kitchen. fast forward. We have had a leak from the kitchen drain. Becasue the sink is in the slide, they have designed a flexible drain hose from the trap to the fitting for the grey tank. When the slide moves, the hose lets the plumbing move with the slide. PROBLEM. The flex hose is probably from a spa. The fitting it goes into is black PVC or ABS. This fitting is nothing better than a compression fitting. when you move the slide, the hose disconnects. Took it back to Camping world for warranty, and they claimed they fixed it. All they did was put it back in and tighten the fitting. Naturally, it still pops out....
I really dont want to take it back to camping world to have they keep it for 2 months to again not fix it.

I had that very problem with my Winnebago’s full wall slide and kitchen! I concluded that having plumbing in a slide is just a poor idea. It went on my “list” of must haves and must avoids for my next coach. I’m a slow learner but I’m getting there.
Old 09-18-2020, 06:52 PM   #31

Model: Thor Magnitude XG32 4x4,
State: Utah
THOR #19682
Quote:
My husband and I are seriously thinking about buying an XG32 Thor Magnitude. But the rattling that the power shade on the cabover skylight makes while driving would drive us crazy! The salesman said that everyone who has bought this unit or the SV34 has called and complained about this issue. He said their technicians and Thor do not have any suggestions to fix it. Has anyone found a way to stop this rattle? Otherwise, it looks like its a great coach but would like to hear from anyone who has purchased one.
I just took delivery last month of an XG32. I thought I had a rattle that was up in the loft, and it was driving me nuts. I was looking at windows, the shade, and a bunch of stuff. You won't believe what the noise was. It was the speaker on the rear view camera system. I put it the volume all the way down and the noise all went away.

I have had a couple of small issues. Nothing too major. Mostly my misunderstanding.

The hardest thing was figuring out how the electronics interface and a the slides, and the generator, and stuff all worked. You need a kid with mad tablet skills.
Old 10-30-2020, 09:41 AM   #32

THOR #12751
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigofjc View Post

So I discovered the same thing during my PDI when I found water leaking after running the kitchen sink. General RV told me the same thing.... easy fix. Until I got home and it started leaking again after using the slide.

When I opened the access panel (which I since changed to hinges instead of screws for easier access), I discovered the tech that "fixed" it was an idiot. He ended up screwing a strap around the flexible hose to the floor of the slide. Of course as soon as the slide moved it pulled the hose back out of the grey tank fitting.

I fixed it myself and have not had an issue with it since. I thought I was going to end up having to install a longer flexible hose (pool filter hose) but I didn't. My coach is at the Thor Factory Service Center in Wakarusa. When I get it back home I can take some pictures to show you how I fixed it.
Old 10-30-2020, 09:45 PM   #33

Model: Magnitude XG32
State: Alaska
THOR #18758
Quote:
Mine made noises while opening and sometimes wouldn’t move- when I climbed up there I discovered more than half of the track screws were....wait for it...stripped. I replaced with bigger screws. Those track screws were too small they barely made it into the plastic. The max torque, wrong type screw guys strike again! Hope this helps.
Old 11-01-2020, 03:44 AM   #34

THOR #4243
Our XG32 had a rattle sometimes, the dealer fixed it, not sure what they did but it does not rattle anymore.
Old 11-03-2020, 07:27 PM   #35

Model: Thor Magnitude XG32 4x4,
State: Utah
THOR #19682
Quote:
I thought I had a rattling coming from the power shade and it was the volume on the backup camera. No kidding. It is really hard to find the noise in that area especially when you are driving. I had a lighter rattle and it was the vent near the overhead.
Old 11-27-2020, 08:38 PM   #36

Brand: Still Looking
State: Ontario
THOR #21345
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang46555 View Post
"I wish Thor build a smaller coach, as in 26 or 28 footer, on the F550 chassis."
......His response was that Thor's opinion is customers would not want to pay for the more expensive chassis in a shorter coach. I told him he was nuts and if the build quality was good it would sell.....
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Gritz Carlton
I wish Thor build a smaller coach, as in 26 or 28 footer, on the F550 chassis. What a beast that would be. You could pull the fire out of Hell.
Quote:

Ding Ding Ding! THOR can you hear Gritz Nowww? That would be a traveling House Limo. I would be First to Order! I would request the 4 door cab model . Hurry Gritz lock in the patent for that model.
+1

A 30' variation would be perfect for us. With a good, 4 season insulation package !...We'd buy it for sure (if the quality were there) They could even offer it for a similar price point and we'd still buy it.

On youtube vids of both the Omni and the Magnitude there many people making comments requesting shorter versions.

For example, Dynamax has the Isata 28SS and the Isata 30 FW "Explorer Edition," I believe it's called, with the upgraded insulation.

I think there's a gap between the Sprinter Diesels that top out at 25' and these 34+ footers based on a really good diesel super C chassis.
Old 11-28-2020, 03:18 AM   #37

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Dynamax REV 24 RB
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #3069
Quote:
Originally Posted by eightyeightkeys View Post
+1

A 30' variation would be perfect for us. With a good, 4 season insulation package !...We'd buy it for sure (if the quality were there) They could even offer it for a similar price point and we'd still buy it.

On youtube vids of both the Omni and the Magnitude there many people making comments requesting shorter versions.

For example, Dynamax has the Isata 28SS and the Isata 30 FW "Explorer Edition," I believe it's called, with the upgraded insulation.

I think there's a gap between the Sprinter Diesels that top out at 25' and these 34+ footers based on a really good diesel super C chassis.
Yes, I agree with your points.

Dynamax will be offering the new Europa early next year.
Short M2 106 chassis.
Probably 33.5 feet long.
Big shower.
King bed.
Better reputation for build quality.
Old 03-02-2021, 05:20 PM   #38

State: Michigan
THOR #22394
Quote:
Originally Posted by goliver22 View Post
We are halfway into our first trip covering 5000 miles. The Ford F550 cab exceeds my expectations as to power, mileage, and ease of driving.

I cannot say the same for the house portion. First off, a major feature of the Magnitude is the skylight in the bunk over the cab. On the first day of the trip, we hit rain and a major leak developed along the passenger side of the skylight. When we got to the first campground that night, the maintenance man came to our site after his shift and laid sealant along the leaking side. It was night time, he had only limited sealant, and the job wasn't pretty but it worked as we went through an Oklahoma storm the next day and stayed perfectly dry. In the Navy that repair would called Damage Control. Called the dealer the next day and was told it shouldn't have external sealant as it is installed in a manner similar to an automotive windshield. Nice concept but poorly executed. Further leaking developed and I had the entire window sealed at our destination.

Other issues: step lockout function does not work, furnace outlets in the bathrooms do not throw heat while others in the coach do, the half-bath toliet had a major leak and the valve had to be replaced, and finally the house door will not latch correctly. The dealer says it needs to be slammed very, very hard but even that does not yield consistent results. The "bolt" which the door latch captures looks to be misaligned: off axis to where it should be and the surrounding frame looks to be deformed.

The coach has potential; the Ford cab makes this the most enjoyable motorhome, out of the four we have owned, to drive. Thor just didn't follow through with adequate attention to detail and quality control when they built the unit. H
I'm sorry you are having a rough time with a new rig we have been looking at the thor magnitude and starting to have second thoughts One thing I don't like about it is the wet babe and the lack of storage
Old 03-02-2021, 05:21 PM   #39

State: Michigan
THOR #22394
Wet bay that is.
Old 03-02-2021, 06:23 PM   #40

Model: Forest River Forester 235
State: Indiana
THOR #6826
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rustynuts View Post
I'm sorry you are having a rough time with a new rig we have been looking at the thor magnitude and starting to have second thoughts One thing I don't like about it is the wet babe and the lack of storage

You might also think about the OCCC rating as these generally are not very high on Ford super C’s.