Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class A Motor Coach
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-27-2020, 02:51 AM   #21

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Windsport 31S
State: Massachusetts
THOR #2450
I have a 2015 31S and occasionally have the same problem. When it happens it is always the result of one of those red and yellow breakers in the Battery compartment next to the stairs. They are on the wall of the compartment on the right.

Old 09-27-2020, 11:46 AM   #22

Model: Freedom Traveller A27
State: North Carolina
THOR #17765
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenrx7 View Post
Hello sorry for on submitting questions and not contributing to the forum. We are still new so I hope In time I can add some content. For now I have a question on the leveling system. We have a 31s windsport and have been traveling for the past week with no issues on the leveling system. A storm is rolling in and we need the leveling system however it’s not functioning. We are using the manual leveling since the automatic receives a “low voltage” error. This has been the workaround while on the trip. On a side note, I have replaced both house batteries and the crank battery during the trip.

When using the manual leveling option, you can hear a clicking sound as you press any of the front, rear, or side options. We’ve read there is a breaker reset. Can someone tell me where that is located?

Am I looking in the right direction?
If your batteries are low they won’t wor regardless of engine running. If they are Lippert try the mylci app. It offers troubleshooting and code assistance.
Old 09-30-2020, 05:08 AM   #23

Model: 2016 class c 31w
State: California
THOR #9093
hopefully you got this fixed but the breaker for levelers on my 31w were mounted to the frame across from the battery box so you have to crawl under the rig below the steps and look up on the frame
Old 10-05-2020, 12:38 AM   #24

State: Texas
THOR #20229
Thank you Dilley Dilley, I am going to research the app. I replaced the solenoid and it’s still the same result. Service center around me are a month out before the unit can even get in the shop so I want to exhaust all options. Thank again
Old 10-05-2020, 01:52 AM   #25

THOR #20229
MCI... do you mean the break is tripped? My breakers are not trip however I did trip and reset. I have replaced all batteries in the unit (just in case.)

PS: I plan on calling LCI tomorrow for some troubleshooting steps.
Old 10-05-2020, 11:40 AM   #26

Model: Tuscany 42GX
State: Missouri
THOR #9178
Mercon V is what I have used for the past 30 years or so

Used it in my F550 and other Fords so it was already in the shop

Sounds like you still have a solenoid issue or a weak pump

Those systems very simple and easy to troubleshoot

You will need a high pressure guage to verify pump and all good mobil techs carfy them

We used a lot of electric hydraulic systems on different equipment over the years

Voltage and ground problems were typically the issue

You might want to disassemble the pump suction to verify it is clear

Only one pump failure in 50 years

Have someone operate the pump while you listen

The sound it makes loaded or not is very discernable
Old 10-05-2020, 08:22 PM   #27

THOR #20229
LCI support wasn’t a help. I need an OHM reader to test power to the solenoid. I still think I am over looking the breaker for the leveraging System. LCI still thinks power is restricted. I did get under the coach and checked looked along the frame for the breaker as one of the users mentioned. There are two breakers (50) red with yellow flag and neither are those are tripped. Those are locates in the battery compartment. LCI needs a reading to confirm power, which makes sense.
Old 10-05-2020, 08:31 PM   #28
Site Team

Model: ACE 27.1
State: Florida
THOR #7035
As I said in post #2, you are looking for a 100 Amp breaker.

Start at the pump. Follow the non-grounded lead from the pump back to the pump solenoid. Continue following the main (BIG) power cable from the solenoid back to the battery. Along the way you should encounter the 100 amp breaker which also supplies the generator for starting.
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2020, 09:49 PM   #29

Model: Hurricane 31S
THOR #6411
Quote:
LCI support wasn’t a help. I need an OHM reader to test power to the solenoid. I still think I am over looking the breaker for the leveraging System. LCI still thinks power is restricted. I did get under the coach and checked looked along the frame for the breaker as one of the users mentioned. There are two breakers (50) red with yellow flag and neither are those are tripped. Those are locates in the battery compartment. LCI needs a reading to confirm power, which makes sense.
You have two 100 amp 12 volt circuit breakers on the forward wall to the battery compartment. The one for the electric jack pump and the electric stater motor for the generator and it is the one closest to the door. The second one (closest to the center of the coach) is for the inverter. In the very back of the battery compartment, is a 50 amp circuit breaker with no press to test button but a flag and it is for the latching relay (use/store). The jack controller also needs chassis battery power for the display and logic module. Its power comes through another 100 amp circuit breaker located just behind the chassis battery on the forward right frame rail.
Beau388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2020, 10:57 PM   #30

THOR #20229
Mine is in the battery compartment x2 100 amp breaker which I have already checked.
Old 10-06-2020, 11:15 PM   #31

THOR #20229
Beau... so 4 breakers, yikes I have only found the two 100 amps. I will look again. The chassis battery is the crank battery?
Old 10-06-2020, 11:44 PM   #32

THOR #20229
I followed the power cable leading from the pump solenoid all the way back to the battery compartments. It leads to a which leads to the 100 amp breaker. It’s not tripped :-(
Old 10-07-2020, 12:08 AM   #33
Site Team

THOR #7035
Quote:
I followed the power cable leading from the pump solenoid all the way back to the battery compartments. It leads to a which leads to the 100 amp breaker. It’s not tripped :-(
Did you measure voltage to ground on both sides of the breaker?
Old 10-07-2020, 12:31 AM   #34

Model: Chateau 31L
THOR #12189
I don't know your setup, specifically. On mine, There's an inline fuse to the the hydraulic pump. It's not easily discernable. It looks like a black 'block' but the lid comes off and that junction has a fuse in it. Check it. It's an easy fix if that's the problem.
Old 10-09-2020, 12:43 AM   #35

THOR #20229
Thanks Dilly Dilly, I downloaded the app which has some good information referenced in it. I also called Thor who emailed me where my fuses are located. I would like to share in case it helps someone. Unfortunately resetting the breaker didn’t help my situation.

To reset the 50/100 amp breaker, you will need to go to the house battery compartment. There will be a black box that is about the size of a deck of cards with a blue button on it. This should be either on the wall or the top of the compartment. Press the blue button and a yellow flag will come out. Once the flag is out push it back into the black box. This is resetting the 50/100 amp fuse. Hopefully this will take care of it.

If not, I strongly recommend seeing a RV service center so they can diagnose it and repair it correctly.

If you would like to speak to a live Technical Rep, please contact 877-855-2867.
Old 10-09-2020, 01:02 AM   #36
Site Team

THOR #7035
Quote:
Thanks Dilly Dilly, I downloaded the app which has some good information referenced in it. I also called Thor who emailed me where my fuses are located. I would like to share in case it helps someone. Unfortunately resetting the breaker didn’t help my situation.

To reset the 50/100 amp breaker, you will need to go to the house battery compartment. There will be a black box that is about the size of a deck of cards with a blue button on it. This should be either on the wall or the top of the compartment. Press the blue button and a yellow flag will come out. Once the flag is out push it back into the black box. This is resetting the 50/100 amp fuse. Hopefully this will take care of it.

If not, I strongly recommend seeing a RV service center so they can diagnose it and repair it correctly.

If you would like to speak to a live Technical Rep, please contact 877-855-2867.
I've never seen one with a blue button before: blue flag? Yes.

So did resetting the breaker fix your problem?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Breakers.png
Views:	55
Size:	95.8 KB
ID:	26582  
Old 10-09-2020, 01:16 AM   #37

THOR #20229
In addition to the advice provided, my windsport leveling breaker is shown towards the end of this Thor video. 100% confirmed my issue is not with a triggered breaker.

Old 10-09-2020, 10:37 AM   #38

THOR #20229
I have never seen the blue ribbon / flag/ deck of cards :-)
I can say by watching the Thor video and at the last 20 secs of the video I can say that I am resetting the correct breaker.

For my issue, resetting the breaker doesn’t fix anything. It’s still a clicking sound, solenoid was replaced. I still need to check power to the motor. Personally I think it’s the motor.
I have a service appointment scheduled at the end of October so we will see and I will report back the findings. Thank you everyone for the suggestions.
Old 10-09-2020, 10:45 AM   #39

Model: Tuscany 42GX
State: Missouri
THOR #9178
Quote:
Originally Posted by valkosr View Post
So no need to spend extra for synthetic if water is the concern, but is there a preferred type Dexron, Mercon, ATF+4, etc.?
Some folks have seen more leakage past the internal seals using conventional fluid

Additon of motorcycle fork oil or marvel mystery oil is often used to reduce the popping sounds when the jacks leak

9 years is the longest I owned any RV with hydraulic levelers

No moisture detected in the reservoir however if you in the South or along a coast then it could happen
Old 10-09-2020, 02:15 PM   #40

Model: Chateau 31L
THOR #12189
How do you refill the reservoir? Mine looked half full with jacks retracted. Thought about filling it but can't find an inlet. Jacks work fine (knock wood).