Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class A Motor Coach
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-19-2019, 04:22 PM   #21

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Freedom Elite 29 Fe
State: North Carolina
THOR #7532
The display does not work while I am driving and the generator running, experience some wet weather this week I will look at it once the weather clear up, We got a trip to the mountain of nc in may of this year, to be honest the display working or not working does not bother me, since I am all way connect to electric power very seldom do i boondock. but thanks for your help.

Old 02-19-2019, 06:32 PM   #22

State: Oregon
THOR #8222
Inverter Panel not displaying anything

When you turn off engine and generator and shore power do your lights stay on in coach.?

Have you checked the voltage directly on the battery with generator off, engine off, and house power disconnected after 30 minutes?

My voltage on my two Trojans T-105’s 6v wired in series to get 12v, 3years old drops off to 12.4 volts when house lights fans refrigerator etc are all turned off when I unplug shore power.

I wired in a 5 digit v gauge in my MH next to door so I could monitor voltage directly at battery any time..

It maybe your power display if there is v at the battery and lights, refrig, fans.

I wonder if there is a 12v fuse for the power display itself in the breaker box, lot of fuses in there easy to check.

Well good luck let us know when you figure it out.
Old 02-19-2019, 09:26 PM   #23

Model: Windsport 27K
State: Florida
THOR #2154
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danford50 View Post
I have not got it fixed yet, just got back from a mini trip don't know were to look for the cable to see if it is attached I had the a trip fuse the one close to the battery box beneath the coach, I reset it but the display did not come on.
It might be worth taking a closer look at that fuse that tripped. I had it happen recently after I manually tripped that fuse (or breaker) and thought I reset it. In my case, the flag was out of view but it hadn't actually "clicked" into place so the breaker was not reset properly. Give that flag a extra push to be sure it has clicked into place.

Of course, if you are good with a handheld multimeter you can always check for voltage to see if the breaker is reset OK or not.
Old 02-19-2019, 11:54 PM   #24

Model: Palazzo 33.2
State: California
THOR #12839
Not sure if its the same thing, but a rat got in to the bay we had our inverter in and chewed through the comm (telephone) wire to the control panel on our ACE 29.2 which caused the same problem. Just spliced it back together (and closed up the rat access hole) and all was right in the world again.
Old 02-20-2019, 02:42 AM   #25

Model: Freedom Elite 29 Fe
State: North Carolina
THOR #7532
How can I tell if my 15 amp supplementary circuit breaker is working on my xantrex pro 1000 inverter.
Old 02-20-2019, 04:00 AM   #26

Model: Hurricane 31S
State: Texas
THOR #6411
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danford50 View Post
How can I tell if my 15 amp supplementary circuit breaker is working on my xantrex pro 1000 inverter.
Trip the inverter's circuit breaker in (or near) the battery compartment. Then plug a light into the circuit you want to check (it should be on), lastly trip the 15 amp circuit breaker on the inverter circuit bypass circuit. Your inverter is always on the bypass circuit as long as it is viable. The Freedom XI has a light to indicate the mode but the pro 1000 does not.
Beau388 is offline   Reply With Quote