Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class A Motor Coach
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-17-2019, 10:58 AM   #21

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2013 31L
State: Florida
THOR #908
I think I've had to either adjust or replace every single one of those drawer catches form the factory. The day the built mine, they were good about using one screw in a place where two would do....

Another possibility, touched on by Dilley's post... I recently had a drawer slide fail.... the ball bearings just fell out of it and it was sticking and jambing up.

I've had to replace others in the MH over the years too, but those were because of misalignment and too few screws doing the job.

Old 10-17-2019, 04:52 PM   #22

Model: 2018 24.1 AXISSIXxSIX
State: Arizona
THOR #13932
An aside about When you have your drawers removed(ha!)

We ran a bead of gorilla glue around every seam, inside and out, on every drawer. It took about two minutes(maximum. more like 45 seconds) per drawer. Two of us did every drawer in a 24.1 in less than 15 minutes to remove, glue, replace.
We even took the time to run a bead wherever we could reach inside the cabinet while the drawer was out.
There was nothing wrong to make us do the initial pull out of the drawers, we just noticed the staples and figured we could do better.

Just some easy insurance that will make them last a lifetime no matter how many times that ham fisted 14year old tries to pull the face off.

By the way :
When looking up those latches Thor uses be aware that they come in 4lb pull up to 15lb pull.

Be careful when ordering or the next complaint will be how hard they are to unlatch.
Old 10-17-2019, 04:56 PM   #23
I Think We're Lost!

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
I wonder if the O.P. got things back to "norbal" yet?
Bob Denman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2019, 12:46 PM   #24

Model: Axis 24.1
State: Florida
THOR #11800
We had the same problem and it was due to the hinges, all the screws were loose. Once they were tightened the door operated perfectly. I then checked and found that all the cabinets hinges were loose and needed to be tightened. So. Much for quality control at the factory.
Old 11-16-2020, 03:53 AM   #25

Model: Windsport 34J
THOR #21078
Quote:
Originally Posted by blw2 View Post
I think I've had to either adjust or replace every single one of those drawer catches form the factory. The day the built mine, they were good about using one screw in a place where two would do....

Another possibility, touched on by Dilley's post... I recently had a drawer slide fail.... the ball bearings just fell out of it and it was sticking and jambing up.

I've had to replace others in the MH over the years too, but those were because of misalignment and too few screws doing the job.
I don't suppose you have a link to the replacement rails you used? Trying to use as close to the same parts as what came in my 2017 Windsport 34J
Old 11-16-2020, 06:39 AM   #26

State: California
THOR #16919
I measured and inventoried every drawer. I bought new soft close drawer glides on Amazon.com. Search Amazon for Liberty Hardware soft close drawer glides...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	57A50F7A-1C1D-4124-9F64-E3BB4E421D35.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	83.3 KB
ID:	27181  
2017 Thor Miramar 34.1
Crimson Quartz
Dilley Dilley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2020, 12:27 PM   #27

Model: vegas 24.1
State: Nevada
THOR #17346
ya the plastic latches are poor. I am switching to magnetic as I replace them. ANOTHER problem I am having with the large draws are the weight in them causes the bottom to sag and it drags across the latches resulting in a groove in the bottom of the draw. continued wear like this will result in failure. my response to this is to glue a thin metal sheet to the underneath bottom of the draw to protect from the wear groove effect. any other suggestions, thoughts?
Old 11-16-2020, 04:46 PM   #28

Model: Windsport 34J
THOR #21078
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilley Dilley View Post
I measured and inventoried every drawer. I bought new soft close drawer glides on Amazon.com. Search Amazon for Liberty Hardware soft close drawer glides...
Thanks! Ordered them and the rear bracket. Thanks for the pointer .
Old 11-17-2020, 10:27 PM   #29

Model: Axis 24.1
State: Nebraska
THOR #6107
Kitchen Drawer Issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by narancic View Post
I don't suppose you have a link to the replacement rails you used? Trying to use as close to the same parts as what came in my 2017 Windsport 34J
My kitchen drawer issue was the plastic latch would not work properly. I removed the drawer (there are a couple little black tabs on both outsides of the drawer. Push them up or down to release the drawer so it will slide off the tracks). My latch was stuck in the closed position. I used a small screw driver to make it turn towards me. I then sprayed some lubricant on it.

I replaced the drawer and pushed it in and out a few times. It is working for the time being (don't know how long it will last).

I like the magnetic idea. That might be a cool solution and not too difficult to install.
Old 11-18-2020, 09:54 AM   #30

Model: Windsport 35M
State: Illinois
THOR #16237
The problem is in the rear of the drawer there are plastic locking latches and sometimes these Latches are not in the normal position (Locked when the drawer is open. You will need to remove the drawer and open the receiving latch installed on the cabinet frame at the rear of the drawer. On the drawer itself you will see a plastic small hoof that locks into the receiver on the cabinet at the rear of the drawer. Hope that this makes sense.
Old 11-18-2020, 10:14 AM   #31

Model: Windsport 35M
State: Illinois
THOR #16237

Name:	Latch.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	83.2 KB
ID:	27205
Old 11-18-2020, 01:45 PM   #32
I Think We're Lost!

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoseyStapler View Post
....I replaced the drawer and pushed it in and out a few times. It is working for the time being (don't know how long it will last)...
Glad to see that your drawers are working properly... ( HA!)
Bob Denman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2020, 04:38 PM   #33

Brand: Redwood
Model: 36FB
THOR #3610
Replace the cheap plastic with these, found at most any hardware store.

Name:	everbilt-cabinet-latches-9265596-64_1000.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	41.6 KB
ID:	27207
Replacement undetermined
Travelin' Texans is offline   Reply With Quote